• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rate/Help with Black Kyurem EX Darkrai EX Deck?

Mewtwomaster

Aspiring Trainer
This is my list, all from the upcoming set Boundaries Crossed except Darkrai EX (Dark Explorers) and Tynamo/Eelektrik (Next Destinies):

4 Emolga
4 Black Kyurem EX
1 Darkrai EX
2 Tynamo
2 Eelektrik
2 Audino

1 Crystal Wall
4 Max Potion
4 Energy Search
4 Skyla
2 Hugh
4 Pokémon Center

9 Electric Energy
5 Dark Energy
5 Water Energy
4 Pokémon Catcher
3 Cards Left

This is my strategy:
Get out all four Black Kyurem EX, with 1 water energy-1 dark energy-two lightning energy
Darkrai EX on bench
Eelektrik on bench
Use Freeze Shock, next turn free retreat to another and use Freeze Shock, and so on.
Max Potion when need to and use Eelektrik ability to get back energy.
Basically it, audino is in there because of ability (duh), stadium should be
Pokémon Center to heal benched Black Kyurem EXs.
Shaymin's first attack lets you search the deck for 2 basic pokemon and put them on the bench, requiring only 1 energy. (notice, i did exactly enough energy for the Black Kyurem's attacks and one extra of each type for if i start with shaymin.)
Then i've got trainers to help, and three cards left, if i counted right.
Thats basically it.
Suggestions/ratings?

RE: Rate/Help with a deck idea?

I would say that your deck should look neater. I would cut shaymin for emolga (it has free retreat making it better). Only run 3 emolga then and add 4 catcher.

RE: Rate/Help with a deck idea?

Flygon2071 said:
I would say that your deck should look neater. I would cut shaymin for emolga (it has free retreat making it better). Only run 3 emolga then and add 4 catcher.
I don't know HOW I missed Emolga and Pokémon Catcher.

But thanks for reminding me XD. And I think I'm going to keep it at 4 Emolgas, just because I'm afraid of Starting with tynamo :O.

What i did: I took out all the Town Maps as i realized i have 4 Skyla and 4 Energy Search that let me eliminate to see my Prizes.
I added 4 Pokémon Catcher.
I changed Shaymin to Emolga.

Any ideas for the 3 cards left, and can someone possibly tell me if they think it would be good or not?

You have three types of energy, only means one thing: Ho-Oh EX. I think you should do this with your deck:

-1 Emolga- Having 4 leads to 3 garbage cards in your deck in the middle of the game once you have your bench full
-1 Black Kyurem EX- I think you should never play 4 EX's. I think 3 is fine at what you are trying to accomplish (never going to have 4 in your bench...)
-2 Tynamo- Ho-Oh
-2 Eelektrik- Same thing
-1 (-2) Audino- If it were me, I would take out both Audinos. In the current format, unless you want to save 10 damage. it will be useless (no Special Con.)
-2 (-3) Max Potion- Your energy accel. isnt going to be Eels, its going to be Ho-Oh. Now if you feel insecure about getting all 4 energies in the discard pile, play with 2 Max Potions, if you want to be risky, play with 3. Your call.
-2 Energy Search- Its not like you will never have the correct energy, you will. But on occasions you wont. So i suggest you leave only 2 in there.
-2 Skyla- In my opinion, the format is getting considerably slower due to this card. People are playing 3-4 copies in MANY decks. I think thats really bad. You still need to draw cards in your turn, not get stuck with this card. Thats why I only left you two. (I like the use of Hugh in your deck btw)
-3 (-4) Pokemon Center- Again same thing as Emolga. Once you play it down, there will be 3 dead cards in your deck=very bad. Then with the additions im doing to your deck, you will be able to use Darkrai as an emergency attacker, so you dont want your opponent healing his bench every turn. Then again, MOST of the decks out there run Darkrai giving all of your opponents pokemon free retreat= they can also utilize Pokemon Center= VERY BAD.
-1 Water Energy- you only need 4 in your ENTIRE DECK...considering you play all 4 Kyurem and power up each one in your bench...

+1 Darkrai EX- Now that you have energy switch (you will), you can have a surprise attack with Darkrai. Plus you dont want to risk having this card prized because if you do, your game is done.
+2 (+3) Ho-Oh EX- For the energy acceleration.
+4 Energy Switch- A mandatory card if you are playing Ho_Oh in your deck.
+4 Ultra Ball- YOU ALWAYS NEED A WAY TO GET POKEMON FROM YOUR DECK. yep.
+2 Random Receivers- you always want to be hitting a supporter every turn. (EVERY)
+3 Professor Juniper- Extra supporters
+(2) Cheren/ Bianca- Again you want to be hitting a supporter every turn.

3 Empty Spaces:
+1 Dark Energy
+1 Tool Scrapper
Maybe either put in EXP. Share, or Heavy balls, or even Mewtwo EX. Your Choice! Hope I helped!
(you can take out your crystal wall, cuz all your opponent needs to do is tool scrapper to get it out (and possibly win the game) trade it for a computer search)

Jetninja said:
You have three types of energy, only means one thing: Ho-Oh EX. I think you should do this with your deck:

-1 Emolga- Having 4 leads to 3 garbage cards in your deck in the middle of the game once you have your bench full They help too much to reduce
-1 Black Kyurem EX- I think you should never play 4 EX's. I think 3 is fine at what you are trying to accomplish (never going to have 4 in your bench...)I play 4 because i can let one get hurt, set it aside on the bench and heal it fully for a while while still hitting 150 every time and not dying.
-2 Tynamo- Ho-Oh
-2 Eelektrik- Same thing[/color]Tynamo and Eelektrik are my energy acceleration, ho-oh is unreliable.
-1 (-2) Audino- If it were me, I would take out both Audinos. In the current format, unless you want to save 10 damage. it will be useless (no Special Con.)I'd be healing 30 damage from my benched BK EX in one turn with that and the stadium card.
-2 (-3) Max Potion- Your energy accel. isnt going to be Eels, its going to be Ho-Oh. Now if you feel insecure about getting all 4 energies in the discard pile, play with 2 Max Potions, if you want to be risky, play with 3. Your call.Without Max Max Potion this would be useless. Healing is really important in this deck.
-2 Energy Search- Its not like you will never have the correct energy, you will. But on occasions you wont. So i suggest you leave only 2 in there.I'll think about it :).
-2 Skyla- In my opinion, the format is getting considerably slower due to this card. People are playing 3-4 copies in MANY decks. I think thats really bad. You still need to draw cards in your turn, not get stuck with this card. Thats why I only left you two. (I like the use of Hugh in your deck btw)I need 4 to get my crystal wall fast and plus, and it is a very good card for situations where you need a specific trainer.
-3 (-4) Pokemon Center- Again same thing as Emolga. Once you play it down, there will be 3 dead cards in your deck=very bad. Then with the additions im doing to your deck, you will be able to use Darkrai as an emergency attacker, so you dont want your opponent healing his bench every turn. Then again, MOST of the decks out there run Darkrai giving all of your opponents pokemon free retreat= they can also utilize Pokemon Center= VERY BAD.I'm relentlessly hitting 150 every turn. Their healing won't matter that much since i need it so much.
-1 Water Energy- you only need 4 in your ENTIRE DECK...considering you play all 4 Kyurem and power up each one in your bench...I stuck an extra of each in there for emolga, thus ensuring i wouldn't be short an energy whichever i started with.

+1 Darkrai EX- Now that you have energy switch (you will), you can have a surprise attack with Darkrai. Plus you dont want to risk having this card prized because if you do, your game is done.
+2 (+3) Ho-Oh EX- For the energy acceleration.
+4 Energy Switch- A mandatory card if you are playing Ho_Oh in your deck.
Ho-oh is unreliable. I want my deck to be consistently hitting 150 every turn.
+4 Ultra Ball- YOU ALWAYS NEED A WAY TO GET POKEMON FROM YOUR DECK. yep.Emolga finds them.
+2 Random Receivers- you always want to be hitting a supporter every turn. (EVERY)You said replace two skyla with two random receiver basically. Skyla lets me get supporter, trainer, stadium, whichever i need, and doesn't show half my deck to my opponent.
+3 Professor Juniper- Extra supportersI don't put things in decks to have extra if they're useless.
+(2) Cheren/ Bianca- Again you want to be hitting a supporter every turn.I'll have to look at numbers and see how many of stuff i can stick in after i incorporate other stuff in.

3 Empty Spaces:
+1 Dark Energy
+1 Tool Scrapper
Maybe either put in EXP. Share, or Heavy balls, or even Mewtwo EX. Your Choice! Hope I helped!
Yeah, I'll want tool scrapper for those stupid garbodors and maybe even White Kyurem EX. And heavy ball will be great in this. Thanks for mentioning this! :D
(you can take out your crystal wall, because all your opponent needs to do is tool scrapper to get it out (and possibly win the game) trade it for a computer search)If i didn't have it, they'd just attack and win that way. It's worth it to give BK EX another attack or two, and if they don't draw a tool scrapper, lucky me!
I put in red parts. Don't mean to sound like i'm arguing or anything. :D

Whats the point in hitting for 150? Its nice but 150 or 90 still both 2hkos an EX. I also think your gonna find your gonna get killed by lack of stronger energy acceleration. With exs hitting as hard as they do you need to be able to attatch all your energy. When it comes to decks using a TON of different cards to make one overly strong card work youbwill lose to consistency and speed. Also you cant count on crystal wall especially with no sableye. Tool scrappers laugh at them. I dont think the deck is a bad idea i just think your gonna find that its hard to work with.

exdarkrai01 said:
Whats the point in hitting for 150? Its nice but 150 or 90 still both 2hkos an EX. I also think your gonna find your gonna get killed by lack of stronger energy acceleration. With exs hitting as hard as they do you need to be able to attatch all your energy. When it comes to decks using a TON of different cards to make one overly strong card work youbwill lose to consistency and speed. Also you cant count on crystal wall especially with no sableye. Tool scrappers laugh at them. I dont think the deck is a bad idea i just think your gonna find that its hard to work with.
dude...
It IS consistent WITHOUT ho-oh, and i'm getting energy and everything fine.
150 OHKOs a lot more than 90, and OHKOs any dragon type so far.
I can attach all my energy! I have 4 freaking energy search AND eelektrik. I KNOW i can't "count" on ANYTHING, crystal wall just HELPS.

I actually agree with what Mewtwomaster said. But here's one suggestion:
-2 Audino
+2 Potion
Potion does what Audino does but heals 20 more and doesn't get rid of status conditions. But based on what you've said the status conditions won't matter since you're using it on your benched Pokemon.

Bo$$_89 said:
I actually agree with what Mewtwomaster said. But here's one suggestion:
-2 Audino
+2 Potion
Potion does what Audino does but heals 20 more and doesn't get rid of status conditions. But based on what you've said the status conditions won't matter since you're using it on your benched Pokemon.

Potion is one use only, but, in the fear of starting with audino, and other things, i'm going to do that. I don't have time now but i'm going to update the decklist later.

Mewtwomaster said:
Potion is one use only, but, in the fear of starting with audino, and other things, i'm going to do that. I don't have time now but i'm going to update the decklist later.

Audino is one use only too...

Bo$$_89 said:
Mewtwomaster said:

Audino is one use only too...
Wording miss. lol.

Mewtwomaster said:
Add some black kyurem.

If you're running someone to counter Sig why not use Zekrom instead? He can hit for 1 energy less and only needs electric energies so you should be able to have him out easier without having to wait on getting a water energy. he would be weak to Landorus though.

take that with a grain of salt I haven't tested anything.

TheEpicBidoof said:
dont use energy search use cilan >_< gets you 3 energy xD

It does get you 3 but you can only equip 1 it also takes up your 1 supporter per turn and if I see you have big guys up front who need a lot of energy and I know you have a few energies in your hand I would not hesitate to use N my next turn (unless its an amazing hand) and put those extra energies back into your deck.

How are you going to get Crystal wall back if it`s in the discard pile I suggest maybe 2 Durant from Dragons Exalted or 3 recycle from Emerging powers

Back