• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rotom Box (No Gourgeist)

Bella

Fairy Type Queen
Decklist

---Pokémon - (16)---

x4 Rotom [link]

x2 Mow Rotom [link]

x2 Frost Rotom [link]
x1 Wash Rotom [link]
x1 Heat Rotom [link]

x1 Fan Rotom [link]

x2 Type: Null
x2 Silvally-GX
x1 Tapu Lele-GX

---Trainer Cards - (40)---

Items (10):

x4 Ultra Ball
x4 Field Blower
x2 Rescue Stretcher

Supporters (14):

x4 Professor Sycamore
x4 Sophocles
x3 Psychic's Third Eye
x2 Guzma
x1 Ninja Boy

Tools (16):

x4 Bursting Balloon
x3 Fighting Fury Belt
x3 Float Stone
x2 Choice Band
x2 Fighting Memory
x1 Psychic Memory
x1 Poison Barb

---Energy - (4)---

x4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy

The idea of the deck is to use supporters that draw and discard at the same time, to discard tools and continue drawing to get 9 tools in the discard as fast as possible. Once that's done, Silvally-GX will let you move rotoms around while picking and choosing what move you want to use that turn, and also covering all the types(soon) that rotoms lack letting you hit for weakness against every single deck in the format.
Rotoms:
  • Rotom: x4 of the normal rotom because it is simply the strongest one. With Silvally-GX the "can't attack next turn" con of this card is irrelevant, you can easily switch into another copy of rotom to attack again, or a different form of rotom if you want a different effect. 120 for 0 energy is excellent and you'll always want one on your bench. If you cannot hit for weakness you will be wanting to attack with this card.

• Mow Rotom: x2 for good effect and hits water pokemon for weakness. Water isn't as popular right now, but with Cyrus Prism Star and Glaceon-GX coming out in the same set, who knows. x2 mainly because of enhanced hammer effect, you don't want this card in your prizes when your opponent plays a Super Boost Energy Prism Star.

• Frost Rotom: x2 because great attack against gardevoir, turbodark, venesaur, and other decks that like lots of energy on their field. Water typing lets you hit fire decks for weakness as well, this card destroys volcanion if they have at least 4 energy out. Don't want this card prized against those decks so I run 2 to be safe.

• Wash Rotom: x1 because this is more of a tech card. Water typing is irrelevant since it hit's the bench only which does not take weakness damage. Nice for finishing off their retreated pokemon when you don't have a guzma, but not a card you'll be using every game. Don't mind if it's prized so run 1.

• Heat Rotom: x1 since grass decks aren't too popular right now, and there's no bonus effect to this card. The only real reason we want one is to OHKO Golisopod-GX when equipped with a choice band. If Leafeon-GX really takes off I can see this being bumped to a 2 count, but for now I'm fine leaving it at 1.

• Fan Rotom: x1 honestly, since this deck runs DCE anyways a tapu koko promo is probably better than this card, they both have free retreat and koko has much more hp and no weakness. I can still see this card coming in handy occasionally and want to include at least one for rotom theme reasons. For competitive reasons you might want to consider koko, personal preference.

Other Pokémon:
  • Type: Null: x2 to match with our two Silvally-GX's.

• Silvally-GX: x2 since getting one out each game is nice. Silvally is the best partner to rotoms for a variety of reasons.

Firstly with his ability, he allows you to easily switch between your rotoms without floatstone or energies, meaning with each type of rotom on the bench you can basically pick which attack to use on whatever pokemon is in the active, whether to hit for weakness or for the rotom's ability that comes with the move.

Secondly, including silvally memory tools synergize perfectly with what rotom is trying to accomplish. You want lots of tools in the deck, and when you don't need the specific memories for silvally you can just discard them which in turn helps rotoms.

Lastly by including silvally tools you're covering for the types that rotoms don't cover. Rotoms cover fire, water, grass and lightning weakness, whereas silvally can cover fighting, psychic, dark, fairy and steel (when those specific memories release, right now were stuck with fighting and psychic). With those 9 types, you can essentially see what deck your enemy is playing, and plan to hit for weakness no matter which deck it is.

With the right memory and a choice band, silvally will be able to OHKO if hitting weakness, rotom will OHKO with fury belt or choice band against lightning, frost will OHKO against fire pokemon under certain conditions, heat can OHKO golisopod, and mow can't OHKO every water gx but can at least kill low HP GX's like Lapras.

• Tapu Lele-GX: x1 since it's not desperately needed in this deck. No need to turn 1 bridgette or anything, we mainly just want supporters that discard and draw at the same time which with 11 of them we should be finding easily. 1 lele in here just in case and for emergency sycamore or guzma, and can be ninja boy'd out if the bench space is needed. Also can use our DCE.
Items

• Ultra Ball: x4 is standard and even more so in this deck. Let's you discard 2 tools and draw a pokemon. Good stuff.
  • Field Blower: x4 very versatile in this deck. Let's you attach and discard your own tools, as well as those from your opponent and stadium cards. Also all of our pokemon have abilities, so getting that floatstone of garbodor is important.
  • Rescue Stretcher: x2 you probably won't go a single game without one of your rotom's getting KO'd with their low hp, so if the specific one we need dies we need ways to bring them back. Also if too many get discarded while using discard supporters, the shuffle 3 back into deck feature is great. And for needing a specific move on a specific turn, drawing it straight from graveyard, playing it, switching with silvally, and attacking for no energy is also very good.

Supporters

• Sycamore: x4 since probably the best method of discarding and drawing a lot.

• Sophocles: x4 another great way to discard 2 tools from your hand and draw a ton. Sometimes you don't want to sycamore away everything so options are nice.

• Psychic's Third Eye: x3 it's a very interesting card, and is great for this deck. Let's you see your opponents hand which is never a bad thing, then lets you choose every tool in your hand to discard and draw that many back. With 2 or 1 tools in hand it's worse than sophocles, with 3 its even if not better since discarding a tool is a more valuable action than drawing a card, and with 4+ its fantastic. We run 16 tools so hopefully the 4+ discard can happen occasionally, depending how well this does in practice I might increase the count to 4 at the cost of a sophocles or maybe even a dce

• Guzma: x2 because gotta have him. If you really need to pull a pokemon off the bench that cant be finished with wash rotom, you can easily retreat after using him into the rotom you want. Also nice if silvally gets stuck in the active and you dont have energy or floatstone on him. We only run 2 since this deck doesn't care too much about what pokemon it hits, since you're hitting for weakness and hopefully OHKO'ing anyway

• Ninja Boy: x1 because really fun tech for this deck but not something I think I'll ever need more than once. Let's you swap a rotom to get out your type null if you haven't already, and lets you put your lele back into the deck for a rotom. Also if you don't have all your rotoms down yet and need a specific one, you can swap 1 rotom to the other for a suprise attack. Fun ^_^

Tools

The tools you really have a lot of freedom on which ones to run and counts, I know I'll be changing this around a lot while testing, here's what I think will work so far though. I'm personally hoping they'll still release some rotom related tool in SM5 that will make these guys even better.

• Bursting Balloon: x4 since it's the only tool that can self discard itself right now. Really useful when stalling in the early game while trying to get rid of your tools, plop it on your active and your opponent will be hesitant to attack.

• Fighting Fury Belt: x3 since I think it's the best tool option for attack with rotoms, specifically electric type rotom. bumps damage to 130, rotate next turn into another rotom for 120 doing 250 for a clean two hit KO. The best part though is the 40 health is so nice for low health rotoms, the 90hp ones jump to 130 avoiding the magical 120 damage range that so many cards deal. the 70's jumping to 110 is less impressive but still doesn't hurt depending on the matchup.

• Float Stone: x3 for when silvally isn't out yet, and for attaching to silvally itself when it can't hit any relevant weakness in your matchup. Never hurts to have these but will probably get discarded anyway.

• Choice Band: x2 since fury belt is better, but these are still great in some matchups, especially when weakness brings the 30 damage to a whopping 60. Consider not tossing against things like golisopod.

• Fighting Memory: x2 fighting is better than psychic right now for type advantage. When more silvally memories are released it will definitely change this list, especially metal.

• Psychic Memory: x1 for certain scenario's it will be useful

• Poison Barb: x1 it's a bad version of bursting balloon, want to try it out for a little bit just in case, but its probably getting removed for something else. If it does, I think a tool count of 16 is still a good number for this deck so I'd always try to keep a number close to that when swapping around these tools.

• Double Colorless Energy: x4 so that our silvally-gx, type null and tapu lele have attack options, as well as (god forbid) fan rotom if you ever get to that point. Also used to cover retreat cost for all of our pokemon if needed. Can see this dropping to 3 count if it's dead weight in testing.

Thanks for reading through my wall of text if you did. Wanted to wait till frost and wash were released before I made a list, and now that they are here goes. I mainly wrote this for myself to get all my thoughts on the rotom archetype in writing, and thought I might as well share it here as well. Hope you guys enjoy my list, I'm really looking forward to playing around with these little rotoms and seeing what works best. ^_^

I like this version a lot better than @GekkisaiDaiNi'ss version hehe. Its obviously still a gimmick, but it will be really fun! Also, I love the idea of Silvally in the deck. Only thing I'd add is some Cythia and N.

I like this version a lot better than @GekkisaiDaiNi'ss version hehe. Its obviously still a gimmick, but it will be really fun! Also, I love the idea of Silvally in the deck. Only thing I'd add is some Cythia and N.

His version is good too, they are very different decks. Gourgeist just doesn't synergize nearly as well as silvally does with rotoms imo, and i also don't want to rely on evolving and finding dce to start discarding tools, would rather just do all that with supporters and items so I can get 9 tools in the discard in one or two turns.

My problem with Cynthia or N is they're both very passive draw supporters and don't help me get tools in the discard since they just shuffle them back into my deck. I could maybe see one or two N being included for late game disruption, other than that I much prefer to discard and draw at the same time.

only 1 lele? or do you only have 1?

And why psychics third eye?

Would rather save bench space for rotom's since I want as many options as possible for attacks, and I don't think there are any major supporters in this deck that you need to find every game, like how bridgette is for some decks. Also I think I have enough draw power in the deck that I don't have to worry about not hitting one. If anything I would up my draw supporters to 12 instead of 11 over putting in another lele. The only other thing that you could lele is guzma or ninja boy which are more situational cards.

As for psychics third eye I explain exactly why I think it is good in the card breakdown.

Last edited:
You should run 2 Lele so that when you need that emergency supporter you aren't screwed by your only Lele getting prized

Confusion with the list:
Gourgiests damage happens during the attack. You discard tools to do 40 more damage. Pychics third eye doesn’t increase damage.

You should run 2 Lele so that when you need that emergency supporter you aren't screwed by your only Lele getting prized

This is something I will need to check in actual testing instead of theorycrafting. I feel the times where I will desperately need a supporter and have lele prized and have an ultra ball in hand will happen so few times if ever at all, and the one game it does happen I don't think it will be that major deciding factor that loses me the game. That compared to have to deal with the annoyance of doubling my chance to start lele as my first pokemon, and having to cut out a useful resource to include it, makes me not think a second lele will benefit too much.

Duh, whoops
My Bad

What Mills said.

Don't know if you know Bella, but.. your list is on Youtube, and was picked up and tried out by Team Fish Knuckles!

Congrats!

(Link to the video)

Oh, cool! Looks like his experience has been similar to mine so far, out of 5 games I've only won 3 with this deck so far, biggest problems I ran into was running out of draw power and not getting the tools to discard fast enough.

I think I need to add 2 or 3 cynthia or N, and maybe increase the tool count by 2. Useless cards so far have been rescue stretcher, guzma, ninja boy, I'm thinking of cutting guzma entirely since we basically want to be using our supporter for draw every turn since guzma is pointless if we can't get our setup to begin with, and ninja boy was helpful once for when I had to start with lele but thats still not enough to justify keeping him. Rescue stretchers have basically never been used. And maybe field blower can go down to 3. That will give us 3 more draw supporters and 2 more tools.

General consensus is the deck is still very memey and not as consistent as a meta deck, but it was incredibly fun to play. Wish that youtuber had better luck with it but oh well.

Back