• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rainbow Road, and it's amazing path

Dalton

Aspiring Trainer
In the past month I have been to quite a few Leauge Challenges with rainbow road. Prior to the first one, I never made top 4, and didn't have a single championship point. But it all changed one day as I began my path along the Rainbow.

I headed to a Leauge Chalenge, with 36 masters and 6 rounds of best of 3. It was a very long day, especially after the 2 hour drive there and back. After 6 rounds of Swiss, there was a top cut of 8 to determine who won a paid trip to Fort Wayne.

I expected to go maybe 3-3, or if I was lucky 4-2. But I was lucky wrong. After only taking a loss in round two, I swept the entire day and became the only 5-1. With that, I had earned my first 15 points, and was going into top cut, seeded number one. I ended up making top 4 but was steamrolled twice by Andrew Mahone. That ended my day, but I couldn't of wished for more.

A 6-2 record is not something to be disapointed with, but I still continued to improve. Here are ALL of my events with rainbow road since. You can see the consistency.

3-1-1 (4th)
3-1-0 (4th)
3-0-1 (1st)
4-0-0 (1st)

So with that you can tell that my list really is consistent. 19-4-2. Well, I changed it a little, but the last two were the exact same list. The original ones were with Bisharp, but I realized I could more effectively power up with a Jirachi and another draw card. My current list for Fort Wayne is looking like this.

4 Xerneas
2 Joltik
2 Galvantula
2 Volcanion EX
2 Shaymin EX
1 Mew (Fates Colide)
1 Jirachi (Stardust Promo)
1 Diglett (Fates Colide)

7 Fairy Energy
4 Double Colorless

4 Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
3 Trainer's Mail
3 Max Elixir
1 Super Rod
2 Acro Bike
2 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Float Stone
1 Exp. Share
3 Sky Field
1 Parellel City

Now I know you will ask, Why Diglett? I had Carbink in there, but was spending float stones to much on them. And Diglett is Fighting type and has FREE retreat. Yes, I know it's crazy, but it's better that Safeguard in the current no abiliy meta.

Parellel city also does its work, to prevent my opponent form playing their own one. It saved me in a game against Dark Tina and M Mewtwo. Also, against M Ray and the mirror, i saves me. When you share stadiums with a opponent, they become dead cards so you Ultra Ball them away, but late game a Parellel to 3 kills you,when you threw out you then junky stadiums.

The rest of the list is simple, but I chose no Hex, Ranger of recovery cards, and rely on the lone super rod. I have struggled to manage my resources, but I play to hit hard. The second Volcanion lets me ensure I can get one out, unless I prize 2, which is 1/100. Even without Sky Field I hit for 220 mostly, and I one shot anything that's played, other than belted Zygarde.

I mostly hit 2/3 Elixirs, and 1 Ezp. Share lets me save some work. I cut Teammates, because I was drawing it in my opening hand to much, and found I only ever grabbed Pokemon themselves. I had been using Karen/Brock to be like a Super Rod I can Seeker back, but still didn't have the time to use a supporter for it. Most games I can take control with Lysandre. I needed yet again more room for speed.

I kind of got off topic, but it's my first deck that has worked, and wanted to share it with all of you.

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck for those of you going to Fort Wayne.

Congratulations! I'll give your list a shot. Rainbow Road is my most successful deck too. 4 of them placed in top 20 at Ft. Wayne and it won Dortmund. How did you do at Ft. Wayne? Thanks for sharing your list.

4-3-2
Match by match results. The later ones I forgot since it went from 9 am until 12:15 am and I was going crazy.
1-0-0 M Scizor WW
2-0-0 Volcanion WLW
3-0-0 M Mewtwo LWW
3-1-0 Metal Ray WLL (the lunchbox magerna killed me)
3-1-1 forgot the order after this but I know the decks
Volcanion Loss
Vileplume Box (we both one one and time was called and he gave me the win since he was dropping)
Yveltal/Zoroark/Magerna
Yveltal stuff...
4-3-2M Audino Fairy 1-1 (time was called on turn one of third)

After lunch, I fell apart going from 3-0 and a possible day two. The next 6 rounds went 1-3-2.

None of my friends made day two either. The only one who was close was Steve Guthrie (World Renowned). I had an awesome time Friday and Saturday, but the side events were chaos. I was disapointed my rainbow road results went from 20-5-2 to 24-8-4. I may take a break from rainbow road and build dark box, or Vileplume box. Thanks for any feedback!

I have used Poke Fam's Rainbow Road list. It's very counterintuitive, but it works very well. I am going to try to tweak it a little this month, but I won about 80% of my games with it on PTCGO last month. I saw Finn's deck list (Dortmund winner) and am STILL waiting on deck lists for all but one of the top 8 from Fort Wayne:mad::mad::mad: but may additionally tweak based on those.

Go to Team Fish Knuckles' you tube channel, he has a video where he breaks down each deck list from Dortmund, it's really good. There's also a short interview with Finn and his Rainbow Road deck that won it all on youtube, just google Dortmund Rainbow Road.

Back