Redshark or Pokemon TCG Online?

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Which do you prefer when playtesting decks online? I don't
see why we need Redshark anymore when Pokemon.com now
has the Online version of the TCG where you can playtest decks
for tournaments and stuff...

RE: Red Shark or Pokemon TCG Online?

It is rather hard to get all the cards you need on the Pokemon online TCG as compared to redshark where you have all the cards to test every deck you want. So, for the time being I think Redshark is better for testing unless of course Pokemon TCG Online changes in the way of getting cards.

At the moment pokemon tcgo has alot of bugs since it's beta, for example fighting tag only works when your active DOESN'T have energy, but it doesn't work when they Do have energy lol

AS mlouden03 said there are tons of bugs keeping pokemon online from ever replacing redshark. There is no way even in the official release that they will get all of those bugs fixed. There will always be rule interactions that instead of making an official ruling on, the programers will just guess. Which will lead to two versions of the rules.

Redshark will always have its place.

yeah, I played the TCGO for a couple of days and I really like the look and feel of that game, but I use redshark way more because I get access to all of the cards which allows me to playtest like nobody's business lol....only thing I wish is for the look of TCGO to be matched with the availability of redshark.

The thing I'm afraid of is that when the release pokemon online it will be like MTG online where you buy digital booster packs full of digital cards. So then you have to decide whether to buy real or digital cards.

Neither. PlayTCG is so much more better than both of them.

dmaster out.

It seems like Pokémon TCG Online is much better in every way but the card list, which they will hopefully change.
I mean, I never complained about RS because it's free, but it really is not a great program, it has a lot of glitches and isn't very easy to operate. Some things, such as using Claydol's Cosmic Power, are incredibly tedious and awful to do. Not to mention the layout for the application is something awful, but it's not like that matters.

I've never even heard of PlayTCG. To Google!

EDIT: Oh god this is excellent.

LORDY JONES said:
It seems like Pokémon TCG Online is much better in every way but the card list, which they will hopefully change.
I mean, I never complained about RS because it's free, but it really is not a great program, it has a lot of glitches and isn't very easy to operate. Some things, such as using Claydol's Cosmic Power, are incredibly tedious and awful to do. Not to mention the layout for the application is something awful, but it's not like that matters.

I've never even heard of PlayTCG. To Google!

EDIT: Oh god this is excellent.

haha yeah playtcg is really nice...the no chat system is a little frustrating at times though which could easily be avoided by a phone call with friends or IM (take your pick of which one) with somebody I'm organizing a match against....

another good program is called OCTGN...I like it because I can go to the same program for the magic:the gathering fix without switching program, the new version has a lobby system too like playtcg, and best of all, there's a built-in chat system :) only problem with that program that I see is when using alph to see your prizes, they're all stacked so you have to look at them again to pick the one you want basically, so I and my friends treat it as if I wrote down the prizes on paper :p

all 4 programs have big pros and cons...just choose whichever one suits you I guess.

There's a little chat box in PlayTCG that comes up. It shows when someone is shuffling, taking a prize, setting up, etc. and you can talk to your opponent there. It's probably good to have an external IM for you to send your opp the link to the game anyway.

dmaster out.

^Do we have a thread to organize games for playtcg or should someone make one?

Bwaaaa

Someone can make one in Online Playtesting if they wanted. I know on Gym they have a thread where people just post links to games. RedShark is better in that you can organize servers for you and your buddies to meet up at.

dmaster out.

TCG Online for the win. It has barely any bugs, no chance of cheating, and you actually get to see the cards. It's just way better.

Can someone provide a link to TCG Online? I'd like to try it out and see if it really is as good as you guys say. Oh and to answer the original question, RS is the best program I've tried.

Robot3300 said:
TCG Online for the win. It has barely any bugs, no chance of cheating, and you actually get to see the cards. It's just way better.

Yeah, it's incredibly fun when it takes half an hour just to draw a card. It slows down my computer (a very new laptop) so much. I haven't tried RedShark, but it must be better. Plus I don't see how it can have more bugs than TCGO. Anyway, do you really want to spend your money in order to build a deck, or do you want all the cards in existance at your fingertips for free?

~SS

Back