• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rainbow Road AKA Rainbow Force Deck (Suggestions Appreciated!)

Tendo

Growlithe Lover
Hello, everyone! I am building a Rainbow Road AKA Rainbow Force deck! Here's my list:

18 Pokemon
4 Xerneas (BREAKthrough 107)
1 Vulpix (Primal Clash 90)
1 Ninetails (Primal Clash 91)
2 Remoraid (BREAKthrough 31)
2 Octillery (BREAKthrough 33)
1 Zorua (BREAKthrough 89)
1 Zoroark (BREAKthrough 91)
1 Pikachu (Generations RC29)
1 Raichu (Generations 27, Generations RC9)
1 Jynx (Generations 36)
1 Carbink (Fates Collide 50)
1 Jirachi (XY Promo 67)
1 Druddigon (Steam Siege 83)

30 Trainer Cards
4 Sky Field (Roaring Skies 89)
3 Professor Sycamore (BREAKpoint 107, Steam Siege 114)
3 N (Fates Collide 105)
2 Brigette (BREAKthrough 134, BREAKthrough 161)
1 Lysandre (Ancient Origins 78)
1 Evosoda (Generations 62)
2 Fighting Fury Belt (BREAKpoint 99)
2 Ultra Ball (Roaring Skies 93, Fates Collide 113)
2 Level Ball (Ancient Origins 76)
2 Float Stone (BREAKthrough 137)
3 VS Seeker (Phantom Forces 109, Roaring Skies 110)
3 Max Elixir (BREAKpoint 102)
2 Super Rod (BREAKthrough 149)

12 Energy
8 Fairy Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy (Generations 74, Fates Collide 114)

Any suggestions are appreciated! Also, I do not want to have really expensive cards in this deck (like Shaymins), I'd just like a cheap, fun deck that's also really strong!

Thank you!

Well I think some of the stage ones you have now should be extracted from the list for some of sts dual types because its two types for one location on the bench.
For example instead of the Ninetails line and do a Volcorona line and now you have a grass and fire bonus (I don't already see a grass pokemon in your list).

Well I think some of the stage ones you have now should be extracted from the list for some of sts dual types because its two types for one location on the bench.
For example instead of the Ninetails line and do a Volcorona line and now you have a grass and fire bonus (I don't already see a grass pokemon in your list).
Thanks for the suggestion! I'd prefer to keep Ninetails (makes sure Sky Field stays in play) and I'd also like to keep Raichu as it's a good evolved attacker. Maybe I'll replace Zoroark with dual- type Bisharp, though!

Thanks again!

i would suggest taking out the druddigon for a volcanion ex for the dual typing which is the key to getting big numbers early for rainbow road

i would suggest taking out the druddigon for a volcanion ex for the dual typing which is the key to getting big numbers early for rainbow road
Thanks for the suggestion, but Druddigon is a dragon type, while Volcanion is 2 types, but I already have those 2 types in this deck.

I would take out all of the Pokemon you have, leaving only the Rainbow Force Xearneas' and the Jirachi. Then, add in 2 Hoopa-EX, 2 Shaymin-EX, 1 Giratina-EX, and 1 Volcanion-EX. Your list has way too many Pokemon whom you will never be able to get out. Just 1 Hoopa with this list gets you 3 types in one go, 4 if you search for Volcanion. fill in the extra slots with consistency cards and more float stone.
Thanks for your input! However, I like the stage 1 version of this deck. It has some nice counters to certain decks. Another reason I chose not to have EX's is because I just wanted this to be a fun, cheap deck, as stated at the bottom of my post.

Thanks for your input! However, I like the stage 1 version of this deck. It has some nice counters to certain decks. Another reason I chose not to have EX's is because I just wanted this to be a fun, cheap deck, as stated at the bottom of my post.

It can be a competitive deck without having Exes. But I think you should try something like this pokemon list (trainers and energy are a more flexible thing):
4 Xerneas BKT [Y]
1-2 Mew FC [P]
2-2 Galvántula SS [L/G]
1 Carbink FC [F]
1 Volcanion EX [F/W]
1-1 or 2-2 Bisharp SS [M/D]
1 Shaymin EX (you only want 1 of it onto your bench) [C]

That way, you can have 6-7 types onto your bench without needing Skyfield. Also, Galvantula 2HKO benched Shaymin EX and Manaphy EX with a [C[, Xerneas can destroy most megas and belted EXes with 7 benched types, the same as Mew, which is also a great pivot, and Bisharp can deal 90 damage for a single [C] energy.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'd prefer to keep Ninetails (makes sure Sky Field stays in play) and I'd also like to keep Raichu as it's a good evolved attacker. Maybe I'll replace Zoroark with dual- type Bisharp, though!

Thanks again!
Alright my problem with Ninetails is your opponent can very much take advantage of it. So you have Skyfield and Ninetails in play, your opponent plays Hex Maniac and plays a Parallel city on you or some other stadium. So now you are stuck unable to play your Stadium and with less benched pokemon than you may need

It can be a competitive deck without having Exes. But I think you should try something like this pokemon list (trainers and energy are a more flexible thing):
4 Xerneas BKT [Y]
1-2 Mew FC [P]
2-2 Galvántula SS [L/G]
1 Carbink FC [F]
1 Volcanion EX [F/W]

That way, you can have 6-7 types onto your bench without needing Skyfield. Also, Galvantula 2HKO benched Shaymin EX and Manaphy EX with a [C[, Xerneas can destroy most megas and belted EXes with 7 benched types, the same as Mew, which is also a great pivot, and Bisharp can deal 90 damage for a single [C] energy.
When you put it that way, I do like that decklist. However, I might not be able to get a Shaymin. If I can't, what other card would you recommend? Also, I might want to replace the mews with Jynx instead. That way, if my opponent uses a Parallel City, Jynx can heal Xerneas, so Xerneas can use it's second attack if needed. One more thing: I feel like you'll still need Sky Fields for this deck. Sure, it may have enough space to one-shot most Pokemon, but it doesn't have room to get a second Xerneas set up.
Thank you for this list, I may have to try it!

Alright my problem with Ninetails is your opponent can very much take advantage of it. So you have Skyfield and Ninetails in play, your opponent plays Hex Maniac and plays a Parallel city on you or some other stadium. So now you are stuck unable to play your Stadium and with less benched pokemon than you may need
That's not quite how Hex Maniac works. Hex Maniac works until the end of your opponent's next turn, meaning if they use it, I still have my turn to use Sky Field again. But Ninetails still does have some weaknesses.

Last edited:
When you put it that way, I do like that decklist. However, I might not be able to get a Shaymin. If I can't, what other card would you recommend? Also, I might want to replace the mews with Jynx instead. That way, if my opponent uses a Parallel City, Jynx can heal Xerneas, so Xerneas can use it's second attack if needed. One more thing: I feel like you'll still need Sky Fields for this deck. Sure, it may have enough space to one-shot most Pokemon, but it doesn't have room to get a second Xerneas set up.
Thank you for this list, I may have to try it!

In fact, unless you're playing against Garbodor, you don't need room for a second Xerneas during your turn. Remember that Mew copies all your basics attacks, including Rainbow Force, and gives you another type to hit for weakness. If you don't have a Xerneas onto your bench, that means it have just been KOed, so know you have room for a new Xerneas there (which playing 4 ultra ball and 1-2 super rod it's easy to have one in hand). Futhermore, while I said that you don't need Skyfield, I didn't mean to not play them (I play 3-of). What I mean is that you can reach OHKO numbers although you've lost the stadium war ;)

Also, Mew acts as an excellent pivot during a turn. That way, you can have it as your active, Max Elixir your benched Xerneas, attach DCE from hand an retreat Mew, since it has free retreat, which is very powerfull in this game. I see what you say about Jynx, but at least during my first tournament with this deck (yesterday) I could see that Xerneas is easily OHKOed (160 HP with FFB is still low), so more often than not you won't be able to heal it with Jynx.

If you can't afford a single Shaymin EX, maybe you could try something such as Drudiggon SS or Bunnelby PCR to get the extra type, although they're not as useful as Shaymin; but I recommend you to try to get one, there's a huge difference between having at least one or not, and while a playset is too expensive, I think a single copy can be bought by saving a bit of money instead of buying packs.

And finally, this about Ninetales, you're worst enemy aren't Hex Maniac or Garbodor; they are Paint Roller and Delinquent. If you're opponent plays them once Ninetales is there, you lost your stadium forever.

I hope this can help you, I'll add more opinions as long as I play my next tournament :)

I like the turbo ex build, as it is extremely fast. The pure speed and damage output is what made nightmarch good, and I believe if we make this deck as fast as possible, (And it has been done), with the proper list and mentality you could easily hit for high damage t1, t2. The math is really nice too

4 Xerneas BKT [Y]
1-2 Mew FC [P]
2-2 Galvántula SS [L/G]
1 Carbink FC [F]
1 Volcanion EX [F/W]

Here's my new decklist using your suggestions:

16 Pokemon
4 Xerneas (BREAKthrough 107)
1 Volcanion-EX (Steam Siege 26, Steam Siege 107, Steam Siege 115)
1 Shaymin-EX (Roaring Skies 77, Roaring Skies 106)
2 Pawniard (Steam Siege 63)
2 Bisharp (Steam Siege 64)
2 Joltik (Steam Siege 41)
2 Galvantula (Steam Siege 42)
1 Mew (Fates Collide 29)
1 Carbink (Fates Collide 50)

32 Trainer Cards
3 Professor Sycamore (BREAKpoint 107, Steam Siege 114)
3 N (Fates Collide 105)
2 Brigette (BREAKthrough 134, BREAKthrough 161)
1 Lysandre (Ancient Origins 78)
1 Pokemon Ranger (Steam Siege 104, Steam Siege 113)
4 Sky Field (Roaring Skies 89)
3 VS Seeker (Phantom Forces 109, Roaring Skies 110)
3 Max Elixir (BREAKpoint 102)
2 Ultra Ball (Roaring Skies 93, Fates Collide 113)
2 Level Ball (Ancient Origins 76)
2 Fighting Fury Belt (BREAKpoint 99)
2 Float Stone (BREAKthrough 137)
2 Super Rod (BREAKthrough 149)
1 Evosoda (Generations 62)
1 Escape Rope (Primal Clash 127)

12 Energy
8 Fairy Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy (Generations 74, Fates Collide 114)

I might replace the Brigettes. I'll have to experiment with them first.
Thanks for the help!

I literally just got back from a league cup, I also played xerneas but the ex turbo build and absolutely crushed this stage 1 version of it in a mirror match.
The issue with stage one variant is that it takes at least 2 turns to set up and it's then a nightmare to set back up again if knocked out.

I have an inclusion of dragonite ex in my deck which makes coming back easier.

Back