ORAS Return of the Secret Base! New Features?

RE: Return of the Secret Base!

Teal said:
You EV train very well with what we currently have in 10 minutes and then you are like level 20-30. The real time consumer lies in leveling the Pokémon up to 50 for flat rules.
True, but Gen 6 wasn't too difficult thanks to the possibility of Audino+Chansey safaris, coupled with Exp o-powers (and plenty of generous strangers, at least in the first few months of X/Y, who would spam you with o-powers if requested in your shout-out). Using just such a safari I can reliably reach level 50 (from roughly level 10) in 6-10 minutes in most cases. Farmable Blissey would indeed make it even faster, but it's actually easy enough as it is (when you know what you're doing). Offering farmable pokemon (whether through Secret Bases or just level 50+ pokemon) before the E4 would take most of the remaining challenge out of the E4. I'm not saying such friend battles won't be available, but the more I see it discussed, the less I think it will be included (at least I doubt you will gain Exp from such battles). I do still think it would be nice to have in the game, however.

My favorite feature from r/s/e is back and my favorite decoration (the breakable door) is back aswell :D only thing left I need to make these games the best pokemon games ever is the battle frontier

Fairy Type Arceus said:
My favorite feature from r/s/e is back and my favorite decoration (the breakable door) is back aswell :D only thing left I need to make these games the best pokemon games ever is the battle frontier
thanks for telling me I just added it to the post

bennett999 said:
hears a list of the returning secretbase items from the new pictures
Breakable door
Cute TV
Red Plant
Pika Cushion
Tropical plant
Colorful plant
Tire
Brick desk
Pokémon desk
Slide
Ball poster
Snorlax doll
Thunder mat
Attract mat
Azurill doll
Blastoise doll
Charizard doll
Chikorita doll
Cyndaquil doll
Duskull doll
Kecleon doll
Gulpin doll
Mudkip doll
Wide table
Gts globe
Pichu doll
Seedot doll
Small desk
Swablu doll
Togepi doll
Torchic doll
Totodile doll
Treecko doll
Venusaur Doll
Wynaut doll
Blue poster
Red poster
Green poster
Cute poster
Long poster
Sky poster
Trash can
Small Chair
Ragged chair
Stand
Fence width
Heavy table
Red brick
Solid board
Yellow brick
Blue brick
Pika poster
Red tent
Fire blast mat
Glitter mat
Jump mat
Spin mat
Fence length
Gym statue
Pit tool

Besides of what you've said, going by the artwork, the Confort Chair, Smoochum poster and Azumarill cushion also make a return!

Leaf_Ranger said:
bennett999 said:
hears a list of the returning secretbase items from the new pictures
Breakable door
Cute TV
Red Plant
Pika Cushion
Tropical plant
Colorful plant
Tire
Brick desk
Pokémon desk
Slide
Ball poster
Snorlax doll
Thunder mat
Attract mat
Azurill doll
Blastoise doll
Charizard doll
Chikorita doll
Cyndaquil doll
Duskull doll
Kecleon doll
Gulpin doll
Mudkip doll
Wide table
Gts globe
Pichu doll
Seedot doll
Small desk
Swablu doll
Togepi doll
Torchic doll
Totodile doll
Treecko doll
Venusaur Doll
Wynaut doll
Blue poster
Red poster
Green poster
Cute poster
Long poster
Sky poster
Trash can
Small Chair
Ragged chair
Stand
Fence width
Heavy table
Red brick
Solid board
Yellow brick
Blue brick
Pika poster
Red tent
Fire blast mat
Glitter mat
Jump mat
Spin mat
Fence length
Gym statue
Pit tool

Besides of what you've said, going by the artwork, the Confort Chair, Smoochum poster and Azumarill cushion also make a return!
in the photos I was looking at I didn't see them, but I will add them to the list so thanks

I am so glad Secret Bases Return - and finally confirmed! I was leaping for joy! But I do wonder if you can set traps like in Diamond Pearl Platinum. Also, I like the way you can be your own Gym Leader, but I wonder how that will work.

HoOhLugia said:
Also, I like the way you can be your own Gym Leader
Wait... what? Where was this and how did I miss it? Or is it just more speculation?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. You can't really be a gym leader. The video says "FEEL like a gym leader" implying traps/mazes may be possible in Secret Bases

iSharingan said:
HoOhLugia said:
Also, I like the way you can be your own Gym Leader
Wait... what? Where was this and how did I miss it? Or is it just more speculation?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. You can't really be a gym leader. The video says "FEEL like a gym leader" implying traps/mazes may be possible in Secret Bases

Oh, then I must have heard it wrong. I thought it said you can be your own Gym leader. I wonder how that will work, though.
Can people only challenge you once you are actually in your base, or challenge you anytime? I'll be surprised to see that work with all that spotpass and streetpass around. Speaking of streetpass, finally added to the game! I don't recall streetpass being used in Pokemon X and Y, so I'll be happy to see that put in the Pokemon game.

HoOhLugia said:
iSharingan said:

Oh, then I must have heard it wrong. I thought it said you can be your own Gym leader. I wonder how that will work, though.
Can people only challenge you once you are actually in your base, or challenge you anytime? I'll be surprised to see that work with all that spotpass and streetpass around. Speaking of streetpass, finally added to the game! I don't recall streetpass being used in Pokemon X and Y, so I'll be happy to see that put in the Pokemon game.
Like I said: the video says "FEEL like a gym leader" and shows a player standing over a Pokegym-like maze in a secret base. There will most likely NOT be a system where the player becomes an actual gym leader (but I won't rule out casual passerby battles just yet)

Also, Streetpass IS in X/Y, but only as part of the holocaster which tells you how many other trainers you passed and gives ridiculously small awards of Pokemiles.

I hope they have water decorations like Amie for SSB. I love water decorations seeing I was born and raised on an island.

It would be awesome to have my own "gym". I'd make a puzzle with the arrow tiles for people to figure out how to find me/the flag if that's still possible.

What I REALLY want is a collection of (Mega) Charizard dolls all over my secret base. I'm looking forward to this a lot more after I saw some of the new features.

They added a new feature in it that was done before in the underground bases in Platinum (flag game) and I hope that they will also return some features from the Join Avenue. My favourite one would be being able to get your own machine that makes eggs hatch faster. You could have a shop for this in the Join Avenue, but having your own machine in your secret base would be even more amazing. It could have a required time to charge so it doesn't get abused too much. The instant egg hatches were my favourite part about the avenue.

Since they're a lot bigger there could be a little training place that you can use for EV training quickly as well.

I'm just happy that apparently we'll get new places to make secret bases, like the route between Verdanturf and Mauville. :D

[split] Possible Improvements for the PSS

I hope you can see a message if someone enter your secret base! So you can visit your own secret base too see other people in there. And mini-games in the secret bases what you can do with others. :D

So, from what I've read on another site, the Comfort table and chair, as well as the stone and log tables & chairs are only avilable with the flag's Bronze rank. It's pretty sad and lame to not only not seeing thematic sets (Grass, Water, etc.) but the items that were readily available to buy when reaching certain shop are now limited to capture a certain number of flags.

GF, once again you screw up and go a step backwards. :rolleyes:

Leaf_Ranger said:
So, from what I've read on another site, the Comfort table and chair, as well as the stone and log tables & chairs are only avilable with the flag's Bronze rank. It's pretty sad and lame to not only not seeing thematic sets (Grass, Water, etc.) but the items that were readily available to buy when reaching certain shop are now limited to capture a certain number of flags.

GF, once again you screw up and go a step backwards. :rolleyes:

I heard ya. I want thematic stuffs to go with the Gym type. Sure, there are stuff like dolls and mats, but obviously I want more. Also, I'm quite disappointed with the gym statue; I want different color gym statues. (I'm sure y'all know what I'm talking about since you went inside many different Gyms.)

Anyway, I hope they will DLC more SSB stuffs. >.>

Tidalpulse said:
(...)
Anyway, I hope they will DLC more SSB stuffs. >.>

I would find that worse, because that would most likely mean it was content cut from the game, one that doesn't have a habit (as GF/Nintendo) of using DLC.

Back