• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Sableye/Garbodor

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 2 Bunnelby PRC 121
* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 4 Sableye DEX 62
* 1 Latias-EX PLF 85
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Trubbish NVI 48
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 41

* 2 Trick Shovel FLF 98
* 1 Team Aqua's Secret Base DCR 28
* 2 N DEX 96
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Team Rocket's Handiwork FCO 112
* 3 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 3 Professor Juniper DEX 98
* 3 Crushing Hammer SUM 115
* 2 Head Ringer Team Flare Hyper Gear PHF 97
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Ghetsis PLF 101
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 1 Plumeria BUS 120
* 2 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Life Dew PLF 107
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 6

* 6 Darkness Energy Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Hello, this is my Sableye/Garb deck. Its strategy is very simple, but for someone not experienced with the deck, it can go really bad. Anyway the strategy is to get rid of your opponents resources (Energy, Stadiums, Float Stones, deck) with Sableye infinitely retrieving Puzzles, while stalling something fat in the active. After that, you get rid of their last 10~ ish cards or so with Bunnelby. Its an AMAZING and FUN deck. Disruption/lock has always been my favorite strategy since Dark Vileplume. Some things I want to fit, but don't know where:

- an AZ, it helps with getting EX/GX of the board, and can pick up Sableye that can't attack. (paralysis, sleep, etc)

- Is Giratina promo better than Latias here? Latias is mainly for the Trevenant matchup. Since they can't damage you at all.

- a few (possibly 2) Blend Enerigies (D,G,F,P) for attacking with Latias. I would probably not though, as its not really needed.

- Trainers' Mail, consistency, but I run compressors so most likely not?

Thats it. If any of you have more things you'd like to suggest/add, feel free to tell me :)

Naw, Latias is better than the Tina here. Latias can also help the Archiestoise matchup, which is starting to see play again, the Trees matchup, where you completely shut THEM down, and just techy cards like Night Cloak Darkrai-EX. Giratina directly shuts down Abilities, which Garb does, so it completely defeats the purpose, on top of the Trev players can just not Break evolve, since they won't get punished for it in this matchup. I've played Sable/ Garb off and on since Breakthrough, so I can say that there's few things that need fixing. First of all, drop the Head Ringers. You discard so many Energy so fast, and the expanded meta has way less EX's than it used to, when Head Ringer was a one-of in Sable/ Garb. Because the usual strategy to beat this deck is to N and Ghetsis as often as possible, you should up your Puzzle count to 4, since you ALWAYS want them in your hand. 2 Shaymin is only good, since you want to usually use your supporters to discard Energy. AZ is really good, and although I can't definitely say what to drop, I will say you should be using the card. Blend Energy is meh, since you don't play Trashalanche or Night Cloak, so just stick to the Basic Dark, since you can Super Rod it back in. I think that this is the 1 deck where Lysandre is better than Guzma. Everything except for Garb has 1 retreat, so you can just manually retreat if you get Lysandre'd, otherwise, you don't really want to switch. I'd also play 2 Lysandre at that, since if you don't start Latias against Trevenant, you have an out to the item lock. It's also just good to stall the game if your opponent has too many Energy in play to discard in 2-3 turns. This is personal, but I like 4 Compressor in Sable/ Garb more than the Trainers' Mail. I never really understood why people play Mail in this deck, since Compressor is way quicker, more reliable, and gets you more accessible cards.

-1/2 Bunnelby (it isn't needed in this deck, but I do like it for the games where your opponent has 15 or less cards in their deck, since you play super aggressively and win the game asap)
-1 Guzma
-1 Aqua Base (didn't explain this one yet, but Float Stone exists, and you'd probably rather have Parallel City in play.
-2 Head Ringer
-1 Enhanced Hammer (1 is plenty, you can get it every single turn, and I don't see a scenario where you need 2 Hammer in 1 turn, since Flare Grunt can take care of the active Mon)

+1 Shaymin-EX
+2 Lysandre
+2 Battle Compressor
+1 Puzzle of Time

optional: +1 AZ if you don't think you'd miss the bunny.

Thanks for the advice! I will leave 1 Bunnelby and replace one with AZ. My logic behind the Head Ringer was mostly so they couldn't attach Float Stone to retreat. Archie's 'Stoise is a very easy matchup for this deck, but the Latias does come into play a lot there, as their only attack without an ability is Articuno.

Back