(RANDOM) Team for a type master tournament with friends

TJed73

I'm just here so I don't get fined.
A couple weeks ago, me and a few friends decided to do a tournament with 3 selected types. I ended up with Poison, Ghost and Bug. After some time breeding and training, this is the team i ended up choosing. Dont talk about legendaries...we decided they werent allowed

Crobat "Bane"
169.gif

Adamant, Alert to Sounds (High Speed IV)
255 Att/132 Speed/150 HP
Lv 58 stats: 178 Att, 115 Def/Sp. Def, 191 Speed
Infiltrator
Bug Gem
Toxic, Cross Poison, Brave Bird, and U-Turn

Crobat has been a staple of all of my teams that i put together, its ability to hit hard and fast is not to be trifled with. This particular Crobat also survived a boosted ThunderPunch from a Eelektross during the Winter Friendlies. I chose a bug gem over black sludge because that extra 50% may be the difference in knocking out a psychic type and being knocked out by it.

Drapion "Viktorya"
452.gif

Jolly, Often Dozes Off (High HP IV)
243 Att/132 HP/164 Speed
Lv 57 Stats: 160 Att, 148 Def, 100 Sp.Def, 160 Speed
Sniper
Scope Lens
Earthquake, Cross Poison, Ice Fang, Night Slash

Drapion was a late addition to this squad. I decided to move it ahead of Tentacruel after its performance in the Winter Friendlies. It's ability to consistently deliver critical hits is to be feared, as a critical, neutral night slash will hit for 4.5x. It should be noted that its defensive skills are enough to spare a one-hit KO from a Rhyperior's Earthquake.

Gengar "Cheshira"
094.gif

Modest, Michievious (High Sp.Att IV)
219 Sp.Att/177 HP/96 Sp.Def/105 Speed
Lv 53 Stats: 163 HP, 203 Sp.Att, 103 Sp.Def, 151 Speed
Levitate
Electric Gem
Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Venoshock

Gengar was something i had in mind from the beginning of the training process. Fairly reliable in all situations. Destiny Bond was a surprise to some people in the Friendlies. It killed off some of the other teams best options a couple times. Thunderbolt is there for coverage, and when paired with the gem, it basically becomes a stab attack. Venoshock is meant to be paired with Crobat's Toxic, as those two together will be the fastest on the field in most situations.

Sableye "Slim"
302.gif

Calm, Likes to Relax (High HP IV)
240 HP/135 Def/135 Sp.Def
Lv 55 Stats: 120 Def, 100 Sp.Def
Prankster
Lum Berry/Leftovers
Recover, Will-O-Wisp, Gravity, Night Shade/Confuse Ray

This was the last addition I made after i found it in the dream world. It ability along with will o wisp can cripple physical attackers. Same goes for gravity and certain pokemon. Its only out there to troll and does a damn good job of that.

NInjask "Aang"
291.gif

Quirky, Somewhat of a Clown (High Speed IV)
255 HP/160 Def/95 Att
Lv 57 Stats: 127 Att, 203 Speed
Speed Boost
Lum Berry/Leftovers
Substitute, Swords Dance, Baton Pass, X-Scissor

I created this Ninjask specifically to be baton pass to Drapion. When I used this strategy in the Friendlies, and it was successful (70% of the time), Drapion became an absolute monster having doubled its attack and speed. It once took down a White Kyurem with a single Night Slash (Critical). With its solid attack stat, Ninjask can also get a quick, relatively hard hit in on an opponent suspecting a Substitute.

Volcarona "Zuko"
637.gif

Quirky, Likes to Thrash About (High Attack IV)
250 Sp.Att/87 Speed/155 Def/48 HP
Lv 76 Stats: 138 Def, 277 Sp.Att, 173 Sp.Def, 191 Speed
Flame Body
Psychic Gem
Flamethrower, Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Psychic

Volcarona is, alongside Crobat, another staple in my teams. Its ability to hit everything that isnt a special wall or that resists it extremely hard is crucial in my victories. One Quiver Dance is enough to boost it to scary levels. It should be noted that this particular Volcarona survived a White Kyurem's Draco Meteor after one Quiver Dance. The only thing Im debating with Zuko here is whether or not to teach it Roost or keep Psychic...

It should be noted that I also trained a Dusknoir, Tentacruel, Scolipede, Galvantula and Chandelure for this tournament.

Let me know what you think. How should I fare?

Back