Returning Player - Should I Play Yveltal EX?

Kajishu

Aspiring Trainer
hey all returning player here, been out of the game since flashfire released. I was playing a really fun yveltal ex, Aromatisse, Raichu build before I left and was looking to get into standard play. First off I have a decent set of trainers with
4 prof sycamore,
2 N,
2 Skyla
2 shauna,
4 ultra balls,
2 level balls,
and 4 fairy garden,
4 pal pad,
and plenty of common trainers like tier no, roller skates, ect,
I also have plenty of each energy including 4 rainbow energy, 4 double dragon energy and 4 double colorless energy.

After searching the internet I haven't quite found anything that catches my eye or that plays like Aromatisse did. I'm also on a budget of $20-$40 so some Pokemon/ trainers are out of my reach.
Are their any Pokemon that play like Aromatisse?
Can someone help me with either a skeleton list with open spots for me to fill in tech cards or with ones I have? Or better yet with a deck that has 2-3 yveltal ex in it that won't break the bank? I have also been playing around with a golurk and flareon jolt eon vaporeon deck to exploit weaknesses, I'd be willing to look at something like that as well. Anything that will help
Thanks in advance,

The tricky part is trying to squeeze a deck into your budget.
you can always try to proxy some of the cards you like/want and see how they work before you spend the $$.
good or bad, if you are trying to build a speed deck...
its very hard to compete w/o items like Max Elixir or VS seeker.
alternate is to go with a disruption denial deck.
double check your deck build also. some of the cards you listed are out of rotation.

A disruption denial deck is a deck that attempts to disrupt (mess with) your opponent's strategy, particularly by denying resources (such as Energy through Crushing Hammers and similar cards) or prizes (through healing or other defensive mechanics).

Would this be cards like Claydol or Espeon EX who devolve your opponents pokemon, Red Card, N, Head Ringer ect? or does it go further then that?

Those are all disruptive cards, yeah. Others would be Special Conditions like Asleep and cards that discard other cards, such as Crushing Hammer, Enhanced Hammer and Team Rocket's Handiwork. Cards that turn off other effects (Hex Maniac, Garbodor, Pokemon Ranger) all disrupt strategy. Cards that manipulate the game state (Lysandre, Captivating PokePuff, Target Whistle) are also disruptive.

you should also think about what your opponent might play to disrupt you and how you might counter.
what if they play carbink (with safeguard against EX).
what if they play vileplume (or Seismitoad) to shut down your ability to run trainers.
its fine if you like running a speed deck.
or counter energy decks (like Mewtwo or mirror Yveltal) that will use your energies against you.
sooner or later, you'll have to deal with rogue decks or disruption decks.
Team Flare Grunt. to dump your energy.
Delinquent, to dump your stadium and 3 cards from your hand.
and of course, cards that play to your weakness...

Back