Ruling Reshizard GX vs Jolteon GX

Ardma-Rohar

Once upon a time, I was a Snorlax.
Hi all

I have a ruling question regarding Reshizard's GX attack vs Jolteon's GX attack. Say Jolteon used its GX, preventing damage done to itself etc, would Reshizard's additional effect of the GX attack go through that? Or would it still be prevent via Jolteon's GX attack?

I assumed it would still prevent the damage, but I could be wrong, so thought it best I check.

Cheers.

remember to post the card text so it easier for people to answer these questions.

anyway jolteon gx attack puts on effect on itself to prevent effects and damage done to itself next turn.
reshizard gx attack if you have the extra effect says it ignores effects on the opponents active.

so reshizard gx gets to ignore the effect jolteon put on itself last turn and deals its damage.

theres likely a newer compendium ruling on this but this should still apply
Q. Player A attacks and flips a heads for "Agility". Then Player B uses Machamp's "Brick Smash" attack; would this ignore Agility?
A. In this case, Agility would be considered an "effect on the Defending Pokémon" and therefore Brick Smash would be able to overcome Agility. (Feb 17, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

remember to post the card text so it easier for people to answer these questions.

anyway jolteon gx attack puts on effect on itself to prevent effects and damage done to itself next turn.
reshizard gx attack if you have the extra effect says it ignores effects on the opponents active.

so reshizard gx gets to ignore the effect jolteon put on itself last turn and deals its damage.

theres likely a newer compendium ruling on this but this should still apply

Of course, it was wrong to presume everyone knows what the card text states. But thank you for your response, it clears up my issue.

Back