• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Reshiboar (Reshiram Emboar/RDL) Nationals!! PLEASE HELP

Emperor_Gaius

Formerly mlouden03
Ok..standard Reshiboar list, I think, let me know of any fixes I should make

Pokemon: 19

3 Reshiram
2-1-2 Emboar ability (blister-bw 17-bw) Should I buy blister tepigs or not?
2-2 Ninetales
1-1 RDL
1 Shuckle
2 cleffa
1 Tyrogue

Trainers/supporters/Stadiums: 25

4 Energy Retrieval
2 Fisherman
1 Flowershop
4 Junk Arm
3 collector
4 communication
2 Prof Juniper
2 PONT
2 Rare candy
2 SSU

Energy: 16

14 Fire
2 electric

The strategy is to Use emboar ability to spam energy onto Reshiram/RDL and then to use Fisherman etc to get the energy back.

RE: Reshiboar (Reshiram Emboar/RDL) Nationals!! PLEASE HELP

-1 shuckle
-2 twins

+2 energy retrieval
+1 PONT

I realize that shuckle is for draw, but think about it, room on your bench vs. supporter. When i made this i put one shuckle. Twins IMO is bad for this deck because on turn one you can have a fully powered reshiram, + 2 retrieval because after your two fisherman you really only have flowershop and after that you don't have anything to get energies back, and the turn after a blue flare you can hit for 120 again with just a trainer. i hope i helped.

I run a very similar deck to you and I also used fisherman when I first made the deck. I found its performance lackluster so I replaced them with 2 more energy retrieval. the deck is working much better now.

0 fisherman but 4 retrievals? I'll think about it. I'll test it tonight with the 2-2 it has now.

Its up to u buddy. good luck.

What in the blue hell is that one electric energy for? o_O Drop it and add another Reshiram. I'd probably also rock Revives or Rescue energy instead of FSL.

I think it's for that 1-1 RDL line.

You know, otherwise, it can't attack? :F

dmaster out.

Magnevire said:
What in the blue heck is that one electric energy for?

Dmaster is right lolz. honestly I'm trying to fit in a second one in case one is prized. Also I had 2 revives but took it out for 2 more fire energy

I would
- 2 Interviewers
- 1 Shuckle
- 2 SSU
- 1 Fire Energy

If you're drawing cards with Ninetails you don't need to use your supporter looking for energies, you should be either drawing them or drawing cards to get them from your discard. A single Shuckle and the SSU needed to get the energies back could be better used to get everything else set up.

I would add:
+ 1 Energy Retrieval
+ 2 Junk Arm
+ 2 Rescue Energy
+ 1 Lightning Energy

You need Retrievals and Junk Arms to get as many energies that you'll be discarding back. Rescues to get the Reshirams back and a Lightning in case the other one is prized.

I would take out the seekers before SSU as I can heal Reshiram Active with SSU and then replay the energies. Also if you check my list I only have 1 shuckle right now not two

you know what louden I Mistook fisherman for good rod. I apologize. Im actually going to find some room for one in my deck now lol. I still think you should find room for (at least) one more energy retrieval though regardless.

I'll probably do a variation of SMP's suggestion and test it out tonight on skype

I never liked Burned Tower because of the flippiness. I would forget that and focus on setting up fast. I run 4 Dual Ball/Collector, 4 Rare Candy, and 4 Pokemon Communication. That way you have a 75% chance of setting up T2 and a 99% chance of setting up T3. Also, your deck seems to lack Junk Arm. Junk Arm is essential to recover Retrievals and other helpful cards, and I believe you need 2 Cleffa if you need hand refresh. May I suggest:

- 3 Pokemon Collector
- 2 Professor Elm's Training Method(with 4 Communication, this just takes up space)
- 1 PONT(with 2 Juniper, 2 PONT is enough)
- 2 SSU(again, with 2 Seeker this isn't needed)
- 5 Fire Energy(with all of the recovery you run, 16 is too much; I suggest less energy and more recovery)

+ 2 Rare Candy
+ 4 Dual Ball/Pokemon Collector
+ 4 Junk Arm
+ 2 Cleffa CoL
+ 1 Electric Energy(incase one is prized)

You should probably find room for 2 Rescue Energy or 2 Revive, but that's up to you. Good luck in the future with this deck and hope this advice helped!

I already have 3 collector lol and I would prolly take seekers out before ssu. I'm having dinner then i'll test a variatiton of smp's to start

-1 Pignite (since you have 2 rare candies)
+1 Tyrogue (could possibly donk turn 1 if your opponent starts with a lone cleffa)

Otherwise it's a pretty solid list

mlouden03 said:
Did thanks. anything else?

Maybe -2 Juniper
+2 Engineer's Adjustments

Seeing how you could get the energy back with retrieval or fisherman, and you don't have to discard your hand.

- 2 Fire Energy
+2 Rescue Energy

If your reshiram gets ko'd, this helps getting them back

Back