• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rainbow Road

LadyMeowstic

Lil paws of fun!
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 17
* 2 Pawniard STS 63
* 1 Comfey GRI 93
* 1 Mr. Mime GEN 52
* 4 Xerneas BKT 107
* 1 Marshadow-GX BUS 137
* 2 Galvantula STS 42
* 2 Joltik STS 41
* 2 Bisharp STS 64
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
##Trainer Cards - 32
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Po Town BUS 121
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Fairy Garden FAC 100
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Brigette BKT 161
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 148
* 4 N FAC 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
##Energy - 11
* 7 Fairy Energy GEN 83
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
So after just a few battles on tcgo I found out this deck has trouble handling high HP like Gardy and Golisopod. I have a local tournament tomorrow and was going to take this exact deck but it's not looking to good so far. I might be focusing too much on protecting the bench.
Should I use Drampa and Zoroark instead?
Also in real life I have only 1 Guzma.

Try to trade for a Guzma before you enter your deck list. I'll try to make this short and sweet so you can hopefully see this before the tourney. You need Volcanion-EX. It's the best of the dual typed Pokemon because you can immediately bench it and add 60 damage to your damage output. Play 4 Sycamore, it's the best draw support in the game, and you can't afford to not play 4 because Rainbow Road already bricks hard. Acerola doesn't help you since you get OHKO'd really often, drop the card. Fairy Garden isn't the best card, so I would play more Po Town and 2-3 Float Stone. Play 9 Fairy for maximum Elixir consistency and 2 Rescue Stretcher so you never run out of Pokemon. Koko can't do much harm to you, and no good decks use special conditions, so drop the Mime and Comfey, you already play 4 Xerneas, that's plenty Fairy Pokemon and they take bench space that is invaluable to these kinds of decks. You might play Oranguru, it provides draw support, while you burn your hands down, and it also applies as 30 damage, since you don't currently play any Colorless Pokemon. I'll give you my list for reference.

Pokemon:16
  • 4 Xerneas BKT
  • 2 Joltik STS
  • 2 Galvantula STS
  • 2 Pawniard STS
  • 2 Bisharp STS
  • 1 Volcanion-EX
  • 1 Marshadow GX
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers:31
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 3 Guzma
  • 1 Brigette
  • 3 Choice Band
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Po Town
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Max Elixir
  • 1 Field Blower
  • 2 Rescue Stretcher

Energy:13
  • 9 Fairy
  • 4 DCE
I haven't used this list in a while, so edit it to fit what you have, and probably make changes that make you comfortable taking on the new meta.

Awesome thank you! ^-^ The tournament is still about 4 hours away so I'll redo my deck similar to the one you posted. The one I had definitely kept bricking on me the other day bad. Lol I only have 2 Po Town as well but maybe some of my friends have extras and Guzmas too.

In the revised list gumball51321 provided consider to use Exp. Share instead of Choice Band. With three dual type Pokémon you are already hitting 250 damage with a full bench and nothing resists Fairy at the moment. Not sure you need a stadium card either with Float Stones in the list. I would rather include a fourth Max Elixir and two Lillie to have a more stable draw engine and increase the chances to get a turn two Xerneas.

Here are my suggestions in a nutshell starting from the list gumball51321 provided.

- 3 Choice Band (Xerneas can ohko everything in format without it)
- 3 Po Town (see above)

+ 3 Exp Share (helps a lot to stream Xerneas and Marshadow GX)
+ 1 Max Exilir (faster acceleration)
+ 2 Lillie (more draw options to avoid dead drawing)

Hope this provides some initial assistance. Best luck at the tournament.

from gumballs list id personally change these things

-3 po town
+ 1 max elixer
+2 exp share
-1 float stone
+1 field blower

i personally think choice band is super necessary as you may find it difficult at times to get the correct bench to get enough damage for a 1 hit

Yes on the Elixers I find it useful to have 4 of them for consistency. Thanks for all the help everyone going to head to the tournament now.

So, I just got done with a league cup with an atrocious score of 4-3-0. John Kettler got top 8 with Rainbow Road, but I didn't ask for his list. I got him to sign my Decidueye mat, and he attempted to draw his Decidueye coin on it. But yeah, Rainbow Road seems like it could be solid.

I just saw a post on fb on it! I was like John Kettler plays Rainbow Road too!?Eeee! :D Someone said they'd get the list for me in a bit.

wouldnt it be better to run 4 float stones instead of three? That way you can retreat the others to go back to Xerneas?

Back