Rethinking curse gar part 2

Well i usually take electrode g from my hand on to the bench and put a energy on it and attack right away and if it was on the bench i doubt they would aim for electrode g any ways. And if they did have nidoqueen you just wouldnt use elecrode g's attack. You could have lunatone from sv and solrock from trimupant to stop that. Witch they can be a pretty go tech in curse gar.

well so far im playing my cursegar with 1 gengar prime, 1 lv x and 2 cursegar. I play it with 2-2 vileplume and 4 spiritombs as well as the other staples like uxie, azelf and unown q. I have a tech wall that works great against many decks, a 1-1 wailord tm line. All I do is shadow skip for 80 cuz I run 1 expert belt that I attach when it is necessary (just seeker my vileplume when he is heavily dmg cuz sometimes I send him up as a wall if there is no threat of ohko) and attach my belt. So with shadow skip I sendup wailord, then warp energy then seeker when it is needed to get the warp back and just do this all day, can also use gengar prime as a wall and a nice disruption tech to send to lost zone. Deck works pretty well, im 2-0 against 2 different gyarados list (1 list played dialga g x tech and the other had a ditto tech) and I am 1-0 against scizor prime-umbreon. Still have to do some more testings against sp decks and see how to play the matchup and if the strategy works.

Well i found another real good tech for curse gar it is giratina level x im useing the straff giratina with it. It can send stuff to the lost zone so this would be good with the card lost world if it comes out.

Wailord seems interesting... It seems like alot of work to set it up. I might test it out. You'll also need BTS for it to work, but you'll be running it with cursegar anyway.

I wouldn't consider Giratina Lv.X a "real good tech". I can see where one might use it for Invisible Tentacles for hand disruption. Darkness Lost requires 4 energy. 3 with DC, but you wouldn't run dc in cursegar. At least I wouldn't. It's a hefty cost.

Well it really isnt that much to set up... So far I played 5 games with it... 3 vs gyarados, 1 vs scizor prime with umbreon ud and 1 vs polyfamily rogue (poliwrath, politoed etc) and I managed to setup everything and win all of those games... even if I do give up a few prizes I can draw twins when I am lucky and when I get setup well there is not much that can stop it... might have trouble against luxchomp but well see since I still have vileplume and spiritomb

Yeah, Luxray with an e belt can ohko Wailord. Sable/Chenlock may possibly give wailord trouble if they initiative your warp energy away. You'll be stuck with Wailord as your active until another warp comes your way.

I play 4 seeker and 3 warp so far and I havent had trouble so far but might wanna add a 4th warp just in case... and btw I play vileplume so they wont belt luxray and I am the one who will use expert belt via vileplume when garchomp tries to snipe it ill just seeker it and attach my belt at that moment.

Unless the belt was already on the Luxray. I'm intrigued by the Wailord tech. I think I'm going to test it out myself.

luxray wont have a belt on it... first of all I have trainer lock so ill trainer lock him from t1 and if I cant do that if I have a bad start well why would he belt a luxray? he can't know im playing wailord... And if he does belt a luxray well ill do everything to kill it and send it to the lost zone before healing breath comes. All I need is shadow skip for 80, curse and gengar primes cursed drop for the lost zone.

It was just a what if scenario. Against Cursegar, I wouldn't see him belting the Luxray since it's not going to help him get the ohko.

Yup so i just played against luxchomp with a blaziken fb x in it and I won by 1 prize... well wailord wasnt that important compared to my matchups against decks like gyarados since he could bright look it away and dragon rush around it but what was key in this game was gengar prime, sending 2 luxray x with uxie lv x to the lost zone was just too good. Seeker was pretty good in this game, i seekered a 130 dmged cursegar x before he could get bench space for a second crobat g and I also seekered a heavily damaged gengar prime. At one point in the game it was 4-2 in prizes in his favor and he did a huge mistake that cost him the game, he luring flamed my wailord thinking he could snipe for the last prizes with garchomp but I had a warp energy in my hand so I warped him and cursed drop for a lost zoned luxray x and then he jet shooted my gengar prime so I just retreated for cursegar for the knockout since i had expert belt and basicly had the game from there. so yeah even if Wailord didnt act as a wall like he usually does, he made my opponent misplay to get me the win.

Back