• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Revised Garchomp List

Rezolution

Professional Idiot
Hello, some of you may have seen a thread posted by me a while back regarding the new dragon Garchomp, and after some testing, I was going to ask for some advice from those with opinions and some other testing done, but here is my list.

4 Gible (The one with the free retreat)
2 Gabite
3 Garchomp ULP
1 Garchomp BPT
3 Riolu
2 Lucario
1 Alolan Vulpix
2 Tapu Lele

4 Cynthia
4 N
2 Guzma
2 Brigette
3 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
1 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 EXP Share
1 Escape Board
1 Choice Band
3 Devoured Field

1 Super Boost Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
5 Fighting Energy
1 Strong Energy

Explainations

Gible Choice: As I play one Vulpix in my list, we need a way to get out of the active, and with the ability, it increases the odds the vulpix can get into the active

Guzma: Yes, I understand that you cannot play two supporters in one trun, as we are not playing magnezone here, but Guzma is more consistant over counter catcher, as you may be even or up on prizes, and does not rely on a coin flip like pokemon catcher.

Side note, Anyone else here want a prism star card like the old Pokémon catcher without the flip, it would not be too expensive either as everybody only needs one. It would be played everywhere.

Escape Board: As none of my pokemon has more than a one retreat cost, having the option to get out of a random paralysis is nice.

Devoured Field over Choice Band: So one of the main issues I have found with the deck is that if you get behind on attachments you generally lose, but with EXP Share, it is a tool, and I have generally found there are not may matchups where you need to hit for more that 210, and that's why I play one copy of choice band, among other reasons, plus the stadium doubles as a way to take out Mount Coronet, as metal deluge is making a case for BDIF.

Breakpoint Garchomp, Strong Energy and Choice Band: So this mainly pairs with the Breakpoint Garchomp. With the strong energy the first attack hits for 80, which takes out Kirlias and other 80 HP, which is nice. Also, with the choice band it OHKO's a Zoroark GX, and even without the strong takes out the Breakthrough Zoroark, but with lucarion to search out the pieces, it is not as inconsistent as it might seem, plus it accelerates energy.

Super Boost Energy PIRSM STAR: Yes, you read correctly. For anyone reasonable enough not to know what it does, it is a colorless energy, but if attached to a stage 2, it is a rainbow energy, but if you have 3 Stage 2's in play, it is a Quad rainbow energy. It is a way to take crucial OHKO, and get back into the game, and with Lucario, it is not too hard to get 3 stage 2's into play.

So that's the deck, please let me know on your thoughts and yes, it is acceptable to yell at me in the comments for putting in super boost energy. Have a nice day.

Here's what I would tweak....

-1 Devoured field
-2 N
-1 Guzma
-1 DCE

+2 Sycamore
+2 pal pad
+1 field blower

Spamming 4 N I feel is unnecessary, as the real value is late game to put your opponent into a hole. Not to mention, there are numerous times your opponent has 0-2 cards early game, and u don't want to replenish their hand for them. This is why I say sub 2 N for 2 Syc

As for the others...your primary attacks in this deck all consists of mainly fighting energy. Except for LeLe, only garchomps CC move needs it, and you rarely use this anyways. U can afford to drop a DCE.

a pair of stadiums I've found will give you enough to hold them throughout the match...I know you want to use them to push out coronets, but we can use the extra field blower for those. We need the room for pal pad anyways! Pal pad works AMAZING with garchomp/lucario. U can pull 2 supporters from the discard to the deck (usually Cynthia +1 other) and use Lucario's ability to grab one right away!! this also lowers the amount of required supporters (hence the dropped guzma) as 2 pal pads are essentially 4 extra supporters during the game.

That being said...I like this list!

Last edited:
Hi Rezolution,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Escape Board (not really needed that bad in this deck)
- 1 Choice Band (hitting for 210 suffices in this format)
- 2 N (two should be sufficient)

+ 2 Pal Pad (you will need to recycle Cynthia in this deck real bad)
+ 2 Professor Sycamore (still nice draw supporter)

Like the choice of the free retreat Gible and the inclusion of EXP Share that is usually missing in a lot of list but turned out to be needed to stream Champion's Blade. I also like the inclusion of Super Boost Energy. While it might not work every game the deck is more than sufficiently consistent to run it in order to swing matches.

Hi Rezolution,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Escape Board (not really needed that bad in this deck)
- 1 Choice Band (hitting for 210 suffices in this format)
- 2 N (two should be sufficient)

+ 2 Pal Pad (you will need to recycle Cynthia in this deck real bad)
+ 2 Professor Sycamore (still nice draw supporter)

Like the choice of the free retreat Gible and the inclusion of EXP Share that is usually missing in a lot of list but turned out to be needed to stream Champion's Blade. I also like the inclusion of Super Boost Energy. While it might not work every game the deck is more than sufficiently consistent to run it in order to swing matches.
I still think Choice Band should be there because there are stage 2 GXs that exceed the 210 mark. A boosted Royal Blades can KO a Gardevoir with Choice Band or a Decidueye with Devoured Field + Choice Band.

I may have counted incorrectly, and I may be missing something obvious here, so be kind if it is my newbie ways, but I'm only counting 56 cards in the original decklist, not the required 60. May I please ask what the other 4 cards may be?
-GengarBreak

Forgot to add the Puzzle of Times, I am now realizing, so I play those as well. I feel like I should get that out there.

To address the replies.

Mario W: I see why you might want the pal pad, but it puts 2 supporters in deck, not hand. With puzzles, which I just remembered to post on here, you can get one Cynthia and something else you need, or just 2 Cynthia, and shuffle the other back it. With Lucario to pull out the right cards, it seems like this is the better option. Also with you sycamore addition, I find you do not want to be discarding stuff early on, so N serves a signifigant role, but I am going to take out one N and put in a sycamore for the early game when I don't need to save a third Riolu or a N. To address your field blower, what is there to field blower? Choice band, which does not affect garchomp, I want 3 devoured field in order too bump Mount Coronet and hit for 210 for Zoroark and Golisopod. I am not willing to argue the DCE, if one gets prized you have to hope you get lucky on location or have to rely on puzzles, something I am not willing to do, but you had some argument there I concede that. However I would think over a tournament setting it would show its flaws.

Dark Espeon: I address the Pal Pad and Sycamores earlier, but in terms of escape board I see the point. The only two reasons I would think to need it is for retreating the vulpix early game, but means it would not be knocked out, which typically does happen. The other reason is to retreat a Lucario or Lele late game, but typically they get knocked out if they get pulled up, so it is no use there. So I think I am going to cut it, but I don't know for what. The reason I play choice band is that with the BPT Garchomp, a strong energy of which I play 1 plus guzma hits for 220 on a Zoroark GX, or Silvally, or any other Fighting weak pokemon while accelerating energy. Plus depending on how well Leafeon/Decidueye does or if Gardivoir survives 230 is good to hit, however that remains to be seen if either of those 2 decks are any good. St. Louis won't be a good test but the next regional will be.

Speaking of the BPT Garchomp, I am not sure how much help it is. I have not seen much Zoroark of PTCGO and no one else plays it at my league. I just feel the meta will shift away from Zoroark, with metal box being able to consistently take OHKO's, and new one prize attackers coming out the don't get OHKOed by Zoroark leaves it's place in format in limbo IMO. I need to test against more Zoroark before I can made any conclusions, but I may consider switching to 4 Garchomp ULP and drop the strong. I have barely accelerated energy this entire time testing, plus if a ULP Chomp gets prized, you are in for a world of hurt.

So in conclusion here are the changes I am going to make and test

-1 Garchomp BPT
-1 Escape Board
-1 Strong Energy
-1 N

+1 Garchomp ULP
+1 Sycamore
+1 Ultra Ball (A tad more consistency would be appreciate IMO)
+1 Rare Candy (I have had a few (many) situations what I had chomp and no candy of vise versa, so having 4 may help IMO)

Thanks for all the advice, I will do some further testing and report back the results.

Hello, some of you may have seen a thread posted by me a while back regarding the new dragon Garchomp, and after some testing, I was going to ask for some advice from those with opinions and some other testing done, but here is my list.

4 Gible (The one with the free retreat)
2 Gabite
3 Garchomp ULP
1 Garchomp BPT
3 Riolu
2 Lucario
1 Alolan Vulpix
2 Tapu Lele

4 Cynthia
4 N
2 Guzma
2 Brigette
3 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
1 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 EXP Share
1 Escape Board
1 Choice Band
3 Devoured Field

1 Super Boost Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
5 Fighting Energy
1 Strong Energy

Explainations

Gible Choice: As I play one Vulpix in my list, we need a way to get out of the active, and with the ability, it increases the odds the vulpix can get into the active

Guzma: Yes, I understand that you cannot play two supporters in one trun, as we are not playing magnezone here, but Guzma is more consistant over counter catcher, as you may be even or up on prizes, and does not rely on a coin flip like pokemon catcher.

Side note, Anyone else here want a prism star card like the old Pokémon catcher without the flip, it would not be too expensive either as everybody only needs one. It would be played everywhere.

Escape Board: As none of my pokemon has more than a one retreat cost, having the option to get out of a random paralysis is nice.

Devoured Field over Choice Band: So one of the main issues I have found with the deck is that if you get behind on attachments you generally lose, but with EXP Share, it is a tool, and I have generally found there are not may matchups where you need to hit for more that 210, and that's why I play one copy of choice band, among other reasons, plus the stadium doubles as a way to take out Mount Coronet, as metal deluge is making a case for BDIF.

Breakpoint Garchomp, Strong Energy and Choice Band: So this mainly pairs with the Breakpoint Garchomp. With the strong energy the first attack hits for 80, which takes out Kirlias and other 80 HP, which is nice. Also, with the choice band it OHKO's a Zoroark GX, and even without the strong takes out the Breakthrough Zoroark, but with lucarion to search out the pieces, it is not as inconsistent as it might seem, plus it accelerates energy.

Super Boost Energy PIRSM STAR: Yes, you read correctly. For anyone reasonable enough not to know what it does, it is a colorless energy, but if attached to a stage 2, it is a rainbow energy, but if you have 3 Stage 2's in play, it is a Quad rainbow energy. It is a way to take crucial OHKO, and get back into the game, and with Lucario, it is not too hard to get 3 stage 2's into play.

So that's the deck, please let me know on your thoughts and yes, it is acceptable to yell at me in the comments for putting in super boost energy. Have a nice day.

From my experience this deck can be very easily played with 0-1 Tapu Lele GX. I mean I'm the one who only plays Cynthia as my only 4 of supporter and supporter in general sooo, my advice might not mean much.

I really like your list, especially the Super Boost. If you're looking for ways to buff consistency, I would at least try cutting Bridgette and Guzma and Lele, in place of more Lucario and Random Receiver (I find that it works well in this deck).
This is my list that I really enjoy, to give you some ideas for ways other people play and so you understand my suggestions.
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Gible UPR 97
* 2 Gabite UPR 98
* 4 Garchomp UPR 99
* 3 Gible BKP 68
* 3 Riolu UPR 66
* 3 Lucario UPR 67

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 3 Random Receiver FCO 109
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Escape Board UPR 122
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Counter Catcher CIN 91
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 N FCO 105
* 2 Devoured Field CIN 93
* 2 Exp. Share PRC 128

##Energy - 9

* 5 Fighting Energy GEN 80
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
I think the deck runs better without Lele, as Lucario can get out Cynthia and much more, it helps conserve bench space, and having no lele guarantees a six prize game for your opponent. Personally, I have never had a game where Guzma was worth using, so while Counter Catcher is less consistent, I just don't find Guzma as useful (plus if you get into a chicken situation, where you are playing chicken with your opponent, as long as you can set up 1 Garchomp and a Lucario, you can easily come out on top). I personally don't use Vulpix, but that's just personal preference, and I don't need Bridgette because I play Brooklet. Puzzle, especially with Lucario, is a must imo, but I do believe 1 copy of pal pad is nice. This is all just my experience and personal play style, so take it how you will. I hope that this helps, and that your list works well for you no matter what you end up doing with it!!:)

Back