• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Salamence / Houndoom EX

shadoworganoid

"Crimson Dance, Yugetsu!"
Pokemon: 18
  • 4 Salamence (Roaring Skies)
  • 3 Shelgon (Roaring Skies)
  • 4 Bagon (Roaring Skies)
  • 2 Reshiram (Roaring Skies)
  • 1 Giratina EX (Ancient Origins)
  • 1 Ninetales (Dragons Exalted)
  • 1 Vulpix (Dragons Exalted)
  • 2 Houndoom EX (BREAKthrough)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 24
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 3 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Master Ball
  • 3 Switch or Escape Rope (unsure which is better)
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 4 Scorched Earth
  • 1 N
  • 2 Hugh
Energy: 18
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
  • 8 Fire Energy
  • 6 Water Energy
Strategy:

I'm still just getting back into the game so my knowledge of the card pool is limited to skimming through serebii.
The idea I had in mind was to start with Reshiram or with Houndoom and Scorched Earth.
Houndoom is tanky and with the stadium, you get draw power and it sets up for houndoom's second attack which would let me recycle that discarded fire energy onto a bagon/shelgon/salamence. And if i started with the Reshiram, i would have energy acceleration.

I chose to try out Hugh because Salamence's Power Howl attack does more damage if the opponent's hand size is big. So in theory, its a win-win.

I decided that instead of wasting my supporter for the turn on Lyssandr or gambling on Catcher, I could try the single copy of Ninetales and force a KO that i want. This Ninetales is like Bright Look 2.0 in a way.

My biggest concern though is whether or not my trainers and supporters line up is consistent enough though.

Any suggestions or input is appreciated.

Back