• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Red Card/Delinquent

WindierWeavile

Breezing through life as a Weavile on a windy day.
Okay before you take a look at the deck list, know that it's just a deck idea that I just came up with and made a quick list of just to see if it may work and I feel it might. Now here we go:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 4 Bunnelby PRC 121
* 4 Durant BKP 9
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 41

* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 2 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 2 Team Magma's Secret Base DCR 32
* 3 Parallel City BKT 145
* 4 Red Card GEN 71
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 2 Ace Trainer AOR 69
* 4 Level Ball AOR 76
* 2 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 8

* 4 Grass Energy XYEnergy 5
* 4 Rainbow Energy BKT 152

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Strategy:
So if you didn't figure it out from the decklist, the goal is to pull off as many Red Cards into a Delinquent combo as much as possible to keep your opponent from doing anything, while also milling them down with Durant and Bunnulby. Now the first thing you may see is no Sycamore or N of any sorts. At all. The reason for this is is I feel it really doesn't need it. In theory you should have at least 2 turns after a Red Card/Delinquent combo for your opponent to recover,so long as they don't get extremely lucky, so that you can find the cards you need to start milling. The reason for so many stadiums as well is to be able to pull off as many Delinquents as we can, and in order to do that we need a stadium in play, so playing 7 stadiums gives us many options in each match. Another thing you might see is that I know many Durant mill decks use Mew Ex to mill as well as Durant, but I just don't see it fitting into this list, and it gives 2 prizes to your opponent instead of 1, like everything else does. Milling isn't the most important thing for this deck, it's a more "make your opponent suffer" kind of deck. Let me know your thoughts on how this could be improved because I know it can be.

Houndoom ex?
It discards 2 cards also for a single fire energy I believe. likely to survive longer than Bunnelby .
I somehow doubt trick shovel is still standard , but I believe it is the best thing for decks which discard your opponent's hand, allowing you to check their next card and decide whether you will discard it or not , basically preventing them from top decking a sycamore. so sorry if that is not available in standard , but I guess if your attacks are discarding those cards there is no way to check before their turn begins, so it is kind of moot anyhow.
Mill decks I made in the past often came very close to decking out themselves, but I never tried delinquent, they tended to run lots 9f disruptive items and burned quickly.
Maybe the celebi promo could be funny, if you are lucky they might never be able to take a prize while you mess with their hand.

I actually had an idea for a mill deck using Delinquent, Red Card, and Escavalier from Phantom Forces. His first attack uses one metal Energy for 20 damage and discards one random card from the opponents hand. So the key isn't just milling. It's giving them absolutely nothing to play.

I second the notion of Houndoom EX. Then again, I'm not biased or anything... xP

That said, I like this. Are 4 Deliquent necessary? I know you're trying to Wombo with it, but considering you also play VS Seeker, I would feel that it would be fine to drop a copy for something like a Professor Birch's Observation in case you get stuck. Then again, I have no idea how smooth this deck is, so I'll leave this as a passing thought.

Keep up the good work!~

-Asmer

Yeah I really like the idea of giving my opponent nothing to work with. I was looking at the set list for sun and moon and I think Tsareena would be great for a standard deck if you don't want to play expanded. The hardest part would be getting it all out turn one but I'll mess with it. I really like houndoom as a mill option but bunnelby can bring cards back so I might do a 2-2 split between them. Thanks for all your inputs!

. . .
Yep. never even considered using rototiller to recycle items. duh.
Trash tentacle was something I tried. malamar always has trollish attacks... it does that entanglement thing also.
Red card then mental trash was my thing, I was discussing that recently and I think my little keldeo actually found a use for Imakuni? in upside down evolving malamar on turn 1. I thought it was an awesome idea that dimly related to the topic at hand.

What about rocket's handiwork?
Or maybe just one Rat, get rid of that float stone of their's and mill them some more?

Rattata and Malamar would be nice to have in this deck but space is a big problem in this deck. I could take out a few stadiums and maybe delinquent but that lowers my chances of starting with it, which is why I run 4 in the first place. I'll do a little bit of testing around with it and see what I come up with.

I once made this deck, (no idea what it was) but it had NO draw supporters. The "goal" was to have insane turns, but without a draw supporter or shaymin you can never get more cards in you hand than what you started with. At the time I had 4 roller skates, but even those made me barely able to get a bigger hand and eventually ran out entirely of cards in hand.
If you still want to avoid draw supporters add in lucky helmet for draw when you bunelby get hit. Team Rocket's Handiwork will help with the milling.

I have seen people do durant with mew and dimension valley so you can attack with one rainbow energy. That combo rotated, but in expanded its not only fun, but it works in a way.

I have a fun expanded deck I play online that uses the following strategy:
Flygon from Primal Clash with 6 or 7 stadium cards and 4 Delinquents and 4 vs seekers. Don't need red cards because you can always make opponent have 4 cards. in their hand with Flygon's ability. Hit them with Delinquent, they have 1 card left. Have Mimikyu as active (or Mew Ex with Mimikyu on bench) with double colorless energy, make them put the card in their hand back into deck with it's 2nd attack. Play a stadium card, and repeat the same process on next turn, if you have vs seeker or Delinquent again. You can use Flygon's ability for your hand too, especially if you have 2 Flygons in play. There are at least 3 hammer cards and some Lysandres as well. I just use 1 Shauna in there if I don't get the Flygon set up in time. I only win about 1 out of 4 matches, but it is fun to mess with your opponent.

Not sure off the top of my head what the trainer cards are (I'm at work right now), but the Pokémon are:

2 Flygon, 1 Vibrava, 3 Trapinch, 1 Mew Ex, 1 Durant, 1 Mimikyu, 1 Miltank

Energy: 1 double colorless, 3 fighting, 3 grass, 3 psychic

Last edited:
Sableye is awesome at milling, but it is Expanded. Malamar is basically a much weaker version. Sableye is nice because you can just spam 2 Trick shovels every turn.

Back