Collecting Rarest Card in Your Collection?

Yrith

Aspiring Trainer
Show off your rarest cards in this thread.

The rarest card(I think?), or at least the most valuable one, is my Skyridge Secret Rare Ho-oh. I will provide pictures as soon as possible. I've heard that the card is worth at least $100, but I might be waaaaay off.

My most expensive cards are maybe a tie? between Secret Rare Ultra Ball from Plasma Freeze ($120-$160ish?), and Blastoise 1st ed. Base Set. (Unsure about value, maybe 160? has light scratches u.u).

My most expensive cards are maybe a tie? between Secret Rare Ultra Ball from Plasma Freeze ($120-$160ish?), and Blastoise 1st ed. Base Set. (Unsure about value, maybe 160? has light scratches u.u).
What, $120+ for the Ultra Ball SR from Plazma Freeze? o-o

What, $120+ for the Ultra Ball SR from Plazma Freeze? o-o

Well, I think so, It's like $160 on trollandtoad, and on ebay it ranges from $120-$170ish on their sold listings, and on tcgplayer market price was $133, however they were out of stock when I checked.

My rarest is Crystal Golem from Skyridge. I have the reverse version though, which I think is worth slightly less than the holo version.

Most valuable outside of Golem are probably my various BW era Item SRs, my N FA, and Mewtwo-EX FA. Though admittedly I haven't kept up to date on values for ex-era sets, many of which I have complete, so I'm sure some gems are hidden in there. But I don't plan to ever sell them. :p

Snorlax from the Jungle Expansion, signed by William Hung.

What, I sold my real collection years ago. Figured no one else would care about that card since even if William Hung were to get another 15 minutes of fame, its not like I have any proof its his real signature. Just thought it was a fun memento from running into him at (I think) at either the State or Regional Championship in Iowa. ;)

Probably my PSA 9 japanese 1st. edition gold star Rayquaza from "Clash of the Blue Sky".

I think they go for around 800 USD these days.

My rarest cards are:
  1. Charizard Crystal from Skyridge. Got all Crystals...
  2. Birthday Pikachu nata waka
  3. Shining Charizard (NEO DESTINY)
  4. Ultra Ball secret rare
I'm not sure what other cards are very expensive?

Some of my rarest cards include Ultra Ball from Plasma Freeze x2, a handful of the gold M Charizard's, Surfing Pikachu from Rising Rivals, an extreme miscut M Blastoise from XY, various secret rare trainers from older sets such as Rare Candy, Random Receiver, Switch, as well as Black and White full arts such as Deoxys English and Japanese, Landorus, Genesect, Mew, Mewtwo...

And the card I never thought I'd pull, the shiny Charizard from Plasma Storm.

50_zps2yecq3gf.jpg

Probably more interesting then the cards themselves was how I pulled them, the Y Charizard was in a Haxorus/Machamp 3 pack blister with a Toxicroak Full Art in the pack next to it, the 1st X Charizard was in a Pyroar Box with a Blastoise Full Art next to it, the 2nd X Charizard was in 8 Dollar Tree packs and the 3rd was in another Pyroar Box with 2 holos. The Shiny Charizard was at Walmart, it was in original Plasma Storm packaging meaning it wasn't repackaged but was packed when the cards were originally released, it was the only non-rereleased Plasma Storm pack there so it stood out. When I opened it I saw the gold and was praying it wasn't a 3rd Random Receiver, I still needed Charizard and Blastoise. It is slightly miscut unfortunately but I don't really care about that.

Last edited:
I don't really have any cards I would consider to be super rare. Maybe RH Crystal Celebi from Skyridge, Flareon*, or Shiny M Gengar-EX XY-P? Some of my Dutch cards might count as rare too, I suppose.

At one point, I had two of the misprinted SR Charizard PLS (though I ended up selling one), but I also have some old Victory Cups from the 2013-2014 season, the Birthday Pikachu, a sealed Ancient Mew, a playset of SR Ultra Ball, some old POP cards (including the Pichu Bros. card), Shining Noctowl, and a few of the old ex-es (like Sandstorm Gardevoir ex, the [R] Gardevoir ex, and an Absol ex from some other set?)

Oh, I forgot to mention the binder of e-Reader cards I have. They're mostly commons and uncommons, but I also have the Pokémon Channel e-Cards, which is nice. I even have the e-Reader, so I can use them! ^v^

Rarest? Probably either my Ancient Mew card, or my misprint card with a back and a border but no front. :p
As for most valuable, I have no idea. :V

Um, I think my rarest/most valuable is that shining Mew Delta Species card that's like, $70 or something. I've had it for years and didn't know its worth until this year, lol. I was just super happy I got it because I love Mew. :p

I forgot some of my cards I had and still have from when I was younger, corrected Blaine's Charizard, reverse Charizard from Legendary Collection and Shining Magikarp.

Unfortunately both of the Charizards were damaged over the years and have creases in them.

I think some people here have the definitions of "rarest" and "most valuable" mixed up. For example, the Japanese Pikachu Illustrator trainer card is the most expensive card ever, but you can easily find it on eBay, so it's not the rarest.

As for me, I have the Japanese lenticular Deoxys card from the movie deck. From different angles, you can see different forms of Deoxys. There is no other card like it, so that's why it is my rarest card ;)
(pictures upon request)

I think some people here have the definitions of "rarest" and "most valuable" mixed up. For example, the Japanese Pikachu Illustrator trainer card is the most expensive card ever, but you can easily find it on eBay, so it's not the rarest.

My most valuable card is also my rarest. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it. There's a total of 4 in the world, so I doubt I have anything rarer. Also, the card you mentioned isn't what I'd define as rare. It's unique in a way, but there's probably around 100.000 other people who bought that movie deck and has the same card.

The illustrator card is without a doubt the most rare card. There are probably less than 20 copies of the card worldwide, and only 3 have been graded. Out of those three, only one of them scored a mint grade.

You can't easily find the card on eBay. The only reason you can find it every now and then is because smpratte doesn't get high enough offers for his copy. He's been offered some mad cash, but isn't willing to sell the card for a "low" price. When another serious collector buys that card it might be another 10 years before you'll see it on ebay again, because they rarely use auction sites to sell of their cards.

Oh, the Shiny Charizard is rare? Does that make my Shiny Serperior rare? :eek:

If you're talking about this Shiny Serperior from DEX (which is the only Shiny Serperior card I'm aware of), then yes, that's a Secret Rare. You can tell by the numbering; SR cards are always beyond the actual card count (125/124) which is why they're called "secret".

Back