Reshiram EX/Ho-Oh EX build?

shockwaveops

Aspiring Trainer
Just got some of the tins with Reshiram EX in it. Would these two pair up good or is a bad idea. I only have 2 Rayquaza EX right now. Not for sure if it would be better to wait and build a Rayqauza deck when the new tins come out.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Trying to build a few good deck for my kids and I to enjoy playing at Pokemon League. Thanks

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
They definitely will not pair up well together. One requires Fire Energy, one requires as many types of Energy as you can possibly cram into a deck. Even though Ho-Oh is a Fire type, you'll notice its attack doesn't directly require Fire Energy. Reshiram-EX is best paired with Emboar and Victini since they make it easier to charge Reshiram-EX and minimize the card's drawbacks. But that won't make it a very good deck.

shockwaveops

Aspiring Trainer
Celebi23 said:
They definitely will not pair up well together. One requires Fire Energy, one requires as many types of Energy as you can possibly cram into a deck. Even though Ho-Oh is a Fire type, you'll notice its attack doesn't directly require Fire Energy. Reshiram-EX is best paired with Emboar and Victini since they make it easier to charge Reshiram-EX and minimize the card's drawbacks. But that won't make it a very good deck.

Ok. I had a feeling but I wanted to ask. Thanks

ussgordoncaptain

Aspiring Trainer
shockwaveops said:
Just got some of the tins with Reshiram EX in it. Would these two pair up good or is a bad idea. I only have 2 Rayquaza EX right now. Not for sure if it would be better to wait and build a Rayqauza deck when the new tins come out.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Trying to build a few good deck for my kids and I to enjoy playing at Pokemon League. Thanks

While Reshiram EX seemed good at first as a tech in the Darkrai/Hydregion matchup and the Garchomp/Altaria matchup, now I know better (played Ho-oh since Playtcg had scans available.) basically Shiny rayquaza is strictly better than Reshiram. However mewtwo EX is available as a tin and that works well in ho-oh, also Terrakion NVI and Darkrai EX do as well.

Try mewtwo EX/Darkrai EX as well since those are available as tin promos(just add a sigilyph counter I like Tornadus EPO) your kids would have a blast playing that deck since it while simple has a lot of cool trainer cards.

shockwaveops

Aspiring Trainer
Very coool. We just went to our first Pokemon League yesterday and we were pretty excited. Im been trying to build there decks a little better. Thanks for the info.