• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

RVLT (Regigigas EX, Vileplume,Landorus,Terrakion.)

Archeops

Aspiring Trainer
@ 7:05 updated list with your guy's suggestions.

I am new to the senior division and have played some cities this weekend. I've built chandelure and done well, so when ND comes out I want to be ready. I will have enough money to get a booster box and i'm planing on it, and here is the deck I hope to use with some cards from it:

x1 Pichu
x2 Cleffa
x3 Regigigas EX
x4 landorus
x3 Terrakion FA NV
x3 Oddish
x2 Vileplume
x2 Reuniclus
x2 duosion
x3 solosis

x4 N
x4 twins
x4 Sage's training
x3 Rare candy
x3 Pokemon communication
x2 Pokemon collector

x5 Fighting
x4 Prism
x3 DCE
x2 Rescue

Please feel free to discuss and add or subtract from the list!

You're running way too many trainers for a trainer lock deck. You'll almost never use any trainers in a Vileplume deck except Communication/Ultra Ball and Rare Candy, so everything else is a dead draw 9 out of 10 times. With that in mind,

-2 Catcher
-1 Revive
-2 Heavy Ball (everything this can search out, Collector can search out, and more, and Collector isn't blocked by Plume)
-3 Lost Remover
-3 Junk Arm

Next you're got way too much energy.

-2 Psychic Energy (honestly, just use a Prism on Rachi)
-3 Fighting Energy (I'm not sure if you should go with 4, 5, or 6 of these, but definately not 8-you've got prism)

Now onto adding the staples you really need.

+2 N With a slow deck, this is an awesome card
+1 Collector The only reason this isn't a 4 is because you've got a Pichu
+1 Sage's Training Staple in stage 2s, max this
+3 Pokemon Communication Helps to set up Vileplume, making it far more useful than Heavy Ball
+1 Prism Energy Can power any attacker in your deck. Why not 4?
+1 Twins Listed as essential to your strategy, again, why not 4?
+9

As you can see, this leaves you with a bunch of room left over. With that, you can add a Reuniclus line to prevent your bulky Pokemon from dying, or various other basics to take advantage of Prism Energy and enemy weakness. There are also a few changes I'd make like cutting some Terrakion but consistency changes should be first.

I agree with everything Dark Void said. I would just -1 Communication, and switch Landordous with Kyurem.It does everything you want better, and is harder to 1-hit KO That leaves us with 10 cards (-1 Terrakion). I would use:
3-2-2 Reuniclus.
1-1 Blissey Prime.
1 Seeker
These two cards together make Regigigas invincible, and you might want to fit in a Shaymin for switching Regigigas's.

10 Supporters and 10 Trainers in a trainer-lock deck, looks pretty solid to me.

Haha anyway, usually the only trainers you should use in a trainer-locking deck is 4 Pokemon Communications and 4 Rare Candies, but thats just my opinion. I would drop the other trainers for some draw support. Good luck!

The point of item lock is to put it up turn 2, and after that all trainers are dead draws.
2 Communication and 3 candies are really all thats necessary.

Thanks for the the help! With a noob like me this is awesome. First off, doesn't plume block supporters because in bw- on it's a trainer-supporter?

I really would enjoy reuiniclus, but this is a little bit building on a budget, and after getting like one or 2 more gigas I don't know if I'll have enough money, and I'm very limited on trading.
Also I think I wrote that I would play more but I don't have more, seriously they're like what, 10 dollars on eBay now ? Anyways, thanks!

It is true that terrakion is not needed, but in a format of electric types, and being. Able to 2 hit KO mewtwo as well as being a good guy to bring up after a gigas is killed, and it's mild synergy with terrakion I think it works pretty good, but I'll test this soon and then tell you how it turns out.

@ lumos, thanks! I would substitute in kyurem, but I will probably not be able to trade for one for a while and buying them is pointless as their are around 15 on eBay. I would like kyurem, but I think the semi synergy between regi,reuiniclus, and landlorus is pretty cool.

Reuniclus is only $3 online.
And no, plume doesn't block supporters. That would be completely different and I don't know if anyone would use it.
Thirdly, I mostly suggest Kyurem because he has outrage, you cover electric types with Terrakion, and he is much harder to 1-hit Ko, which is vital to this deck.

Yeah, just saw that and will order some tomorrow. The main problem will be mewtwo I think. So with mewtwo it'll probably be get regi out as soon as possible and just tank and then kill mewtwo. With prism I think mewtwo can do140 t1 but regi with prism after that will do 190 back, so it actually might be favorable.

Kyurem EX or Kyogre EX would work best here. Replace your Landorus line with either of them

Kyogre spreads. Kyurem just destroys.

Landorus isnt needed, Terrakion will do all of the damage you could possibly want.

I would remove Pichu for a 2nd Gloom but thats just me, more consistency that way.
Your collectors should do MORE than enough to grab out those Basics,that being said, almost half your pokemon ARE basic.

I have been playtesting a build myself, wont post it due to it possibly being stolen though.

As I stated earlier I am unable to get kyurem and Kyogre will not be in the English set,but I also think landorus is okay here. I'm not really looking for spread, because terrakion and gigas can do tons of damage, but I like landorus because it helps with Reuniclus to set up gigas as well as give you control over when and what terrakion revenge KO's"

Dude, Kyurem is gonna be in the English set.... Right here, bottom of page 2.

Add them in. http://pokebeach.com/page/2

How does Landorus set up Reuniclus though....

Kyurem is much better. Trust me.

Back