Reprints in the Next Set

uriel serjohn m. casal

Aspiring Trainer
well im looking forward for the next set XY11, we all know that furious fist and below expansions will be rotated out is it true that these cards will get a reprint?

1. Seismitoad EX
2. Shaymin EX
3. Octillery

thanks for the answer

All 3 of those cards were released in Japan as part of the Premium Champion Set in April. There has been no word yet as to whether these cards will be also be rereleased in English or not, but you can bet that PokéBeach will report about it as soon as we know. :)

Releasing that set is going to be like casting the current meta in amber. its like a print out of the communities nightmares :p

for me the release of this set will be epic and is needed, why? there are overpowered regular pokemons like haxorus, garchomp and greninja that can handle pokemon EXES well so this set will balance the meta at least on my point of view

While Shaymin-EX should get a reprint from a level playing field standpoint, it shouldn't get one that would give it a new set number, and thus keep it around even longer. Maybe we could get a Battle Arena deck that includes it. But "reprint every vaguely relevant card in the format" the set is not a good idea, and would damage the game if it were released. It would basically make the next like 2 rotations completely meaningless.

They might as well not rotate instead of making that set, because at least then the cool niche cards that are still gonna rotate stop about if the overused meta ones everyone's tired of seeing are too.

I'm confusd isn't shaymin in roaring skies wouldn't it not be rotated out and if it really is phantom forces on that means another battle compressor and night march format am I wrong

I'm confusd isn't shaymin in roaring skies wouldn't it not be rotated out and if it really is phantom forces on that means another battle compressor and night march format am I wrong
Shaymin is not heing rotated for at least another year. The issue is availability. Most decks can't run without at least 2 and they currently go for $50-$60 USD which is I believe the highest any card has ever been worth from a competitive point of view. Having Shaymin reprinted or made available through a tin or battle arena deck would drop the prices significantly and make them affordable for the majority of players.

i dont think that phantom forces would be rotated out. why? because it has the majority of the staples and rotating it out will kill nightmarch totally

Killing major decks of the format is why rotations exist. If all the good decks stayed in the format, it would become stale. (This is a rather simplistic description of this, since things like Expanded might hint otherwise, but you get the point.)

Also, what staples does Phantom Forces have that would actually leave the format? AZ, Xerosic and Head Ringer are the closest I can think of, and I think the format can survive just fine without them. (Though keeping AZ would be nice.) Well, OK, there is Battle Compressor, but I honestly feel like that is one of the cards pre-Roaring Skies that absolutely needs to be rotated out. Aside from that, we only lose deck-specific things like Dimension Valley, Manectric EX, etc., and a couple of tech cards like Target Whistle.

Ideally, I'd want the format to rotate out Roaring Skies as well. That would significantly slow down the format, which I feel is pretty necessary right now. Though, that being said, even if it is Primal Clash-on, we do lose Battle Compressor and Night March, which would go a long way towards that. The only problem with losing Roaring Skies (aside from the rotation being 6 sets instead of the typical 4) is the loss of VS Seeker.

I've collected cards since about the Rising Rivals set, and know that there are some good cards out there that would really mess with the metagame today. So the question is, what cards would you all like to see reprinted from the old sets (Anything rotated out of Expanded)? What cards out there do you think would mesh well with the cards in the distant past that should see a return?

I, for one, would like to see reprints of Machamp, Turtwig, and Leafeon from Rising Rivals. They would really change the metagame and steer it away from the EX-driven format.

People are thinking ahead.

There certainly have been reprints that did not extend the Standard Format lifespan of a card, but there have been four expansions released since XY: Roaring Skies (five if we counted Generations but that wasn't part of the usual release cycle). Four sets is usually about a year's worth, so if a Shaymin-EX reprint shows up in our next set, decent odds it survives a rotation that would hit the original.

Anyway while I'm here:

there are overpowered regular pokemons like haxorus, garchomp and greninja that can handle pokemon EXES well so this set will balance the meta at least on my point of view

Two wrongs don't make a right; the format isn't balanced when two overly powerful cards exist and can duke it out. Also out of the three you list, the only current example would be Greninja as part of Greninja BREAK decks.

I've collected cards since about the Rising Rivals set, and know that there are some good cards out there that would really mess with the metagame today. So the question is, what cards would you all like to see reprinted from the old sets (Anything rotated out of Expanded)? What cards out there do you think would mesh well with the cards in the distant past that should see a return?

I, for one, would like to see reprints of Machamp, Turtwig, and Leafeon from Rising Rivals. They would really change the metagame and steer it away from the EX-driven format.

I don't know if it counts since it is still technically in standard, but I would like Blacksmith to be reprinted so I can use it in my Flareon EX deck that I'm trying to put together. I fear it will get booted out before I ever get a chance to finish this deck and play my first-ever match. It looks like one of the most important cards in this deck, too, and it's about to get shoved back into expanded. I'm just getting into the game and it seems a lot of the cards I like are being rotated out. :(

I'm just getting into the game and it seems a lot of the cards I like are being rotated out. :(

When someone is getting into the game, I warn them they have a choice:

1) Go all out and invest heavily to build your competitive card pool right now.

2) Ease into it, focusing on later.

Rotation typically happens after World Championships, not before, so if you're a real budget player and its going to take you another three or four months to complete your deck, taking the second route would have been better for you because most of what you're going to want to build now, you won't be able to assemble it in time.

If you're just worrying because so many people are obsessed with rotation... stop. There is a portion of the online Pokémon TCG that obsesses with rotation all the time. It gets announced a month or three before it happens and some prefer to "play ahead" to the next format, but in general you should have opportunities to enjoy something you build even in these last three to four months before the Standard Format actually rotates out its older sets. For players that aren't heading to major, end-of-format tournaments, it can be easy to fixate on what is coming as opposed to what is here. ;)

2) Ease into it, focusing on later.
That's the plan. I can't afford cards at the moment, so I'm just planning a deck to use maybe later this year. I expect I won't even have a deck done before the next rotation, though. So I'm hesitant to buy things such as Blacksmith. i don't really want to play seriously, I just want to attend an event or two for the experience, and hopefully win maybe once or twice.

I am only buying cheap cards, though. In my flareon deck the most expensive thing would be the vs seekers. And I'm still pretty mad that an uncommon trainer card goes for that much. Gotta do this cheaply or not at all, because I can't afford stuff like shaymin...

That's the plan. I can't afford cards at the moment, so I'm just planning a deck to use maybe later this year. I expect I won't even have a deck done before the next rotation, though. So I'm hesitant to buy things such as Blacksmith. i don't really want to play seriously, I just want to attend an event or two for the experience, and hopefully win maybe once or twice.

I am only buying cheap cards, though. In my flareon deck the most expensive thing would be the vs seekers. And I'm still pretty mad that an uncommon trainer card goes for that much. Gotta do this cheaply or not at all, because I can't afford stuff like shaymin...
Here's just my 2 cents: Have you ever thought of playing Delphox BREAK with Flareon? Last time I checked ebay, the breaks were going for about 3.50 USD, including shipping. And the most expensive card IS VS Seeker, so it should be a powerful, easy build, if done correctly.

And as for the rotation, I feel as though we DO need a PRC-on rotation, because Toad, Night March, and Trevenant are basically the format. And the BIGGEST problem with the whole game is Shaymin. Being the most expensive metagame card in the format, people do want this thing to get reprinted to make it cheaper. But what problems would that solve? Think about the game without Shaymin at all, then think about it in the game for another couple years. It is the whole reason that the format went stale. And, with all three of the cards that I listed using Shaymin as their main draw power, AND them getting rotated without the Japanese set, the metagame would feel a lot newer, and more creative. I was originally hoping for the reprint set for the sake of FA Shaymin's price going to FA N high, but the more I think about it, the more I hope it doesn't happen. The game needs to get rid of Shaymin, so decks can get their OWN draw power. The game needs to get rid of Night March, so you don't have to use Giratina just to beat it. The game needs to get rid of Toad, so we don't have to waste deck space, just to deal with this nightmare. And Trevenant is just there to beat the other mentioned cards, but oh, we get item locked too. At least when these cards came out, we had other (now) expanded stuff to at least balance out the format, but since we don't the TCG has gotten more or less, boring. The only thing to keep me entertained is trying to playtest for more consistency with the exact cards I'm sick of. I literally have all the my least favorite decks built. Why? Because the TCG is so stale, the metagame basically chooses what you play, at least if you want to win, or it's at least that way in Standard. I rest my case.

i think its not the fault of tpci having these cards, for me at least people are more focused on the meta instead of being creative with their own. thats my opinion. it became stale because of people using the cards.

Here's just my 2 cents: Have you ever thought of playing Delphox BREAK with Flareon? Last time I checked ebay, the breaks were going for about 3.50 USD, including shipping. And the most expensive card IS VS Seeker, so it should be a powerful, easy build, if done correctly.

And as for the rotation, I feel as though we DO need a PRC-on rotation, because Toad, Night March, and Trevenant are basically the format. And the BIGGEST problem with the whole game is Shaymin. Being the most expensive metagame card in the format, people do want this thing to get reprinted to make it cheaper. But what problems would that solve? Think about the game without Shaymin at all, then think about it in the game for another couple years. It is the whole reason that the format went stale. And, with all three of the cards that I listed using Shaymin as their main draw power, AND them getting rotated without the Japanese set, the metagame would feel a lot newer, and more creative. I was originally hoping for the reprint set for the sake of FA Shaymin's price going to FA N high, but the more I think about it, the more I hope it doesn't happen. The game needs to get rid of Shaymin, so decks can get their OWN draw power. The game needs to get rid of Night March, so you don't have to use Giratina just to beat it. The game needs to get rid of Toad, so we don't have to waste deck space, just to deal with this nightmare. And Trevenant is just there to beat the other mentioned cards, but oh, we get item locked too. At least when these cards came out, we had other (now) expanded stuff to at least balance out the format, but since we don't the TCG has gotten more or less, boring. The only thing to keep me entertained is trying to playtest for more consistency with the exact cards I'm sick of. I literally have all the my least favorite decks built. Why? Because the TCG is so stale, the metagame basically chooses what you play, at least if you want to win, or it's at least that way in Standard. I rest my case.
1. What draw power besides supporters then? Don't think about Octillery lol that's for decks who need to refill their hand every turn ie. Greninja. And it's kind of nostalgic to use Shaymin because we used Uxie in 2009-2010.

2. Toad is so easy to beat. And I play Toad a lot.

3. I only agree with NM.

Back