BW/BW2 Religion in Pokemon B&W

Ventus

Aspiring Trainer
I have seen the prescence of Confuciansm in the game, the whole Yin and Yang thing. Maybe more aspects of the game could be based on this religion aswell, what do you think?

I believe Nintendo wants to stay away from religious beliefs in Pokemon games as far as I'm concerned. Have you seen the hundreds of thousands of anti-Pokemon articles out there? Coincidentally, the authors are always overly-religious people, who find any way they can to bash the franchise.

Haha Confucianism is a following of the set of ethical standards developed by Confucius the Chinese philosopher during the Han Dynasty (c. 500 BC) based around family and social relationships, justice, and kindness.

i'm a geek and i know it

Anyway I think Yin and Yang is a universally understood concept that will not be related to Confucianism in the game.

swimfastray said:
based around family and social relationships, justice, and kindness.

i'm a geek and i know it

Which is probably why overly religious people will hate it, because there's no "based around GOD".

The ability to shoot lightning and breathe fire doesn't help in their eyes I'm sure.

Majora_787 said:
I know. :D

But it's fun to be involved anyway, and make fun of ridiculous overkilling people.

Haha. Whatever you say.

Also to note something. Taoism isn't so much a religion as it is a belief-system/way of living. They don't praise a god or anything. It is about balance and following the right path. Just thought I would share my knowledge...

Stephen said:
Haha. Whatever you say.

Also to note something. Taoism isn't so much a religion as it is a belief-system/way of living. They don't praise a god or anything. It is about balance and following the right path. Just thought I would share my knowledge...

THAT however, I always forget. =P I'll admit that. But I really did know it was taoist. :D

Confucianism is influenced heavily by Taoism. Compassion, moderation, and humilty are the basic principles of both philosophies.

swimfastray said:
Confucianism is influenced heavily by Taoism. Compassion, moderation, and humilty are the basic principles of both philosophies.

While this is true, I have never seen the Yin-Yang associated with it.

Yin and Yang is associated with Confucianism because Confucians believe that one can control the integrated energy of Yin and Yang within one's self through Tai Chi. They believe the ultimate source of all energy and knowledge is called Tao, which is a continuum without boundaries in time and space, infinite, formless, and luminous. The idea of Tao is the main aspect of Taoism. Tao is simply all energy that flows through the universe and beyond.

swimfastray said:
Yin and Yang is associated with Confucianism because Confucians believe that one can control the integrated energy of Yin and Yang within one's self through Tai Chi. They believe the ultimate source of all energy and knowledge is called Tao, which is a continuum without boundaries in time and space, infinite, formless, and luminous.

I see. Well thank you for further educating me.

Your welcome, but I guess I just spammed all over this thread. . .

kudos to wikipedia :p

swimfastray said:
Your welcome, but I guess I just spammed all over this thread. . .

kudos to wikipedia :p

Rofl. Wikipedia... xD When in doubt, copypasta!

Anyway, to bed with me. I wanna wake up tomorrow, look up stuff, then watch the press conference.

Majora_787 said:

Anyway, to bed with me. I wanna wake up tomorrow, look up stuff, then watch the press conference.

Alright man. Sleep well. And dream about Crocodune. Hahahaha

Majora_787 said:

You made laugh while I was drinking Pepsi , now meh nose burns! :(

Pokemon never puts religion in their games. Sure, Arceus was the "God pokemon", but that barely touched on religion. If pokemon got religous, there would be so many complaints.

Skylands said:
I believe Nintendo wants to stay away from religious beliefs in Pokemon games as far as I'm concerned. Have you seen the hundreds of thousands of anti-Pokemon articles out there? Coincidentally, the authors are always overly-religious people, who find any way they can to bash the franchise.

there is a church in D/P/Pt though.

Yin-Yang is a theory not a religion, So the chances of their being anything religion involved is very slim and by slim I mean it's not going to happen.

Back