• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Sablelock, Chenlock, and Smearlock! (Each of them -> Seniors, Any Event)

Should I use VS Seeker instead of Luxury Ball?

• Total voters
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sablelock!

Pokemon: 22
4 Sableye
2-2 Garchomp C LV.X
1-1 Honchcrow SV
1 Chatot G
2 Honchkrow G
1 Ambipom G
1 Unown Q
1 Toxicroak G (Promo)
2 Crobat G
2-1 Uxie LV.X
1 Azelf

T/S/S: 27
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Cyrus's Initiative
4 PokeTurn
4 Power Spray
3 Energy Gain
3 SP Radar
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Judge
1 Bebe's Search
1 Aaron's Collection
1 VS Seeker

Energy: 11
4 Special Darkness Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy {C}{C}
2 Darkness Energy {D}
1 Psychic Energy {P}

Strategy: Basic Sablelock strategy. Use Sableye+Special Dark/Crobat G to donk. If you cannot manage to donk, use Judge to get your opponents hand down to 4 cards, then use Impersonate to use an Initiative. If you get a Chatot G after you've gotten your cards from Judge, play it and hopefully give your opponent a bad top deck. Hopefully your opponent will not draw anything useful and give you a chance to set up your Garchomp C and start attacking your opponents weaker Pokemon. Use Power Spray to stop your opponent from using Uxie/Anything else for drawpower. Use Uxie LV.X for drawpower and to severely damage Machamps. Use Unown Q to give Sableye/Honchcrow/Uxie free retreat, Ambipom G to hopefully donk (And to OHKO Garchomp C LV.X's), and Honchkrow SV as a Mewtwo/Machamp counter. Use Promocroak as a Luxray GL LV.X counter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chenlock!

Pokemon: 26
3 Sableye
1 Smeargle UD
2-2 Blaziken FB LV.X
2-2 Garchomp C LV.X
1-1 Honchkrow SV
2-1 Uxie LV.X
1 Azelf
2 Crobat G
1 Ambipom G
1 Bronzong G
1 Honchkrow G
1 Chatot G
1 Toxicroak G (Promo)
1 Unown Q

T/S/S: 23
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Cyrus's Initiative
2 Judge
4 PokeTurn
4 Energy Gain
2 Power Spray
2 SP Radar
1 Aaron's Collection
2 Pokemon Collector

1 Special Darkness Energy
2 Fire Energy {R}
2 Darkness Energy {D}
1 Psychic Energy {P}
1 Warp Energy

This deck pretty much has the same strategy, except it uses Blaziken as one of the main attackers instead of Honchkrow G. Still has the basic strategy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smearlock!

Pokemon: 25
4 Smeargle UD
2-2 Garchomp C LV.X
2-2 Blaziken FB LV.X
1-1 Honchkrow SV
2-1 Uxie LV.X
1 Azelf
1 Chatot G
2 Crobat G
1 Toxicroak G Promo
1 Unown Q
1 Bronzong G
1 Dragonite FB

T/S/S: 24
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
4 PokeTurn
3 SP Radar
2 Power Spray
3 Energy Gain
2 Cyrus's Initiative
2 Judge
1 Expert Belt
2 Pokemon Collector
1 Aaron's Collection

2 Warp Energy
2 Darkness Energy {D}
2 Fire Energy {R}
1 Psychic Energy {P}

Smearlock is a bit different from Sablelock and Chenlock because it uses Smeargle as a starter to abuse your opponent's Supporters and help you set up faster. Because it doesn't use Sableye, it doesn't exactly focus as much on locking, unless you're playing against a Sablelock/Chenlock/Mirror so that you can use their Initiatives and Judges. It also runs Bronzong G and Warp Energy, which I have found [both] very helpful in many situations. The Expert Belt is also there, as it helps you to donk Garchomp C's (with Smeargle, Garchomp, etc) and possibly other Pokemon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~A+G​

RE: Battle Roads (Maybe)-Seniors*~SableLock!~*~Sableye, Honchkrow G, and Garchomp C!~*

Honestly this a pretty standard list so it is hard to help :p
Although i would swap a judge for maybe a Giratina or energy exchanger, but that'd be my only suggestion.

RE: Battle Roads (Maybe)-Seniors*~SableLock!~*~Sableye, Honchkrow G, and Garchomp C!~*

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
Honestly this a pretty standard list so it is hard to help :p
Although i would swap a judge for maybe a Giratina or energy exchanger, but that'd be my only suggestion.

Yeah, I know it's a very standard list. :) I don't really like Giratina for all the cons it has, such as it can be dragged up, as well as take up space on your bench. Thanks for your suggestions, though.

~A+G

Your Chatot can be very useful and frustrating to the opponent! Also your Cyrus's Conspiracy and Cyrus's Initiative plus Power Spray and Poke Turn can make it very powerful!

^ At above ^ No way, my friend gave up after 2 Disrupting Spy's :)

- 1 SP Radar
+ 1 Bebe's Search

For getting LvXs faster.
Now I think your list is perfect.

RE: Battle Roads-Seniors*~SableLock!~*~Sableye, Honchkrow G, and Garchomp C!~*

^ The reason I don't use Giratina is because it takes up bench space and can be dragged up by Luxray GL LV.X.

Thanks for the suggestion,
~A+G

Ahh Ok
I Soo think hmm xD
Ok Byee.
_________
Sablelock

^Okay, seriously? The whole point of Sablelock is to disrupt your opponent with the Judge and Cyrus's Initiative. It's just a given to have an Initiative in the deck. Besides, with TRT your opponent chooses what to discard, so they'll just discard something that they don't need.

~A+G

RE: Sablelock (Sableye, Honchkrow G, Garchomp C)! (Seniors, BR)

So I've been looking at all your decks and I was about to start working on your raichu deck because it seems like a great idea. but now that I've come across this deck it seems way more consistent and just more competitive.

^Yeah, Sablelock is a very good and consistent deck IMO, but requires a lot of time learning how to play it correctly. I have spent days reading Sablelock articles and other Sablelock decklists, and I still have not mastered the deck. It is one of the hardest decks to play, though it is probably the cheapest Tier 1 deck you are going to see (cheapest is probably $50-60). My advice: Take some time to look at other lists and read articles if you really want to learn how to play this deck. It takes a lot of practice to play.

Hope this advice helped,
~A+G

Yeah thanks a lot man it really did. The thing is though I really do think this deck will do better than the raichu deck and therefore i'm beginign to work on getting the cards for this one. Also yes I will go look at how to use this deck and I can see how this can be a challenge. Also how come Honchcrow SV is a Machamp counter?

^Well, Machamp OHKOs all of the Pokemon in your deck, since they are all basic, so you're going to need something that can't be OHKOed by Machamp (a.k.a. a Stage 1/2, not that you should use a Stage 2...). It's not really a counter, but I don't know what else to call it.... :p

~A+G

Lol alright I see what you mean so I guess I can switch that line up with another stage 1 that I might find pretty useful to this deck.. If i ever figure something out lol ill let you know. Also, i was wondering why 4 Cyrus' Conspiracy. Everything else is pretty straight forward

Well, 4 of them are really kind of necessary in any SP deck, and you almost always want to top deck a Cyrus at any time, as you can get many cards you need. Basically it is just there because it is a very useful card in SP (and partial-SP) decks like Sablelock. So yeah, 4 are there for the basic reasons they're there in an SP deck.

~A+G

lol, yeaman after posting this I thought of what that card does and it was totally obvious to me, I think i must have been thinking of another card but yeah it makes sense. All i'm missing for this deck is a really in depth strategy to really understand how to use this deck

Back