What tech in this deck idea?

• Gardevoir NXD

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Leavanny NV

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

TheEpicBidoof

Aspiring Trainer
Okay so i recently attended a Boundaries Croosed Prerelease and managed to pull a decent amount of trainers from my six packs before the mini tournament with one being aspertia city gym
when looking at it you can instantly tell its a stadium
what it does is
Each {C} Pokemon in play (both yours and your opponent's) gets +20hp
and instantly i thought 'hey wait a minute regigigas ex teamed up with this stadium + either eviolite (reduces damage by 20 hp) or giant cape (gives the pokemon it is attached to +20hp) could make regigigas into one massive tank
so far i have thought of running a quad regigigas deck
with either

Leavanny from Noble Victories which makes any pokemon with energy attached have no weakness and adding some other ex's to the deck
or
gardevoir to make each psychic energy attached to a pokemon count as 2 instead of 1 giving you a turn 2 raging hammer/giga power if opponents pokemon is not set up to help set up raging hammer for a bigger hit

im happy for any sort of opinion as it is just a idea for a deck and i would just like to see what others can come up with and if possible a skeleton list xD

First off, Giant Cape AND Eviolite. Why? Because both have their uses. If you're playing against a deck that hits heavy, then go with Eviolite, to fend it off. On the other hand, if they can't get set up, or aren't hitting to 2HKO you then you get the extra damage for Raging Hammer. I tried to go for an example, but it ended up being really silly. So, no example for you. =P

Second, have you considered Emboar? I personally see it as superior to Gardevoir and Leavanny, simply because you can get a Regigigas EX powered up in one turn (considering you have an Emboar, mind you…). Cilan for three energy and you have the first attack ready to go. With Gardevoir, it'd take a max of two turns to set you up. So, run Cilan and Emboar and plenty of Switch. (Do you question the ability of a Stage 2 engine in this format? LOOK AT DARKRAI/HYDREIGON)

However, I do question this deck for other reasons. Regigigas can't 1HKO EXes unless it's incredibly close to death itself. I wouldn't justify using the Stage 2 engine (you can't afford more than 1 Stage 2 engine) slot with something that cancels weakness, and Terrakion kills this deck. Sure, you can't be 1HKO'ed, but it'd pretty much be a prize trade. It's unfortunate that with these EXes there's little room for new decks. Just the other day I wanted to run Bellossom/Jellicent, but it just doesn't work with all the 180 HP and WAITWHATHOWMUCHDAMAGEDIDYOUSAY basics running around. Try it sure, and prove me wrong. Heck, I'd like to see this deck working, but I just see it as a prize trade, and with the Slow Start seewhatIdidthere that Regigigas is begging for with a Stage 2 Engine and 4 energy cost, it's likely to come out under.

Heck, go for it though, if you've got time. Every deck starts out an underdog.

Gardevoir only affects psychics so that's out. Leavanny is only ok.
Here are some combos that i think could work though:
-Blastoise/Cresselia/Regigigas tank
-Regigigas as a tech in Eels
-Playing a deck with EXP Shares, Mewtwo, and Terrakion using Gigas as a tech
Here's a skeleton for the Leavanny list if you're interested.
3 Regigigas EX
3-1-3 Leavanny
4 DCE
7 Grass
4 Eviolite
10 Draw Supporters
3 Aspertia City Gym
4 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
4 Catcher
3 Switch

First of all, Gardevoir's ability only works for Psychic type pokemon.
If you want to play a Regigigas deck go with something like this:
3-Regigigas EX
2-Mewtwo EX
2-Darkrai EX
3-Terrakion
2-Sableye
-12 pokemon-

3-Juniper
4-N
4-Bianca
3-Ultra Ball
3-Random Reciever
2-Crushing Hammer
2-Energy Switch
3-Dark Patch
1-Computer Search
2-Asperita City Gym
4-Eviolite
2-Giant Cape
-33 T/S/S-

4-DCE
6-Dark Energy
5-Fighting Energy
-15 energy-

Regigigas really doesn't need energy excelleration because it can abuse DCE, and then why not use Mewtwo, who can also abuse DCE? Darkrai gives Regi and Terrakion free retreat, allowing them to move to wherever they need to be.
I'll do some testing and post later with a better list though.

Decmaster said:
First off, Giant Cape AND Eviolite. Why? Because both have their uses. If you're playing against a deck that hits heavy, then go with Eviolite, to fend it off. On the other hand, if they can't get set up, or aren't hitting to 2HKO you then you get the extra damage for Raging Hammer. I tried to go for an example, but it ended up being really silly. So, no example for you. =P

Second, have you considered Emboar? I personally see it as superior to Gardevoir and Leavanny, simply because you can get a Regigigas EX powered up in one turn (considering you have an Emboar, mind you…). Cilan for three energy and you have the first attack ready to go. With Gardevoir, it'd take a max of two turns to set you up. So, run Cilan and Emboar and plenty of Switch. (Do you question the ability of a Stage 2 engine in this format? LOOK AT DARKRAI/HYDREIGON)

However, I do question this deck for other reasons. Regigigas can't 1HKO EXes unless it's incredibly close to death itself. I wouldn't justify using the Stage 2 engine (you can't afford more than 1 Stage 2 engine) slot with something that cancels weakness, and Terrakion kills this deck. Sure, you can't be 1HKO'ed, but it'd pretty much be a prize trade. It's unfortunate that with these EXes there's little room for new decks. Just the other day I wanted to run Bellossom/Jellicent, but it just doesn't work with all the 180 HP and WAITWHATHOWMUCHDAMAGEDIDYOUSAY basics running around. Try it sure, and prove me wrong. Heck, I'd like to see this deck working, but I just see it as a prize trade, and with the Slow Start seewhatIdidthere that Regigigas is begging for with a Stage 2 Engine and 4 energy cost, it's likely to come out under.

ah okay i completely forgot about emboar xD and cilan coz i was recently trying out cilan in mewtwo terrakion with terrakion ex's pump up smash
but yeah ive got the right amount of emboar but im going to try and get my hands on a play set of regigigas when i get my hands on some money and ill take gardevoir out of the question and also thanks to the other 2 people who mentioned about gardevoir xD
i completely forgot its only for psychic types >_<
but yeah id also like to team up regigigas with black kyurem ex with crystal wall and leavanny
imagine having a active regigigas and 2 benched with 220 hp and 2 black kyurem ex with 300 hp and a leavanny benched giving all of them no weakness xD

and about the giant cape and eviolite i didnt mean them both in the same deck but as the 2 possible tools to fit in with regigigas xD
but im gonna have to say eviolite would be best

And don't forget that Crystal Wall can only be attached to Black Kyurem EX.

This deck will have issues because of Landorus EX's sound impact on the metagame already. However, you need to be running 4 DCE in this deck. Regigigas needs the speed, and this is vital. Eviolite is also a must, but if I were you, consider even some Super Scoop Up. I like KoN's idea with Darkrai, but Emboar/Blastoise are nice choices because you can SSU your damaged Gigas and charge him up again. Just a few thoughts.

Serperior said:
And don't forget that Crystal Wall can only be attached to Black Kyurem EX.

This deck will have issues because of Landorus EX's sound impact on the metagame already. However, you need to be running 4 DCE in this deck. Regigigas needs the speed, and this is vital. Eviolite is also a must, but if I were you, consider even some Super Scoop Up. I like KoN's idea with Darkrai, but Emboar/Blastoise are nice choices because you can SSU your damaged Gigas and charge him up again. Just a few thoughts.

yeah dude i know
what i said was adding bk ex into it as a extra wall with no weakness xD
and yeah i would deffinetly run the blastoise/emboar xD

Regigigas/Tornadus EX? Both love the gym and Eviolite, both love DCE, and Tornadus EX covers Regigigas's weakness and goes off T1 a lot.

Zarco said:
Regigigas/Tornadus EX? Both love the gym and Eviolite, both love DCE, and Tornadus EX covers Regigigas's weakness and goes off T1 a lot.

aha yeah dude i tried out emboar and normal tornadus as i havent managed to grab myself any regigigas ex/tornadus ex copys yet but
it still did quite well hit for t1 80 and it turned out to be quite a good deck especially with tornadus with 150hp xD

Decmaster said:

Why would you go with Emboar when Blastoise is in the format?

pokemonjoe said:
Decmaster said:

right now ive chosen to go with emboar because ive got the right amount of copies of it and its pre evolutions and also considering that boundaries crossed just came out its not going to be possible to get the right amount of blastoise straight away
especially if your like me a player on low budget
i mean im 15 but where i am in the uk they dont bother with 15 year olds they will only take 16 year olds and over :L

TheEpicBidoof said:
pokemonjoe said:

right now ive chosen to go with emboar because ive got the right amount of copies of it and its pre evolutions and also considering that boundaries crossed just came out its not going to be possible to get the right amount of blastoise straight away
i mean im 15 but where i am in the uk they dont bother with 15 year olds they will only take 16 year olds and over :L
I was talking to Decmaster. I can see if you're on a budget going with Emboar, but who in their right mind suggests it over Blastoise?

pokemonjoe said:
TheEpicBidoof said:
I was talking to Decmaster. I can see if you're on a budget going with Emboar, but who in their right mind suggests it over Blastoise?

First of all, I will admit that I completely forgot about Blastoise. xD

But, aren't they exactly the same card? They both attach as many fire/water energy as you want. I don't see any reason to choose grass weakness over water, they're both rather underused as of right now (Blastoise variants aside, I don't think we've had enough time to see what they do to the format). Emboar has 10 more HP, but I don't really see much of a difference. Both have four retreat. There aren't any splashable water techs that I know of, nor fire.

Am I missing something, or is it just personal preference?

Blastoise is the better choice;
1: Squirlte's ability preventes it from being sniped by Darkrai/Raikou.
2: Water weakness is bad, at least for Cities, with so many people playing Keldeo.

Decmaster said:
pokemonjoe said:

First of all, I will admit that I completely forgot about Blastoise. xD

But, aren't they exactly the same card? They both attach as many fire/water energy as you want. I don't see any reason to choose grass weakness over water, they're both rather underused as of right now (Blastoise variants aside, I don't think we've had enough time to see what they do to the format). Emboar has 10 more HP, but I don't really see much of a difference. Both have four retreat. There aren't any splashable water techs that I know of, nor fire.

Am I missing something, or is it just personal preference?
1. Squirtles ability is amazing.
2. are you aware that blastoise Keldeo is one of the most popular decks in cities?
3. Keldeo is a great attacker and prevents catcher stalling.
There's more small reasons that I can go into if you like.

Back