• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Ride the Lightning (Attempt at Tapu Koko)

FoolMeNever2

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 10
4 Tapu Koko GX GUR
1 Tapu Lele GX GUR
2 Raikou BKT
1 Voltorb ROS
1 Electrode EVO
1 Oranguru SUM

Trainers: 39
1 Skyla
1 Hala
1 Lillie
1 Hex Maniac
2 N
4 Professor Sycamore
2 Lysandre

3 Trainers' Mail
4 VS Seeker
1 Escape Rope
2 Float Stone
4 Ultra Ball
2 Max Potion
2 Fighting Fury Belt
3 Max Elixir
2 Aether Paradise Conservation Area
2 EXP Share
1 Super Rod
1 Rescue Stretcher

Energy: 11
11 Lightning

Strategy:

The primary strategy for this deck is to constantly cycle energy using Aero Stream and heal off any damage done to Tapu Koko using Max Potion.

Raikou is here as a backup attacker, plus it's an easy target to Aero Stream off of. Since he can sit in the active and have effectively 170 HP thanks to Shining Body and Aether Paradise, if it's not one-shotted, Tapu Koko can very easily swoop in. And of course, Electrode is here to provide an instant two electric energy at the cost of a prize card.

As a headsup, this is technically a budget deck in that I cannot afford Shaymins at the moment. At best, I might be able to borrow one from a friend for tournaments.

I like this deck but believe it'll be approximately 178493898493% better when Acerola is released. Until then I'd probably play it in Expanded with AZ, and maybe 1 more max potion. If you like the electrode consider running Ace Trainer and moving to a 2-2 line. I'd say don't even worry about the Shaymin, whether he is rotating or not I wouldn't throw money at him before Tapu Lele. Additionally if you have a Tapu Lele that is probably enough draw support for a deck like this that will become filled up with Tapu Koko's on the Bench.

I like this deck but believe it'll be approximately 178493898493% better when Acerola is released. Until then I'd probably play it in Expanded with AZ, and maybe 1 more max potion. If you like the electrode consider running Ace Trainer and moving to a 2-2 line. I'd say don't even worry about the Shaymin, whether he is rotating or not I wouldn't throw money at him before Tapu Lele. Additionally if you have a Tapu Lele that is probably enough draw support for a deck like this that will become filled up with Tapu Koko's on the Bench.

Ace Trainer actually isn't a bad idea. Any suggestions on what to take out?

Additionally, yeah, obviously in Expanded the deck list would look fairly different. I'd probably end up running Eels instead of Electrode, for example.

Ace Trainer actually isn't a bad idea. Any suggestions on what to take out?

Additionally, yeah, obviously in Expanded the deck list would look fairly different. I'd probably end up running Eels instead of Electrode, for example.
My suggestions:
-1 Lightning Energy
-1 Sycamore
-1 Escape Rope
-1 Oranguru (tough call here)
-1 Super Rod
+1 Tapu Koko (A tapu koko in the hand is worth 3 in the deck)
+1-1 Electrode
+2 Ace Trainer

Now super scoop up is being reprinsed in SM3 and Acerola should be in it too so you will have to make more changes then but I think this'll be good for the summer. Going to take some play testing to get it just right though, especially one the item line. Can you run Max elixirs without trainers mail? I don't know, that requires testing in each deck and adjusting to your play style.

My suggestions:
-1 Lightning Energy
-1 Sycamore
-1 Escape Rope
-1 Oranguru (tough call here)
-1 Super Rod
+1 Tapu Koko (A tapu koko in the hand is worth 3 in the deck)
+1-1 Electrode
+2 Ace Trainer

Now super scoop up is being reprinsed in SM3 and Acerola should be in it too so you will have to make more changes then but I think this'll be good for the summer. Going to take some play testing to get it just right though, especially one the item line. Can you run Max elixirs without trainers mail? I don't know, that requires testing in each deck and adjusting to your play style.

Oh yeah, once Blazing Shadows releases Acerola and SSU are going to be amazing for this deck. (Same with AZ in expanded)

Back