• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rlax (aka Quad Snorlax) -revisited

FearThePegasus

or PegFear for short.
Pokemon
  • 4 Snorlax (PLS 101)
  • 2 Genesect EX (PLB 11)
  • 2 Duskull (BC 61)
  • 2 Dusknoir (BC 63)

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 3 Skyla
  • 4 Shadow Triad
  • 3 Ghetsis
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 3 Enhanced Hammer
  • 3 Switch
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Heavy Ball

Energy
  • 4 Plasma Energy

Strategy
Use Snorlax's Ability to stop them from retreating, use Genesect EX as a catcher, and then use Dusknoir's Ability to make sure the active doesn't get KO'd.

You should consider scrapping the plasma energies and gensects for 4 escape ropes where you force your opponent to switch and you can switch into fresh snorlaxs. And you can add 2 catchers instead of the sects. Its just an idea

The thing with this deck is to get them stuck in a pokemon that won't die too fast and won't be a KO threat. the Genesect allows me to pick and choose which pokemon to lock in the active 100% of the time. usually they will burn through their switch cards early then I just wrangle up their bench sitters and start spreading the poison. With escape rope it makes it so they can choose a pokemon based on the fact they are going to be locked into the active spot

You absolutely need tool scrapper in this deck. If you come up against a Garbodor, you will lose the blocking power you want to have. Typically Garbodor tool of choice is float stone so it wont matter how many times you bring him up (If you can bring him up since it will disable Genesect Red Signal) when he can retreat next turn.

Make room for a Tool Scrapper or any deck with Garbodor will Automatically win.

Also with the crushing hammers being a coin flip, I dont know how good your deck will be with a Virizion Genesect Deck or a Big Basics with Virizion in it when Virizion can spread the grass energies around (And all you need is 1 to protect from status condition)

JungleBeatz said:
You absolutely need tool scrapper in this deck. If you come up against a Garbodor, you will lose the blocking power you want to have. Typically Garbodor tool of choice is float stone so it wont matter how many times you bring him up (If you can bring him up since it will disable Genesect Red Signal) when he can retreat next turn.

Make room for a Tool Scrapper or any deck with Garbodor will Automatically win.

Also with the crushing hammers being a coin flip, I dont know how good your deck will be with a Virizion Genesect Deck or a Big Basics with Virizion in it when Virizion can spread the grass energies around (And all you need is 1 to protect from status condition)

I completely agree with the tool scappers, this deck isn't exactly meant to counter every deck. there also isn't to much Virizion in my meta, mostly darkrai and darkrai and darkrai. I run 4 crushing hammers just to try and make the Virizion matchup a little better

Back