RSS?

Porygon

Strange Polygon Thing
Now that I've finally got off my lazy backside and found out exactly what this RSS feed thing all the nerds were blabbing about, I've got to say that its pretty convient to not have to reload pages from sites that update frequently. I guess considering PB at the most updates daily, it isn't something too essential for the site, but if its not difficult to implement (which is what I've HEARD, not something I KNOW) then I don't see why not. I'd certainly like to see it on PB.

Of course, people are going to be asking what RSS is - basically, its like a bookmark that tells you all the recent updates of a site before you even visit the site.

Wow never heard of that before and it sounds cool.:)

Is the RSS bookmark different to RSS Syndication? I get the idea that they're vastly different, but I have no idea...

I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. PPN (used to?) has it.

Well... it stands for Real Simple Syndaction.

Essentially, it's a page that you can subscribe to and every time you load it, it checks for updates and shows them to you. Think of it like a podcast subscriptions, but in text only from.

They're not hard to make, my site has an RSS feed. But I don't know if WPM's cuteNews backend can automaticly produce and update one. I don't see why not unless it has some funny quirk about the ways files have to be named. If it has to be done by hand it can be a real pain.

But once it's set up, all the end user needs is a RSS Aggrigator (a program that can read and render RSS). All modern browser have one built in (FireFox, Safari, etc.) IE's is still funky and bugs out with some though.

That is awesome.:) At first I thought pod cast was for your ipod or something but it is for computers how weird.:)

Back