• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Recoil (Lucario/Landorus)

priestkalim

I like football but also, I don't...
2 Mienfoo ND67
2 Mienshao ND68
3 Riolu ND63
3 Lucario ND64
1 Druddigon NV89
2 Mewtwo EX ND54
3 Landorus NV74
1 Cleffa HS17

Pokemon: 17

3 Pokemon Collector
3 Professor Juniper
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Sage's Training
2 Engineer's Adjustments
2 Rocky Helmet
3 EXP Share
1 Pokegear 3.0
4 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Pokemon Communication
1 Defender

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 29 (16/13/0)

3 Double Colorless Energy
11 Fighting Energy

Energy: 14

Total: 17-29-14 = 60

I got the idea from my little brother. The other day he wanted to play my Zeels and I accepted, not expecting much. I see the Lucario and suddenly, he's keeping up with me and the game stays tied until I get a Mewtwo out. I was surprised how well the idea worked, forcing pretty much any and all Zekrom to kill themselves for one KO, and also working as a minor sniping engine. However, I noticed he had a problem keeping up with energy drops. For the most part he was fine, but once I started taking KOs definitively every turn, he fell behind. The weakness covers the Zeels matchup, but in theory he would fall behind against anything else fairly quickly. So I improved upon the idea, and added Landorus and EXP Shares. The result was much more efficient, if a little less centered on recoil damage. I also added Mewtwos to the build with the Double Colorless line and EXP Shares at least slightly making the Mewtwo wars winnable, but while he lacks Mewtwo he's using a fourth Riolu and another Druddigon. The idea should be self-explanatory after that paragraph, but simply it's a deck that preys on the sort of recklessness people seem to have when playing Zeels.

Mienshao digs up Tools as needed and Meditate is really good at killing things with Catcher after a Switch or something and after Lucarios have used Aura Sphere. Lucario is the main attacker, Druddigon plays second fiddle with Double Colorless and isn't weak should I see Mew Prime or some rogue Psychic. Mewtwo is for the Mewtwo war. Landorus is the deck's favorite opener assuming it can discard an energy with Sage's or Engineer's, which is why the Engineer's is there at all, to Harvest, and the extra damage spread helps the count for the recoil damage in some cases. Defender seems to be the last odd choice, and what it does is save me from some potential KOs, which with the recoil damage stacking can be a bigger deal than Defender would be in a standard deck. A Lucario being left with 10 HP means they have to take another 20-40 to kill it.

Sorry for the paragraphs, I'd rather explain everything right from the get-go than be questioned and have to explain it later.

tl;dr: Lucario + Rocky Helmet = dead Zekroms

Back