Rethinking curse gar part 2

thepliskin5005

Aspiring Trainer
Now triumphant hase came out curse gar can have more techs and stuff to make setting up quicker. Curse gar can set up just as quick or quicker then vile gar if you know what your doing. You choose what techs you want to put in im not saying you hafe to have these techs in your deck. May i mention you should send up spiritomb a lot with curse gar to stop them from useing trainer cards.

Here are techs you can have with curse gar you can have four or less marrowaks and like two cubons in your deck and find a way to discard marrowaks and just keep sending up cubone with curse gar. Cubone's poke body it reduces damage to cubone by twenty for each marrowak in your discard pile.

You can have also have electrode prime and the card twins in your deck to help get energys on curse gar and find any two cards you want with twins.

Another tech you can put in cresslia darkri legend its moon invite attack is very good attack with curse gar you can move damage counters around any way you want with its first attack. And of course you can have gengar prime if you knock them out with the curse gengar you can send the up gengar prime and put them in the lost zone because of its pokebody.

You can also have the rising rivals jarachi when it is knoked out its pokemon power activates you serch your deck for any one card then put it in your hand. So when you use shadow skip you would send up jarachi instead of spiritomb.

Here are Other techs that i mentioned on a preaveus thread.

Electrode g is a good tech its first attack reckless bomb it does twenty to each of your oppoents bench then electrode g is knocked out then you can send up spiritomb as the active pokemon to trainer lock them also. The next turn you can send up gengar x and use compound pain to do thirty to all of there pokemon and you can use compound pain more than once.

For retreating you would have unkown q when attach to a pokemon retreat costs are reduced by one less. And there's dodrio its pokebody redcues retreat costs by two when dodrio's benched

There is also manetrick from platnium with its pokebody guards your benched pokemon from damage besides manetrick witch the curse gengar you pretty much always bring the curse gengar back to the bench. There is also glactic Hq stadium card when you evolve your pokemon from your hand they take two damage when you evolve with spritombs attack darkness grace that pokemon dosent take two damage.

I forgot to mention one of the tecks you can also have venomoth from triumphant. Its poke power you flip a coin if heads your oppoent's active pokemon is poison if tails your active pokemon is poison. You retreat every turn so it is alright when your pokemon is poison.

VileGar can set up between T2-T3, CurseGar usually sets up between T3-T4 (T4 normally) so which is faster? (assumning you're going with the regular CurseGar strategy and stalling with Tomb which manually charging Gengar AR)

Some of the techs you mention were pretty meh. The whole Cubone TR wall is a good idea but for it to be good you would need to have at least 3 Marowak in the discard pile meaning you would have to play a discard tech/supporters/trainers to get Marowaks into the discard pile and that requires a good deal of space. Can Cursegar sacrifice that much space for an effective Cubone tech?

The whole point of CurseGar was just to boomerang continuously to a wall after Gengar AR attacks, the spreading aspect is just a nice bonus so you shouldn't try to focus on it too much and just work on making CurseGar consistant and disruptive, with no effective sponge-like wall (Mr.mime MT was good) you're probably going to be switch to Spiritomb alot so you're going to want to hamper your opponents set-up as much as possible so a few Judge's wouldn't hurt.

Electrode Prime / G are very risky and somewhat Unnecessary techs as Cursegar shouldn't really be giving up many prizes especially in the early game stages (where Electrode G and Prime are most useful) where your set-up can be disrupted quite easily by a few decks. Plus remember, Electrode Prime makes you discard whatever wasn't an energy cards of your deck (essentially self-milling) and you might end up discarding resources that might of proven useful late game, plus giving up a prize for a chance of getiing a few energies attached on one turn (Cursegar runs between 12-14 energy) is a hit-or-miss. Electrode prime would work best in decks that play an above average amount of energy so that you're garanteed at least 2/3 energy from the power. It would be best to just focus on the main techs to make the deck as consitant as possibly.

Hello SPs! with all the Power Spray and Dialga G Lv.X. You sure will go far with Electrode Prime and G. You are not even doing a Spread deck, what use?

Look at Gyrados, A WHOLE DECK just made to get a strategy to discard 3 magicarps. Are you seriously going to put Cubone inside? How to retreat then? With Mr mime and Moon Light gone, Cursegar lost its power. I would play it in a Spread Deck because it can move damage counters.

CDL is in a Spread Gengar deck, alone with Solrock TR.

What are you going to take with final wish when your combo is finished? Spiritomb keeps the Trainer Lock.

A dodrio just for retreat? Check out Garchomp C and Crobat G, poke turn and Luxray GL.

x emoplieon i played aginst vile gar and it was turn four you forgot the point with electrode g you can win the game with one or two compound pains. And there is mister mime from sv you can have may i mention. And i know there is a bad part to electrode prime like i said you dont hafe to run it.

wang well all i can say is that you dont seem to understand curse gar well enough.

Mr Mime SV is a one turn card. That's IF they hit it for 70+ damage , then next turn it dies. Hardly a wall.

As for Electrode G, for it to be useful you would be to be able to Compound Pain right after you spread with it so your opponent will have little time to recover in which case it might take 2-3 turns to KO everything on your opponents field with Compound Pain which is ok but the strategy is very hard to pull off on SP decks so it only really works on stage 2/stage 1 decks that don't play SSU/Seekers. Electrode G is still a pretty questionable tech card, at most you should only play 1. but don't forget the other techs you must put into CurseGar, remember, K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid)

May i say two compound pains is eighty damage to every one and not saying there isnt damage counters out already. They may have garchomp c x already leveled up so i dont think that would be a problem and you can choose when to use electrode g attack so you would choose the best time. And yes of course only have one electrode g in there. Mister mime from sv is good with nidoqueen.

why not try out shedinja as a wall, umbreon as a tech, or even giratina lv x. If you want to make your cursegar really disruptive it could work. Scizor prime as a wall can also work or mewtwo lv x. Another one that could be really cool is wailord... the one with 180 HP. Just use wailor as your wall and warp energy him back then seeker or super scoop him up to get back the warp and put him back down with BTS and do it again. Not alot of pokemons will be able to ohko wailord and since you can always ssu or seeker him its a great option just play more ssu and seekers and u can also play junk arm to get back ssu idk... Uhmm what else... gengar prime ofc when you knock out with shadow skip.

Well in my deck i do have mewtwo level x and i wouldnt put wailord in there to hard to reterat. scizor prime might work as a good tech. Im just mentioning stuff people dont know about curse gar.

I was thinking haveing steelix sp and have poketruns in there.

Wailord is not hard to retreat at all... warp energy ssu or seeker him then just put him back down and you have your warp energy back into your hand to repeat.

why?? it's just like mr mime mt... mr mime needed moonlight stadium and mr mime. all we need is a warp energy and the 1-1 line of wailord... one card more. And all of this is searchable through twins, energy exchanger and stuff. But gotta admit that cursegar last format had claydol but I still think it could work. And its not affected by dgx like mime was.

what makes you think that wailord wont have an expert belt attached? And why lucario gl? wailord already has a x2 weakness... And I rarely see an sp deck playing with expert belt... and if they do attack with luxray gl well... bye bye luxray with the belt next turn with a curse and a flash bite

Even better! Forget Lucario!

If you rarely see an SP deck with Expert Belt then you are rarely seeing a good SP build. I run belt, everyone I know runs belt, and we all play SPs. That makes some ten people.

There is no way Curse Gengar is going to one shot a leveled up Luxray.

Five minutes though it wasn't leveled up and who's to say they have the X. Let's say you do though I could powerspray, I mean I'm not under trainer lock if I'm dealing with Cubones and Wailords and for the sake of arguing if they do have a spiritomb active I lose a Luxray and guess what, I have another one.

You can have hand controlle in a curse gar deck so you can one shout there luxray gl and they may not evan have power spray in hand.lookers investgation is good you can look at there hand and then you can use gengars prime first attack to send pokemon from there hand in to the lost zone.

So...you're going to run Gengar AR, Gengar Prime AND the level X? Meaning you can have a maximum of 2 Gengar ARs in your deck. And you'd better hope one of them (or the 1 Electrode G you're planning on having in your deck) isn't prized, or one CurseGar KO will likely cost you the game. Sounds like the consistency of this deck is absolutely shot.

Back