• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rayquaza/Celebi Venusaur GX

Fafnirchaos

Aspiring Trainer
Here is a mixup of a Rayquaza deck I made to go along with Celebi Venusaur Gx

2 Grubbins
2 Vikavolt
1 Tapu lele gx
1 Marshadow(let loose)
3 Rayquaza Gx
2 Celebi&Venusaur Gx
1 Zeraora Gx

2 Acro Bikes
1 Nest ball
2 Net balls
3 Pokemon Communications
3 Rare candies
1 Switch
3 Ultrballs
1 Life forest(In case venusaur gets attacked)
3 Sky pillars

2 Cynthias - Sightseer
3 Guzmas
2 Lillies
4 Volkers

3 Wishful Baton
2 Choice Helmet- Buff Padding

7 Grass energies
6 Lighting energies

Celebi Venusaurs attack is very costly and it is Tanky with a choice helmet/Buff Padding, however with its prize and energy cost I wouldn't really use it as a main attacker, so i used Rayqauza instead. Celebi&Venusaurs Gx attack can really help out with Rayqauza's Ability of discarding cards, and can really be used when he's about to die while taking out or at least doing enough damage to the attacker. With 5 energies on venusaur you can also help out with ray's attack without worrying about wasting energies on the bench which would otherwise see no play.

Zeraora's Ability removes Retreat cost for Venusaur which other wise would be 4 energies(which is a problem) that while being a decent attacker.

Rayquaza/Vikavolt really doesn't need any introduction

As for Tapu Lele and marshadow, I chose these two specifically for setup purposes only, the latter would get Communicated back into the deck for something more important or Ultra balled.

The idea is fairly simple once vikavolt is up he charges rayquaza, then venusaur. Your opponent is gonna try for that 3 prizer on your bench as it will also have 5 energies attached, so using life forest is going to be very important.

For bench damage decks Sky pillar, you can't let your opponent do any bench damage other then rayquaza as he is expendable.

If your about to deck out, your Venusaur is about to die, or you discarded all of your raquaza's/ other important cards with a rayquaza ability, then it will be time for venusaurs GX attack.

Decks to watch out for:
Slyveon/Gardevoir GX - This one can one shot your venusaur-GX
Blacephalon Gx - Unless you don't strat properly, he can make a mess of you.

why not play SHL venusaur, it makes Celebi/venusaur gx attack for two energy, and it works on rayquaza

why not play SHL venusaur, it makes Celebi/venusaur gx attack for two energy, and it works on rayquaza

I was thinking about that, I tired a version of Venusaur with rayquaza before, and I don't think it worked out as it only counts for 1 energy, I think it was energy physically attached, I'll have to recheck that. There is still many possibilities with Venusaur GX, like Venusaur and Venusaur Gx with Heracross, or Venasuar GX with Toxapex(lost thunder) as an example, also I haven't fully tested this deck out, so it is still in beta.

Also I know this is off topic But I think we'll be seeing a lot more of Toxapex(Lost thunder) Once Koja comes out, in a thunder deck with bench damage types like Jolteon and Tapu koko.

Back