Art Gallery Reggie's Renders

Reggie McGigas

-
Get your renders, get your renders. If used for a card please credit me :)

1082551_orig.png

5757624_orig.png

1191568_orig.png

108708_orig.png

7065201_orig.png

4335025_orig.png

7659529_orig.png

5553231_orig.png

3830971_orig.png

3522781_orig.png

8867018_orig.png

3637432_orig.png

417309_orig.png

1121023_orig.png

4863385_orig.png

9897328_orig.png

Last edited:
You've got to work on your rendering quality - either the resolution is too small or the antialiasing quality is low, and it shows on the Mega Sceptile render and the Aurorus render you used in your card.
That, and the posing for some of them looks off. Remember to just use the Rotate tool as much as you can for the models since their skeletons are all proportioned correctly already, and to keep in mind that not all joints should have 360 degrees of rotation if they were real & physical - you have to focus on making it look natural no matter what the pose is.

And as always, render large images not small ones! Small ones are harder to edit, and look bad when you try to scale them up. Renders for cards are usually good at 1080p resolutions or higher - 800x800 and 540p is a bit strange! =P

Other than that, I think the renders are very good (and it's only M-Sceptile and Aurorus that look bad to me anyway)! You've jumped into this pretty fast, keep it up! ^_^

Looks great, Reggie!
I suggest cropping your render files a bit so there's not so much empty space. It makes scrolling through your master spoiler in the OP kinda difficult. Additionally, you could put them in individual spoilers.
I also suggest, more in the way of the renders themselves, that you do more shots of Pokémon with their head extremely close-up, and the rest foreshortened. If you look at EX scans, you'll see that most are done in this way. The head's the first thing you want to see, not Escavalier's lance/tail, Zekrom's or Palkia's arm and feet, Aurorus's back and tail, etc. The lance/arm/wing/whatever makes a good secondary detail, or even primary, like you can see in Hydreigon-EX (ROS). But the head shouldn't be seen with the rest of the body at the same depth.
On the Rayquaza render specifically, I think the general composition would be better, again, if Rayquaza's head was more the focus, but also if it were turned up a bit. Right now it looks a little like Rayquaza found a pesky Rattata on the ground and was about to Hyper Beam it. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing! It's great for art on non-EXes, which features a bit more of a scene. You can have Rayquaza looking down on Sky Pillar from above, or about to quell the fighting between Groudon and Kyogre, or even the Rattata. But I find a lot of people use renders for EXes (or for non-EXes that nevertheless break the box that art is normally confined to, like your new take on Ancient Traits), and it's good to have a bit more dynamic action.
Hope this makes sense, and helps.

Back