• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Reshiphlosion. (Reshiram/Typhlosion Prime)

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
As many of you may (or may not) know, I'm trying to get back into the competitive world of the Pokemon TCG. This is my first go at Reshiphlosion, so criticism is welcome.

Pokemon: 20
4x Reshiram BW
4-2-3 Typhlosion Prime GS (Cyndaquil and Quilava are from GS)
2-2 Ninetales GS (Vulpix GS)
1x Cleffa CL
1-1 Zoroark BW (Zorua BW)

Energy: 13
13x Fire Energy

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium: 27
4x Pokemon Collector GS
4x Pokemon Communication GS
3x Sage's Training CL
2x Professor Oak's New Theory CL
4x Junk Arm TR
3x Pokemon Catcher EP
3x Rare Candy UL
2x Switch GS
2x PlusPower BW

Strategy: It's your standard Reshiphlosion with some techs. Start Reshi, and get out your Typhlo Primes as quickly as you can. Spam Blue Flare, while recycling the Fire Energy discarded with the Typhlosion Prime. Zoroark is in this deck to copy your opponent's Bolt Strike or Blue Flare, when you can't really afford losing a Reshi. Cleffa's for bad starts. DCE's thrown in this deck to abuse Outrage and Foul Play if need be. My T/S/S line is where I need the most help. I rely on Communication and Collector for my Pokemon, and jack up the Junk Arm and Catcher count to get cheap KOs. PlusPower snags me the KOs on Zekrom and Beartic. Switch gets me out of the Beartic-Lock.

I think that's everything. I'm also considering a Simisear BW tech, to KO any Zekrom or Gothitelle that get to survive Blue Flare and escape to the Bench. This is when I'm Trainer-Locked or don't have PlusPower.

Help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

RE: Reshiphlosion.

-1 junk arm
+1 sage's/pont

-1 catcher/switch
+1 collector

-2 rescue
+2 rainbow
(-dce +fire is also an option)

Also, what division is this for? I can't tell because it's not in the title. :p

Masters. (Shouldn't advice be the same for all age groups? You no longer need to state the division of your deck. Check the rules.)

Why the Energy swap? I don't get it.

Sorry, didn't see an update on the rules. (Which I personally thought was a silly rule anyway.)

The reason for the energy swap: you hardly ever go through 4 typhlosion, nor need more than 3 out at a time. Rainbow provides outrage control, allowance for techs, and reduces the urgency for pp in many situations. Rainbow also helps the goth matchup. (Mad kinesis for 90, then you can afterburner once and attach rainbow for a ko.) It sounds crazy, but happens more often than not.

Hm. OK, I like the sound of it. In theory, sounds like a solid plan.

What's your take (or anyone's) on throwing in a Kingdra Prime? Or the Simisear?

EspeonROX said:
Hm. OK, I like the sound of it. In theory, sounds like a solid plan.

What's your take (or anyone's) on throwing in a Kingdra Prime? Or the Simisear?

Kingdra Prime

I'm not really sure what is so good about this card. It's another Stage 2 that could weigh the deck down. It is good against Donphan Prime, but that's about the only good thing I can see that it has going for it. if you play against another Tyram/Reshiboar deck, the damage you deal with it is cut down by 1/3.

Simisear

I like the idea of the Simisear in the deck. The only thing I'd be worried about is the 90HP of it. Pansear is nice since it lets you draw a card while you wait for Simisear to evolve into and helps thin the deck out. However, 70 damage for {R}{C}{C} and having to discard an energy can be either good or bad. I know I bad-talked the card, but it'd be a good idea to playtest against a Water deck and then playtest against another meta deck that would be more of a challenge for it.

Hope all this helps and good luck.

Also, how well does the Zoroark work in the deck? I've thought of trying it in my deck with the Rainbow Energy, but haven't been able to.

1. You don't need Rescue Energy. If you run 4 Reshiram and 4 Typhlosion that's enough attackers to use. You don't really need to recycle them. The DCE is useful for Zoroark, but then again you could attach with Typhlosion too. Full fire energy is best for reliable Ninetales draw.
2. You need 4 Comm/4 Collector otherwise you are not going to get your engine out consistently. For that, cut a Catcher (3 is enough, they are often dead draw in the set-up), and a Typhlosion Prime (seriously, you won't run out of them).

So:

-1 DCE
-1 Rescue
-1 Rainbow
-1 Typhlosion
-1 Catcher
+3 Fire
+1 Communication
+1 Collector

Thanks petertclo. I forgot that Afterburner can work on Zoroark too. :p

DMGFan: I have not playtested (nor built) this deck yet. -__- I'm going to check Kingdra Prime/Simisear/Zoroark before I actually decide running it. Kingdra Prime really helps out against the Zekrom and Gothitelle match-up, because it snags the extra ten damage needed to hit the 130.

I think you should replace Zoroark for Emboar#19 it's a great tech I run and it completely wrecks Gothitelle decks, but needs DCE to work effectively.

-1-1 Zoroark
+1-0-1 Emboar #19

Why would he need Emboar, it would only serve to slow down the deck. If he's worried about Gothitelle match-up I'd recommend Blackbelt, since one it doesn't require Rare Candy (which would make it useless once Gothi got set-up anyway) and it's a bit more versatile

However I do suggest taking out Zoroark for more supporter like PONT, or some support Trainers like Revive or Energy Retrieval or more Plus Power.

Mew, ha, I was thinking Black Belt also! Problem: I'm going to be faster than that deck, and you need to down in Prizes to abuse Black Belt. So...I'd have to wait for my opponent to catch up.

Back