Ruling Rules about building a deck

Cardy

Aspiring Trainer
Hi I have quite a few theme decks and a tonne of booster packs from the last few years.
Today I got the dragon frontier decks but want to mix them in to my older decks (ex sandstorm / ex crystal guardains) Is this allowed? Also are you allowed to evolve a base pokemon in to its stage 1 pokemon if the base is a different energy to the stage 1 eg base psy cyndaquil to stage 1 fire quilava?
Many thanks

1.You can only mix packs/sets that were released after deoxys(and deoxys)
You can also mix : e.g.dragon if it is unlimited format.
2.Yes you can.

If your confused,let me know :D

Um I dont know how to tell. Im really sorry. Im a bit thick when it comes to the rules about creating decks. Basically I want to mix EX Dragon Frontier cards with EX Sandstorm cards.
These
http://www.pokebeach.com/sets/exdragonfrontiers.html
with these
http://www.pokebeach.com/themedecks/adv2.html
Thanks for the PM got it now. Sorry for the confusion

da rules:
1. Max 4 of the same card, excluding basic energy, or unless written on the card. (Such as Pokemon *, etc) Basic Energy- Water, Fire, Grass, Fighting, Psychic, Electric. From DP onwards- Dark and Metal will be printed as basics. What does the same card mean? Same name. You cant have 4 Potion RS and 4 Potion UF. or 4 Gardevoir EM and 4 Gardevoir DS.
2. 60 and only 60 cards. No less. No more. 60 means 60. Not like other TCGs, 40 or more. 60. 60. Keep it in your head. Sixty.
3. Modified format- EX Deoxys On.
4. Any card from the sets allowed is well, basically allowed. If youre down to putting Zangoose and Seviper, two rivals, in the same deck, go ahead! You wanna put Ampharos in? Go ahead! Put in a Fighting type trapinch, colourless type Vibrava, Psychic type Flygon delta, go ahead! No one is restricting you. Just 60 cards and youre done. Number of types doesnt matter either! Eeveelutions generally require 5 types, Water Fire Electric Dark Psychic, but if you are getting lots of eeveelutions, go ahead and put all 5 in the deck. Make a 4-40 line if needed. No one is forcing you to. No one is forcing you not to.

Wicked many thanks.
Cool so I can mix my crystal guardians and dragon frontier?
One wicked deck coming up if I can do that :)

Yeah, Cards from the set Deoxys through dragon frontiers is legal. This includes the pop 2, 3 and 4 promos, emerald, unseen forces, delta species, crystal guardians, holon phantoms, legend maker, dragon frontiers, and plusle and minun trainer decks. This is if you plan on playing in modified tournaments. But for fun, you could use the sandstorm cards you have.

Back