Rotom, Zacian, and Zamazenta VSTAR Revealed from “VSTAR Special Set!”

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new “VSTAR Special Set” will release in Japan on August 5th for 1,980 yen.
It will come with a booster pack containing a Pokemon V and VSTAR combo (one of three possibilities, below). It will also include eight booster packs of Lost Abyss and a VSTAR marker.

064de922afb4032a6bce3d4ad8a90683a3698ff9-200x200.jpg

1453_SP6_pillow_img-113x200.png

Thanks goes to Toine L. for the translations!
Zacian V – Metal – HP220
Basic Pokemon
[M] Break Through: 40 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.
[M][M][C] Giant Hunter: 100+ damage. If the Defending Pokemon is a Pokemon VMAX, this...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Including VStars and VUnion this is the fifth time Zacian get a V, I understand is one of the 2 main legendarys of the game but Solgaleo and Lunala only got 3 Gx each (sharing one card both), before that Yveltal and Xerneas only 1 Ex, there arent more Pokemons out there Who could use that spots?

Where are Regileki, Ragidrago, Calyrex, Glastlier, Spectrier Vs?

Oh awesome. I was liking the Rotom V from the main set, and now I see the Rotom VStar here is just a souped up version of it.

Also I like the fact we are getting Zacian & Zamazenta VStar. It had crossed my mind about how the Vs could now potentially evolve thanks to VStars being a thing, as they couldn't get VMaxes since they cannot Dynamax. Here we are.

Lol at the Zamazenta V translation. In all fairness, when it got that V from the 100 Start Decks, Zacian got nothing. So Zamazenta kinda wins on this front as they both got new Vs in the F Block, but Zamazenta gets an alternate and FA version. But overall I'd say Zacian is winning thanks to getting a V-Union. :p

Rotom V/VSTAR - V, meh. VSTAR, nice and decent. 5 tools can get you a KO in VSTAR. Main issue is looping it. VSTAR Power is nice manipulative draw engine. 3/4
Zamazenta V/VSTAR - High-powered wall, and yes, Rusted Shield works on Zamazenta VSTAR, like how Elemental Badge works on Jolteon VMAX. 5/4-5 (BRS Zamazenta is good yet some decks teched in this card.)
Zacian V/VSTAR - Meh V (prefer the SSH one), VSTAR is just plain standard. Even worse when rotation hits next year. Metal Saucer wont help you most of the time tho. 3 and 4 energy is too much these days, and can't even pay by Double Turbo. 3/3-4

The LOO Rotom was basically SSH Zacian V, to those who wondered.

Rotom Vstar's ability is pretty nutty. Using it alongside a Professor's Research can dig through a pretty decent amount of your deck in one turn.

It makes me wish that the Dyna Motor Rotom from Ultra Prism would make a comeback, so that there could be a dedicated Rotombox deck.

Including VStars and VUnion this is the fifth time Zacian get a V, I understand is one of the 2 main legendarys of the game but Solgaleo and Lunala only got 3 Gx each (sharing one card both), before that Yveltal and Xerneas only 1 Ex, there arent more Pokemons out there Who could use that spots?

Where are Regileki, Ragidrago, Calyrex, Glastlier, Spectrier Vs?
Regieleki and Regidrago are said to be featured in Paradigm Trigger, they might get their Vs there.

Rotom V/VSTAR - V, meh. VSTAR, nice and decent. 5 tools can get you a KO in VSTAR. Main issue is looping it. VSTAR Power is nice manipulative draw engine. 3/4
Zamazenta V/VSTAR - High-powered wall, and yes, Rusted Shield works on Zamazenta VSTAR, like how Elemental Badge works on Jolteon VMAX. 5/4-5 (BRS Zamazenta is good yet some decks teched in this card.)
Zacian V/VSTAR - Meh V (prefer the SSH one), VSTAR is just plain standard. Even worse when rotation hits next year. Metal Saucer wont help you most of the time tho. 3 and 4 energy is too much these days, and can't even pay by Double Turbo. 3/3-4

The LOO Rotom was basically SSH Zacian V, to those who wondered.
Rusted Shield does NOT work on Zamazenta Vstar. Rusted Shield specifies Zamazenta V, unlike Elemental Badge, which says: Pokémon V that have Vaporeon, Volteon, or Vlareon in their name.

Rusted Shield does NOT work on Zamazenta Vstar. Rusted Shield specifies Zamazenta V, unlike Elemental Badge, which says: Pokémon V that have Vaporeon, Volteon, or Vlareon in their name.
Thanks for clarifying. But we need a ruling to double-check anything

Back