• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

SableTrick (Sableye Trick Shovel)

zavtac

Got ma Invite
Pokemon:

• 4 Sableye
    1 Yveltal EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Ghetsis
    3 Cheren
    4 Skyla
    3 Lysandre
    4 Roller Skates
    1 Pal Pad
    4 Trick Shovel
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    4 Crushing Hammer
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    1 Super Rod
    3 Level Ball
    1 Ultra Ball
    3 Red Card
    4 Virbank City Gym
    1 Computer Search
Energy:

• 7 Darkness

Strategy:
So. Weird hey, but it works. The aim of the deck is to make your opponent dead draw by using the combo of Red Card/Ghetsis/Trick Shovel, with Sableye to recover the combo and to get the damage on your opponents board with hypnotoxic laser. Yveltal is to clean the game when you have prevented the opponent from getting any more pokemon. Basically, you can manipulate your opponents hand to be what you want. About the supporters, the problem is that you don't want your hand to be limited at all, which is why I play only supporters that increase your size of the hand without harming your hand. Its nice, and does work, and if you need proof, try it. If you still don't understand I can improve this explanation.

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

Why not max out the red card?

The red card/ghetsis combo doesn't really work unless your opponent draws a hand without supporters. One supporter is really all one needs to restart the ball. Also, what's to stop the next card being a lifesaver? Unless you can chain 2 shovels minimum every turn, I don't see it as very sustainable.

It's just theorymoning of course. But have you tried it? What are the results specifically?

Maybe try a 1-1 Dragalge to prevent retreating after laser. or even something fun like the new Lovedisc that prevents your opponent from drawing a card on their next turn.

There are a couple cards that can help out this deck a lot. The XY Malamud is the biggest one; he can pick down your opponent's hand really well.

-1 Sableye
-1 Ghetsis
-1 Lysandre
-1 Roller Skates
-2 Virbank City Gym
-1 Computer Search
-1 Hypnotoxic Laser

+2 Malamar (Mental Trash)
+2 Inkay (Confusion Wave)
+1 Victini (Victory Star)
+2 Hooligans Jim and Cass
+1 Dowsing Machine

This should help you keep the 'lock' up. Hope it helps!

Ah, you're absolutely correct. In that case

-1 Lysandre
-1 Virbank City Gym
-1 Computer Search

+2 Hooligans Jim and Cass
+1 Dowsing Machine

Dowsing is crucial in here so that you can get back Virbank and Ghetsis. I feel like it's important for here.

I play a similar type of this deck and you really need hooligans Jim and Cas it's really a key card for this deck

Hooligans is a flip and put it back into the deck it doesn't allow milling, ghetsis is better not a flip reduces to supporters trick shovel for a supporter they might draw and then malamar the supporters out of there hand.

Back