Rainbow Road - Xerneas BKT

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I run 4 Crushing Hammer, but what I'm saying is the reason Scizor is good is because decks like MMewtwo, MRay, and Rainbow Road rely on DCE and Stadium to do anything. Carbink can stop crushing hammer, but Garb counters it. I think my choice of words was poor when I said Garb is the reason Scizor is Anti, what I mean is when you are constantly being set back by energy and ability disruption, things get sticky. You said that Garbodor is being dropped, but not only does the "Most powerful card in the game" (Josh Wittenkeller as he was commentating the 2016 World Championship), but so many other cards like Giritina, Volcanion, and Zoroark depend on abilities. Finally, you said that if Garb was played with Scizor, then it would be a 1-1 line with a Hex Maniac. Why would you use that since you would shut off your abilities too?
That last question confused me. You don't need Hex T1, and you decide whether or not you play it, if you meant Shaymin/ Hoopa.

judekevinchu

Aspiring Trainer
It's not auto loss against M Scizor. Playing parallel city to counter the parallel city of your opponent is very important, and you can also OHKO their M Scizor. If you both have good draws, I'll still go with Rainbow Road.

Last edited:

Mao999

Aspiring Trainer
Can I see your list? It depends on what list you run.

Sure, the list is pretty standard:

Pokémon: 15

4 Xerneas (BKT 107/162)
2 Joltik (STS 41/114)
2 Galvantula (STS 42/114)
2 Pawniard (STS 63/114)
2 Bisharp (STS 64/114)
1 Volcanion EX (STS 107/114)
2 Shaymin EX (ROS 77/108)

Trainers: 34

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Pokèmon Ranger
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Vs Seeker
2 Switch
3 Exp. Share
2 Float stone
1 Special Charge
1 Super Rod
3 Sky Field

Energy: 11

4 Double Colorless Energy
7 Fairy Energy

gumball51321

*thumbs up*

4 Xerneas (BKT 107/162)
2 Joltik (STS 41/114)
2 Pawniard (STS 63/114)
2 Bisharp (STS 64/114)

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Pokèmon Ranger
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Vs Seeker
2 Switch
3 Exp. Share
2 Float stone
1 Special Charge
1 Super Rod
3 Sky Field

7 Fairy Energy
Don't play Bisharp, it's not good, and it's a casualty when it comes down to needing it. Galvaltula is good because Joltik has free retreat and it can 2HKO Shaymin-EX. Special Charge is horrible, you just don't need it. Exp. Share probably doesn't need 3 spaces in your deck, as 2 can get you pretty far, but it's up to preference there. I personally play a Hoopa-EX, Umbreon-EX, and Jirachi XY67. That way, the only type missing is dragon, and that can be used in the place as Kingdra-EX. Other than that, your list seems good.

Xerneos

Aspiring Trainer
Decks that use bisharp and galvaltula usually do best with level balls in them, ive noticed. They get their setup a lot quicker

judekevinchu

Aspiring Trainer

4 Xerneas (BKT 107/162)
2 Joltik (STS 41/114)
2 Pawniard (STS 63/114)
2 Bisharp (STS 64/114)

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Pokèmon Ranger
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Vs Seeker
2 Switch
3 Exp. Share
2 Float stone
1 Special Charge
1 Super Rod
3 Sky Field

7 Fairy Energy

Add another fairy energy and max elixirs. You can remove the special charge and an N. Personally, I play 3 parallel city instead of the sky field, and play only 1 Shaymin. You can also cut the 2 switch as you have float stone, and cut an exp share and a Lysandre and the ranger. Add a Brigette to easily fill your bench. Teammates is also useful. Jolteon-EX is played less now due to the absence of night march Also, add a carbink keeper for protection on your basic energy and mew FCO as a backup attacker. In summary:

-1 Shaymin-EX, +1 Carbink (Energy Keeper) +1 Mew FCO

-1 N, -1 Lysandre, -1 Pokemon Ranger, -2 Switch, -1 Exp. Share, -1 Special Charge, -3 Sky Field

+3 Max Elixir, +1 Brigette, +1 Teammates, +3 Parallel City, +1 Fairy Energy

judekevinchu

Aspiring Trainer
Don't play Bisharp, it's not good, and it's a casualty when it comes down to needing it. Galvaltula is good because Joltik has free retreat and it can 2HKO Shaymin-EX. Special Charge is horrible, you just don't need it. Exp. Share probably doesn't need 3 spaces in your deck, as 2 can get you pretty far, but it's up to preference there. I personally play a Hoopa-EX, Umbreon-EX, and Jirachi XY67. That way, the only type missing is dragon, and that can be used in the place as Kingdra-EX. Other than that, your list seems good.

The problem with this is you need to play Sky Field rather than save the bench space with the dual type Bisharp. I personally play parallel city to counter opponent's parallel city and to also counter M Ray. And you also only need at least 7 types, to OHKO the megas that are in the meta now.

Cherokee

Aspiring Trainer
My deck list consists of 1 Shaymin, 2 Volcanion, and the 2-2 lines with 4 Xern. I run 4 Max, Mail, Seeker, and 2 Ultra Balls. I thought about switching my 2 pokemon fan club for 2 more ultra balls. I have a 4-3 for N and Syc, since I realize most of the time, I have too much I can't afford to dump. I found I had to run at least one delinquent, because parallel is everywhere, but the 3 dual types makes the deck strong. With that I run 1 Ninja boy I generally dump to vs for later, and its come in handy. I also run 2 FFB instead the EXP.
Ive wanted to figure a way to put 2-3 rainbow energies so its not a constant auto loss to Scizor, but maybe jut fire would be the best way to of about this.
What are your thoughts?

judekevinchu

Aspiring Trainer
My deck list consists of 1 Shaymin, 2 Volcanion, and the 2-2 lines with 4 Xern. I run 4 Max, Mail, Seeker, and 2 Ultra Balls. I thought about switching my 2 pokemon fan club for 2 more ultra balls. I have a 4-3 for N and Syc, since I realize most of the time, I have too much I can't afford to dump. I found I had to run at least one delinquent, because parallel is everywhere, but the 3 dual types makes the deck strong. With that I run 1 Ninja boy I generally dump to vs for later, and its come in handy. I also run 2 FFB instead the EXP.
Ive wanted to figure a way to put 2-3 rainbow energies so its not a constant auto loss to Scizor, but maybe jut fire would be the best way to of about this.
What are your thoughts?

It's not auto loss to M Scizor if you put Parallel. Chunking in Delinquent and Rainbow energy just make the list more inconsistent and you will not get the acceleration that you need. Too much OHKOs in the meta, and you will not stream continuous attackers without a consistent Max Elixir.

Cherokee

Aspiring Trainer
It's not auto loss to M Scizor if you put Parallel. Chunking in Delinquent and Rainbow energy just make the list more inconsistent and you will not get the acceleration that you need. Too much OHKOs in the meta, and you will not stream continuous attackers without a consistent Max Elixir.

Yeah. I don't run the fire or Rainbow energy because of the clunkiness. But 1 delinquent has helped me win so many games, that I fee I have to keep 1z

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
Mega scizor just removes rainbow energy by attacking and over 3 turns they will have plenty of preparation and disruption opportunities. Also if you are attaching to volcanion ex, you are not attaching to xerneas to take any prizes while they take several.

theravagedcabbage

Aspiring Trainer
It's not auto loss against M Scizor. Playing parallel city to counter the parallel city of your opponent is very important, and you can also OHKO their M Scizor. If you both have good draws, I'll still go with Rainbow Road.
I may be wrong, but I thought I heard that you cannot play a Stadium of the same name as the one that is already in play. Meaning that, regardless of the way Parallel City is facing, neither player can play another one.

AquaDragon82

The Canadian Gamer
I may be wrong, but I thought I heard that you cannot play a Stadium of the same name as the one that is already in play. Meaning that, regardless of the way Parallel City is facing, neither player can play another one.
Yeah, you're right; the only way to get rid of Parallel City is with another stadium that's not Parallel City, Delinquent, Mega Scizor or Paint Roller.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Mega Scizor can just discard Parallel City and just put down their own. Lightning Cloud is 100% right about Volcanion and Rainbow Energy, You don't take prizes and just get your energy removed. And Fire energy is just slightly better(but still very bad) because Scizor doesn't remove it with an attack(though, if you don't have Carbink on your field, Crushing Hammer does the same thing), and it is Max Elixir-able. But it doesn't have the infusion of Fairy in it, so Xerneas can't use it. To be honest, there isn't anything you can do to beat Scizor that doesn't completely destroy how the deck plays, so you either take the autoloss, or destroy the deck beyond playable for tournaments. Neither of those options satisfied me, so I just dropped the deck altogether. Delinquent is the closest thing to a solution there might be, but you still have to have 7 different types on your bench, and they can just Parallel City you, and if you play Parallel to counter them, then you get locked down if they play it first, and you can't bench the Pokemon you might need by not playing Sky Field. A split seems like a solution, but all it does is make to where you can't use either of the stadiums in the situation they are needed, and when you constantly have to discard Pokemon, you don't hit hard enough to OHKO, so you lose that way too.

judekevinchu

Aspiring Trainer

Mega Scizor can just discard Parallel City and just put down their own. Lightning Cloud is 100% right about Volcanion and Rainbow Energy, You don't take prizes and just get your energy removed. And Fire energy is just slightly better(but still very bad) because Scizor doesn't remove it with an attack(though, if you don't have Carbink on your field, Crushing Hammer does the same thing), and it is Max Elixir-able. But it doesn't have the infusion of Fairy in it, so Xerneas can't use it. To be honest, there isn't anything you can do to beat Scizor that doesn't completely destroy how the deck plays, so you either take the autoloss, or destroy the deck beyond playable for tournaments. Neither of those options satisfied me, so I just dropped the deck altogether. Delinquent is the closest thing to a solution there might be, but you still have to have 7 different types on your bench, and they can just Parallel City you, and if you play Parallel to counter them, then you get locked down if they play it first, and you can't bench the Pokemon you might need by not playing Sky Field. A split seems like a solution, but all it does is make to where you can't use either of the stadiums in the situation they are needed, and when you constantly have to discard Pokemon, you don't hit hard enough to OHKO, so you lose that way too.

Running parallel city is just a matter of playstyle. I have beaten 4 M Scizor decks this past weekend just because of my counter parallel city. They will not play their parallel city unless they see you have a large bench so you would discard some pokemons. So you need to play it first. The sense here is that you play the parallel city first to counter them, and if M Scizor discards it, you just need to play another one and OHKO the M Scizor. You will not wait for them to play parallel city. And just in case they play their own parallel city first, having 1 Sky Field helps a lot.

theravagedcabbage

Aspiring Trainer
Running parallel city is just a matter of playstyle. I have beaten 4 M Scizor decks this past weekend just because of my counter parallel city. They will not play their parallel city unless they see you have a large bench so you would discard some pokemons. So you need to play it first. The sense here is that you play the parallel city first to counter them, and if M Scizor discards it, you just need to play another one and OHKO the M Scizor. You will not wait for them to play parallel city. And just in case they play their own parallel city first, having 1 Sky Field helps a lot.
Totally see what you mean. I'm not sure if every player has the same mentality to only play Parallel City in order to discard the opponent's benched Pokemon, though. I believe many players will play it even before an opponent plays their benchies. I am particularly thinking of a situation in which they are about to Sycamore, and decide to play the Stadium before playing the Sycamore on their first or second turn (which really isn't that uncommon). If this same thing happened in which they waited on Parallel City in all four of your matches, then I'm honestly surprised. I agree with you 100% that Scizor isn't an auto-win against RR, but as a RR player, I still think that Scizor tends to have an advantage due to speed, consistency, and, of course, hitting for weakness.

theravagedcabbage

Aspiring Trainer

Also, couldn't agree more with Skyfield. I actually run one Parallel City and two Sky Field for expanded.