• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ReshiPhlosion (Reshiram/Typhlosion)

MDL

Formerly Roronoa Zoro
This is my ReshiPhlosion deck. I want some opinions and suggestions. I'm open to all suggestioons!

Pokémon (18):
4 Reshiram BW
3 Typhlosion Prime HGSS
2 Quilava HS-49
3 Cyndaquil HS-61
2 Ninetails HGSS
2 Vulpix CL-49
1 Cleffa CL
1 Tyrogue

T/S/S:
4 Pokémon Collector
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokémon Communication
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Professor Juniper
3 Eviolite
2 Revives
4 Junk Arm
2 Pokémon Catcher
3 Plus Power

Energy:
12 Fire Energy

Strategy:
Get a Reshiram charged with a Typhlosiona and a Ninetails Set-Up ASAP. Then start hitting for 120 all the turns constantly. With Eviolite you don't take the 10 damage of Typhlosion After-Burner Poké-Power. Meanwhile, build 2 more Typhlosions on the bench. After that, just use Plus Power to 1HKO some higher HP Pokémon, Catcher to take some easy and important prizes and take 6 Prizes before your opponent does it.

-1 Cyndaquil

+1 Sage's Training

This is a very minor change, but you can take out a Cyndaquil because of the fact that you run 3 Typhlosion. With 4 collectors and 3 Communication, you should be able to get set up rather fast. I think you should add a Sage's Training because it lets you pick 2 of the first 5 cards of your deck and add them to your hand, then discard the others. It allows you to get fire's in the discard pile and gives you a choice of what cards you want to get.

-1 Cyndaquill
+1 Catcher

I don't really know why you have the extra cyndaquill, and adding another catcher could help with consistency. Otherwise it's a great list, hope I helped.

-1 Cyndaquil
-1 PONT
-1 Fire Energy

+2 Professor Juniper
+1 Sage's Training

You need better draw support and Professor Juniper actually helps the deck when you discard - feeding your junk arms later and putting energy in discard to use with afterburner.

Adding another Catcher is a good choice as well and you might even be able to drop another fire energy to do so.

Eviolite wouldn't stop the damage from Typhlosion. Afterburner places a damage counter while Eviolite stops damage.

Ah my fault on that, didn't realized the diference between damage counters and damage. Thanks for that. As for the extra Cyndaquil it's there because it can get 1HKO by Yanmega/Kingdra and Zekrom or Donphan with Catcher. I have to test it. And I prefer to not discard my hand just because I have to get Fire Energys on the discard pile. I would rather use Ninetails and Junk Arm for that. Also, does anyone feel like I should include 2 or 3 Defenders? What do you guys think?

Um, Eviolite is better than defender as it stays attached. Am I wrong on that? I would use the eviolite to keep Cyndaquil from getting one shotted by Donphan or Yanmega. Then use another one on Reshiram - to prevent a OHKO, not to prevent the afterburner damage.

Try Juniper out before you dismiss it. I used to think like you and when I tried it, it worked much better than I thought. Shuffling your hand back into the deck (with PONT or Copycat) means you may redraw the same useless cards that turn. Use it with discretion obviously - if you have more than three cards then probably not, but if you are down to 3 or less I would definitely give it strong consideration of using it if it is in my hand. Just try it out in play tests.

Hmm... Ok I'll add 2 Junipers since I do think it would be a nice addition to the deck. I was talking about Defenders AND Eviolite but I don't like it. Also, I'm a bit reluctant in taking my 4th Cyndaquil out, since it could be KO'ed and I like to having at least 2 Typhlosions in the field. Decklist updated. Also, should I put Revive instead of Rescue? It's reusable with Junk Arm and would solve my Tepig problem, so I'll put Revives. Decklist updated.

Edit: I'm in a dilema. 3 PONT and 2 Junipers or 3 Junipers and 2 PONT? I can't find anything to take out to add 1 more Juniper or PONT.

I would go with 3 PONT and 2 Juniper. Eviolite is a great card! It is like adding 20hp to your Reshiram! Now it is way harder to one shot it. It stays attached for later too if he survives. I am definitely putting it in my Typhlosion deck when it comes out. I am also thinking it would be great to place on Vulpix or Cyndaquil to keep them from getting one shotted by the stage 1 Pokemon likely to be attacking in T2 (If they use reversal/catcher to drag it up). If they can survive until T3 then you are most likely going to be getting Typhlosion and Ninetales out by then.

Yes and with Revive if something goes wrong you can always get them back. Thanks for the help your suggestions were really helpful!

You are making good arguments for Revive, however, if the Cyndaquil gets dragged up and KOed, and you use Revive, you are still set back a turn. If it can survive with the Eviolite then you can still evolve it the next turn. Also, if the opponent sees an Eviolite on Cyndaquil, they are going to think twice about dragging it up now.

I might try out a Revive in my Typhlosion deck, it does work nicely with Junk Arm and since Eviolite isn't out yet, it is a good counter to Pokemon Reversal.

Umm correct me if im wrong but i think eviolite only works on basic pokemon..it doesn't work against donphan, yanmega etc.
It does say:
Any damage received by the Basic Pokemon that this card is attached to is reduced by 20. Also it would say this pokemon tool has to be attached to a basic pokemon or else it can't be attached. So i guess it only works on zekrom and reshi etc..
So if thats true then -3 eviolite +3 Rocky Helmet. I think rocky helmet is alot better cuz typhlosion is pretty hard to one shot and reshi
Also you can one shot anyone and don't really need the plus power.

We are talking about Cyndaquil (that it's a basic Pokémon and the basic of Typhlosion line). So it does get the minus 20 damage cause of Eviolite.

I want to fit 2 Switches in the deck. What should I take out? And is it needed?

Rocky Helmet is nice and all but Eviolite is way better in this deck - Reshiram is your main attacker and is a basic. Cyndaquil and Vulpix are basics and with low HP so they need the protection from Eviolite for a turn or two until they are evolved (then Eviolite is discarded I know) but I think it is worth it. Eviolite is a counter to Pokemon Catcher in a way.

Yes I agree with Chad the DragonLord. Eviolite it's like a counter that makes the opponent think better before they Catcher our basic.

"With Eviolite you don't take the 10 damage of Typhlosion After-Burner Poké-Power"

I know it's been answered already, but you place a damage counter, not dealing damage.
Secondly, the translation hasn't been released, but even if it were damage, it still wouldn't prevent it...

If it was damage I think it would prevent it, because it says that reduces in 20 ALL the damage done to the pokémon.

If Eviolite prevents afterburner damage then it is even better (But I highly doubt that will be the ruling on it). It is still a great card even without that ruling.

Yes, it will be awesome. That way ReshiPhlosion will become even better then it alreaady is without Eviolite!

Back