Event [Report] Colombian TCG Special Event (TO Point of View)

Yoan Sanchhez

Aspiring Trainer
Hello there. As the Tournament Organizer, I wish to post you here a small report of the TCG Special Championship we had here in Colombia; on March 31.

You can check the link in Pokémon here.
You can check the information gateway here.

First, look at the weird Latin American Pokémon Card Scenery: We have 4 countries which are very known by either their Players, Organizers, or by its events: Mexico, Argentina, Brazil and Chile.

Brazil has a quite big schedule of Pokémon Card events, as well you can find Regionals there; plus the Latin America International Championship is held there by second time in a row. You can also find Portuguese cards there. It's also home of Copag, the co-organizer for LATAM International Championship.

Mexico has the advantage of being the US' south neighbor, players can go there and return quite easy. Ignoring Mexico is geographically located in North America, the local players are qualifying for the Latin America rating zone.

Argentina is the home of the current World Champion (Masters Division); Diego Cassiraga, and due that, their events has been increased in quantity as well as quality.

Chile is the fourth country of the "Big 4". It's one of the oldest countries with Pokémon Card presence, and their events has been in a nice amount.

Outside those countries, the event scenery is mostly filled of VG events; and the TCG presence is limited to League Challenges and League Cups; and of course, Pre-Releases. That was, until the Special Championships for TCG got approved. That changed the event scenery for good.

It was a thrilling experience for me as the TO. Players from other countries came (Ecuador, Brazil and USA). Ok, back to business.

We got 34 players: 28 Masters, 4 Seniors and 1 Junior. System gives 5 rounds to play, plus top cut for Master Division. 60-minutes round (Best of 3)

After the 5th Swiss Round, things was like this:
y4m9DbBbNxwD9JZh-Tw1k5L_bCdIAt6pCLzPJg25pP-j1rQhEe_ORytl9PwF3QtSzMoCpXEATiYuWxeXmSnr7_Ltz3Wchl50_nzL1Aj3VnY0eq8BtnN37VNhNtGr4OhTbNGH67hGeoFqxnOSf33S4mbRvZNtx0EilcX3l4Tv-vZxg-hzJLcY_BkKX6MhgxhaT8aj-Yc8JZ6OWKJRzeL-b_H8Q

As you can see, you can find some things. In the Top 8, there are 2 Ecuadorian players, 1 US player; and 5 Colombian players.
Take note, this screenshot is done post-event.

After a small break, the Top 8 was running, and ended quite late.
y4mFtP2Rg64SE-6VVlI45sjPKnMf7GKDr8EkLM-C4Rz2LbMJTq4F4Frm_pVrdpf3VFMINmNZBhZfsGUFxBiuNJqWP92i6eD93ZKoTGIb3bqFnxGOcqMntzS5ZbYfhl1IKiAaqb7oTS-9EscKQJJO4CEPBSilFbuyqshTGqSc-JGPvQm6b4OwzRZ6jhaA94XAyDYFJrzBKTcN5mkM7fNod8v3g

After 3 whole hours and the Top 8, Caleb Gedemer got the victory in the Special Championship, and got 200 extra points to his CP ranking. Plus, an invite to the POKEX Special Tournament in Cancun, Mexico.

You can see some pictures of the event here, on my Facebook Profile.

I'm glad most all players enjoyed the Special Event.
Feel free to comment and say anything. I'll be glad to answer your enquiries.
I'll upload the top 4 Deck Lists later on my usual blog. (I'll update this post to add that link).

Back