Returning Player that needs an update

EastbayTrainer

Ill battle if you dance
Hello, Im kinda back again, thank you to the mod who reset my password =). So Im fairly lost on how to approach this game now, I was a player from... 06ish to 09, I played ONLY kingdra competitively ( I did have a side Blastcatty,GG plox and Magnevire deck back then ) Kingdra EX, and LA Kingdra turn one donkage, I stopped right before Kingdra prime came out or right around floatzel Lv X came out. I want to play this game again but I kinda need to know how the meta is. A few questions

Is there an engine say like Claydol or whatever the trainer was that had a + sign and if you used 2 you got to pick 2 cards from your deck?

How fast is the game now? Like is it Rare candy to checkmate fast or a couple turns of set up?

Are all the Rules still the same?

Has the game gotten cheaper/exspensive?

when did {DRG} GET THEIR OWN TYPE??? WOAH.

Any other Info I should know? I want to get back into this game BADLY, me and my friends used to dominate and come up with deck ideas before they hit the mainstream. So any help would be appreciated =)

The game is now all about big basics and how quickly you can power them up. Most of the big decks rely on supporters alone for draw.

Rare candy has been nerfed. Big Basics are the best thing to run. the game became pretty expensive with mewtwo ex, however there are decks that dont run them.

Your main "Top" Decks are

Zekrom / Eels
Mewtwo / Tornadus / Celebi
Durant (Mill deck)
and recently, someone has used a deck running only 4 Terrakion to do very well, which is no doubt going to open doors to more decks similar.

They are the main decks topping tournaments, with a few other decks popping up (Mew Prime tool box, Magnezone / eels)
I share your love for kingdra :) If you want to still use him you have a couple of options, but he's not as good as kingdra swarm days >_<
Kingdra / Cinccino would probably be your best bet :p You can run a Mewtwo EX to counter as you already run DCE e.t.c

Look in the deck garage to see what deck list's look like these days, there is the meta game deck center as a sub forum as well. And find the results for States which just took place, will let you have an idea what decks are placing where

I rather run meta for now lol. So whats a breakdown of the expensive cards Ill need and prices? I saw mewtwo ex for 50$ each ( which isnt that bad compared to yugioh tbh )Pokemon

EastbayTrainer said:
I rather run meta for now lol. So whats a breakdown of the expensive cards Ill need and prices? I saw mewtwo ex for 50$ each ( which isnt that bad compared to yugioh tbh )Pokemon

Zek Eels
2 Mewtwo EX
4 Pokemon catchers
1 - 2 Zekrom EX

Celebi Tornadus Mewtwo
2 Mewtwo
4 Celebi prime (the price is creeping up from what it used to be)
4 Tornadus (again not super expensive)

Everything else is pretty cheap imo, if you want the most cost effective deck most people will tell you to use durant.

Regarding rule changes, you can now play trainers and supporters on your first turn.

Back