Relicanth in Mew varitants

thepliskin5005

Aspiring Trainer
Im aware that people don't play Relicanth in Mew varitants because of its high retreat cost. Well when i saw this stadium card skyarrow bridge i thought to my self it would be much better to run Relicanth in Mew varitants because of this stadium card.

http://pokebeach.com/scans/call-of-legends/69-relicanth.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/triumphant/97-mew.jpg

Skyarrow Bridge – Trainer’s Stadium

Each player’s Basic Pokemon has its retreat cost lowered by 1 Energy.

You can only play 1 Stadium next to your Active Pokemon during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name comes into play, discard this card.

Well, the thing about using Relicanth is that you have to sacrifice deck space for it and the stadium you suggested, AND even if you retreat, you have a bench sitter that's a free snipe or catcher material.

thepliskin5005 said:
Well it will just take up one bench space and you can use relicanth's frist attack more than one time.
Or you could just continue with a Mew to See Off rather than worrying about having to deal with dead Relicanths in your hand. Not to mention even if you start out with Reli, you might not have the Pokemon you want to send to the Lost Zone in your hand.

Well if you continued to see off with Mew it will just be knocked out soon. You can draw cards with Relicanth while putting a pokemon in the lost zone and i would rather see a Relicanth in the discard pile rather than a Mew in the discard pile.

I don't see why everybody here dislikes Relicanth, it is an excellent card in Mewbox. I personally wouldn't waste my time with this Stadium card, but I would suggest playing Relicanth in Mewbox anyways, because it is a three card draw whenever you need it, an easy way to lost zone Pokémon, and makes it so you don't have to have your Mews killed after using See Off. You generally leave Relicanth in you active until it dies, then Twins, or until you can attach another energy and retreat.

I like Reli in decks running DCE and Mew but no Psychic. But I don't like it in straight Mewbox. You only need to See Off once with a good version of that deck.

\i would rather use smeargle with the stadium getting the supporter and not wasting your attack just seems better.

It's a viable card. I've seen people who run it with DCE, Zoroark, Buffalant. It's not a trash card for Mewbox in the slightest bit.

If your playing alot of Pokemon search cards that can reliably get you what you want to LZ, then it's decent, but usually Mew is just better for the LZing.

Back