• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Regigigas

Supa_Hot_Fire

Hoping for Shedinja Break...
This is my first post and this deck is incomplete, so I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to post it here, but here goes:

Pokemon 5+
  • 4 Regigigas
  • 1 Mewtwo EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums 23+
  • 3 Aspertia City Gym
  • 2 Pokemon Center Lady
  • 2 N
  • 2 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Jamming Net
  • 2 Skyla
  • 4 Eviolite
  • 1 Gold Potion
Energy 9+
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 5 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

The idea of this deck (totally non-competitive, just for fun) is to use Regigigas's daunt combined with Eviolite and Jamming Net to deal 80 damage every turn and take 80 less damage from EX Pokemon. Aspertia City Gym brings Regigigas up to 150 HP so it survives longer with the assistance of the Gold Potion and Pokemon Center Ladies. The Mewtwo EX is for emergencies, i.e. a fast starting Yveltal EX. I tried adding other cards, like Raichu (XY), but that just made the deck clunky and inconsistent. I can't seem to reach the required 60 cards without rendering the deck totally unplayable. Also, I feel my supporter numbers aren't quite right. If anyone could suggest cards to add/cut (and move this to the right forum if it's in the wrong one) that would be great.

I'm just curious on how slow of a setup this is. It looks like a cool deck, but because of the high energy costs and low damage output, it's hard to win with this deck.

The reason why the deck feels clunky is because you only have 5 Pokemon cards, all of which are basic and are very simple to set up.

Most decks will run 10 or more Pokemon, but if you want to follow your strategy, that's not really an option.

Pokemon I could suggest are Garbodor LTR, by adding in a couple of Hard Charms (that outclass Eviolite, by the way). This would shut down some abilities at least.

Ultimately though, this isn't a competitive deck and with only 5 Basics, I'd be super worried about League Play as well. All I need is some bad turns of draw and I end up with no Pokemon in my bench and a damaged Regi.

Thanks for the feedback. This kind of deck makes me wish there was a 30 card deck format... I think I'll just trash the idea though and work more on my viable decks like fairy and Garchomp/Altaria.

Back