• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Sablock Confuses Me? (Battle Road/Senior)

Cypher

HARD CRUSH!!!!
I have been having some trouble with my Sablock list lately and I need some advice. My main problem is that I'm not sure about how many of a certain card to use so I can get the best consistency for things like SP Radar, Energy Gain, Uxie, and Cyrus's Initative. Usually I use 3 SP Radars because I think it's consistent, but many people only use 2 instead and I'm not sure why. I use 2 Energy Gains instead of the standard 3 because I think it's just easier to Poketurn/Scoop Up a Pokemon to reuse the tool rather than to run an extra one. I only run one Cyrus's Initative because the only time I seem to need it, is in turn 1 or possibly 2. Uxie confuses me the most because most decks run 2-1, but I usually only use Uxie once during the entire game because I get such a massive hand. (Note: I don't own Uxie Lv.X) Please give me some advice!

Sablock List:

Pokemon:

4 Sableye
2-2 Garchomp C
2 Crobat G
2 Honchkrow G
1 Uxie
1-1 Blaziken FB (Used for disruption and quick damage)
1-1 Umbreon UD (Moonlight Fang to Wall / Mewtwo Counter)
1 Unown Q

Trainers/Supporters:

4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Power Spray
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Poketurn
2-3 SP Radar (Depending if I run Luxury Ball)
2 Energy Exchanger
2 Energy Gain
1 Judge
1 Cyrus's Initiative
1 Bebe's Search
1 Aaron's Collection

Energy:

4 Special Dark
4 Double Colorless
3 Basic Dark
1 Basic Fire

RE: Sablock Confuses Me?

You need to put what tournament you are using this in and your division in your thread title. Thanks!

Well, I know for one thing that you're a Sablock, so you should try to get as close to 4 of Judge and Cyrus's Initiative. So, here are my suggestions:

-1 Cyrus's Conspiracy (Three will do just fine)
-2 Super Scoop Up (Poke Turn says hi)
-1 Pokemon Collector (I find that more than two clogs up my hand)

+3 Cyrus's Initiative (I know you say you don't need it, but in Sablock, it's needed to have four)
+1 Judge (Disruption!)

Other than that, your list looks good. I like your inclusion of Blaziken FB Lv.X, it's a great card and should be used in most SP's.

I'm not sure if you should use both Garchomp C and Blaziken FB. I would stick to one or the other. Besides that I would take out a Cyrus for a Collector.

Thanks for all the advice so far! I think my main problem was that I was more focused on setting up than actually disrupting the opponent

Yeah, you definently need one more Judge and one more Initiative. You also need chatot g. Add those in when you decide if you want to keep either Blaziken or Garchomp.

Back