Ruling Regigigas LV.X question

gecko764

YES!!
i've heard many people say that you can end the effect on giga blaster:
"regigigas can't use giga blaster on your next turn." by using palkia x's poke power.
How does that work?
And is there any other way to do it other than palkia x?

thanks in advance to anyone posting and obey the forum rules :D

It does state "Regigigas can't use Giga Blaster on your next turn." I doubt Palkia lv.X's Power ends that effect, but if you had two Regigigas lv.Xs on the field, then you could just switch up the benched one and use Giga Blaster.

It's because Regigigas doesn't have a thing called "card memory"

If you switch it out, then switch it back in again it forgets it used Giga Blaster last turn and you can use it again this turn.

Switch, Warp Point, Palkia Lv X are some of the cards that are used to abuse Regigigas' attack

>_> I'm bad at explaining things...

Card Memory is a term used to mean when a card remembers something it's done before. Generally, most cards don't have Card Memory but some do.

Spiritomb is an example of Card Memory, because it says you can't use more than one "Curse Breath" Poke Power during the turn. This means even if you whisk it away to your hand and then play it on the bench, the card remembers that Curse Breath has been played already, so its Poke Power won't activate.

However, with Regigigas, it forgets that it used Giga Blaster last turn if you switch it out. Don't ask me why, it just does <_<

Ill clear things up.

When you use Spiritomb's Poke Power, Curse Breath, it states that you cannot use more than one Curse Breath Poke Power per turn. It's not really "card" memory, per say. It's more like GAME memory.

Regigigas Lv X's attack Giga Blaster states that you cannot use this attack next turn, which then becomes an effect on Regigigas Lv X. Now in order to understand why Palkia Lv X's Poke Power allows you to use Giga Blaster over and over again, you need to understand a little about Effects.

All effects or an attack, be it a status condition like Poison or Asleep, or a effect like Giga Blaster (where you can't use Giga Blaster next turn) are REMOVED as soon as the Pokemon goes to the bench. That means if your Pokemon is asleep and you use switch then your Pokemon that was asleep is no longer asleep. The same goes for if you have a Regigigas Lv X and used Giga Blaster last turn, then used a Switch and a retreat and got the Regigigas Lv X back out. This doesn't only apply for Regigigas Lv X but also for Pokemon like Uxie Lv X's Zen Blade and other similiar attacks.

Now what Palkia Lv X does is that it's power let's you choose one of your opponent's benched Pokemon to switch with his/her active while he/she get's to switch your active with one of your Bench. Heres the Scenario:

Turn A, You use Giga Blaster and now because of the effect of the attack, you can't use Giga Blaster during your next turn.
Your Opponent takes his/her turn.
Turn B, You now use Palkia Lv X, choosing one of your opponent's pokemon while your opponent switches your Regigigas Lv X with one of your Benched Pokemon, therefore REMOVING the effect of Giga Blaster. Then you either retreat or use a Switch and bring out the Regigigas Lv X and you can now use Giga Blaster AGAIN because your Regigigas Lv X was sent to the Bench.

I hope this cleared things up about your question.

It works for ALL attacks that say "you cannot use this attack next turn".

ALL effects of an attack are removed when you bring your active pokemon to the bench.

Back