Ruling Rocket's Zapdos

Tomokazu Komiya

He's cool. Sorta.
http://www.pokemon-paradijs.com/ruilkaarten/ruilkaart.php?serie=gym-challenge&image=015.jpg
All right, what was it that made this card so deadly? Is it just the fact that it's a basic that can do 70 for only 30 recoil damage?

Tomokazu Komiya said:
http://www.pokemon-paradijs.com/ruilkaarten/ruilkaart.php?serie=gym-challenge&image=015.jpg
All right, what was it that made this card so deadly? Is it just the fact that it's a basic that can do 70 for only 30 recoil damage?

It resisted Hitmonchan, Tyrogue, and other quick hitting fightings, which most people saw in the early game as an attacker; this shut down that portion of the game. It was also a fast attacker that was almost immune to Energy Removal, as it could just get the energy back. It also allowed the user to use Super Energy Removal without getting behind on an energy attachment.
The 70 damage was also able to ko any Haymaker pokemon with a mere 30 damage to itself. and with metal is made it 60 and 10 to itself, which was also very good. The only other basic able to do at least 70 a hit was Chansey, which did 80 to itself.

??? Im confused, first of all, it is dark type not metal, secondly it does not have any resistance whatsoever, thirdly it does 60 damage not 70 with 30 recoil to any of your pokemon with 3 energy, fourth it has a weakness lightning, though it has a pokebody which is quite good. This card is not really very very good, but however it is quite good, the thing that i dont like about it is since it is just dark it is not good against water pokemon.

Ooops, sorry i was confused with the Rocket's Zapdos ex. Sorry, just forget about what i said. I can delete it if u want me to.

Rocket's Zapdos isnt good anymore. It used to be good in Unlimited around when Neo-etc was mainly played. It could take advantage of Metal Energy (since Metal energy then reduced damage on ANY pokemon, but non-metal types sacrificed 10 damage off each attack for each Metal), which is a reason it was played. Plasma made it very quick to attack with Electroburn, while Metal's reduced the damage, and Gold Berry existed in that day too. Resistance to Tyrogue was also a blessing.

Back