Help Ruling on (once during you turn) abilities

Dalton

Aspiring Trainer
What makes abilities that say once during your turn be able to be used again?
Example
Decidueye uses feather arrow and then you Deevolution spray it and use the ability again.
What is the reason you can use it again. Do the Decidueye count as different Pokemon even though it is the same card? Another example is the plasma freeze Exeggcute, that comes back from the discard to your hand.
The ability reads,

Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is in your discard pile, you may put this Pokémon into your hand.

Can it be used infininitly since it goes from hand to discard between each use of the ability?

This is a weird question, so I would appreciate any help on the rulings on abilities that are once during your turn. I am not a new player, so be as technical as you want. This question isn't for just these two abilities, but any once during your turn ability.

Yes, the Decidueye counts as a different Pokemon if its returned to the hand. The "game" doesn't remember that it was in play so when it comes back down ( I assume via FoGP), its a completely new Pokemon. The same is true for Exeggcute. These thing pretty much only count if a card is removed from whatever zone it was in (field, hand, discard, lost zone) and move to another and then goes back to it.

crystal_pidgeot is correct. You can use a "Once during your turn" Ability once for each Pokémon with that Ability. If a Pokémon is moved from a public zone (in play, discard, efc.) to a private zone (your hand, deck, etc.) the game "forgets" that the Ability was used. When it comes back into play, even on the same turn the game considers it a "new" Pokémon and thus the Ability can be used again.

Back