• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rainbow Force for Budget Players

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
Much like everyone, rotation has been a pain for me. I dismantled my old deck (Trevenant), and started my search for a new Standard deck to use. I finally decided on a Rainbow Force Xerneas deck, since I already had most of the Pokemon and it was the most budget deck thats actually viable in this ever-changing format.

Pokemon-15
  • x4 Xerneas Breakthrough
  • 1-1 Ninetails Primal Clash
  • 1-1 Octillary Breakthrough
  • 1-1 Galvantula Steam Siege
  • 1-1 Bisharp Steam Siege
  • 1-1 Golurk Ancient Origins
  • x1 Hawlucha Steam Siege
Trainer-34
  • x3 Prof. Sycamore
  • x2 N
  • x2 Lysandre
  • x2 Brigette
  • x1 Pokemon Ranger
  • x1 Pokemon Fan Club
  • x1 Hex Maniac
  • x1 Teammates
  • x4 Sky Field
  • x3 Ultra Ball
  • x2 Evosoda
  • x2 Switch
  • x2 VS Seeker
  • x2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • x1 Town Map
  • x1 Special Charge
  • x1 Super Scoop Up
  • x1 Exp. Share
  • x1 Level Ball
  • x1 Escape Rope
Energy-11
  • x4 Double Colorless Energy
  • x5 Fairy Energy
  • x2 Wonder Energy

For anyone who is unaware, the strategy is to put different types of Pokemon on the bench to power up Xerneass' attack Rainbow Force. Which does a base of 10, plus 30 more for each different type of Pokemon on the bench. With the addition of duel-types in Steam Siege, you can reach damage that was before impossible. Sky field helps with putting down more Pokemon, and allowing you to reach max damage and still have room for charging up another Xerneas. The deck engine is pretty standard, with Sycamores, Ns, and Lysandres to rule the field and help with draw power. Pokemon Ranger is there to help with Jolteon, however I teched in a few Wonder Energy to combat added effects. I've tested this specific deck list, and while it is fast and powerful, it's not very consistent. Any tips on how I can make it better are appreciated!

My girl friend plays this kind of deck, she includes skarmory (Roaring Skies). 2 basic pokemon on the bench for 1 colorless fits into the theme pretty well, you might want to consider it.

I think scoop up rotated out... there are a number of youtubers who have posted videos on this deck lately. I agree with the use of Ninetales to lock in your stadium, and I use Magearna but I'm sure someone will comment that I'm crazy for doing that.

There are other postings for Rainbow Road in the garage as well.

I think scoop up rotated out... there are a number of youtubers who have posted videos on this deck lately. I agree with the use of Ninetales to lock in your stadium, and I use Magearna but I'm sure someone will comment that I'm crazy for doing that.

There are other postings for Rainbow Road in the garage as well.
I was unaware of SSUs rotation, thanks for the heads up! May I ask why you use Magearna? Unless your're running Steel energy shes kinda useless. Besides, Bisharp covers the Steel typing as well as dark

My girl friend plays this kind of deck, she includes skarmory (Roaring Skies). 2 basic pokemon on the bench for 1 colorless fits into the theme pretty well, you might want to consider it.
I had never thought of using a Call For Family Pokemon! I might experiment with a few Skarmorys and a few Talonflames, just to see if they can actually add something.

Yeah everybody else thinks I'm crazy too. There are just SO many pokemon that can paralyze you or put you to sleep or discard an energy off you so I'm trying to work in Magearna to see if that helps. But yes you are in the majority if you don't want to play Magearna.

I'm just trying to put pokemon on the bench that actually do something.

Yeah everybody else thinks I'm crazy too. There are just SO many pokemon that can paralyze you or put you to sleep or discard an energy off you so I'm trying to work in Magearna to see if that helps. But yes you are in the majority if you don't want to play Magearna.

If only there was an Ace-Spec that allowed Basic Non-EX Pokemon to change their type for a turn... Volcanion EX would actually do something more than sit on the bench in Rainbow Road

Much like everyone, rotation has been a pain for me. I dismantled my old deck (Trevenant), and started my search for a new Standard deck to use. I finally decided on a Rainbow Force Xerneas deck, since I already had most of the Pokemon and it was the most budget deck thats actually viable in this ever-changing format.

Pokemon-15
  • x4 Xerneas Breakthrough
  • 1-1 Ninetails Primal Clash
  • 1-1 Octillary Breakthrough
  • 1-1 Galvantula Steam Siege
  • 1-1 Bisharp Steam Siege
  • 1-1 Golurk Ancient Origins
  • x1 Hawlucha Steam Siege
Trainer-34
  • x3 Prof. Sycamore
  • x2 N
  • x2 Lysandre
  • x2 Brigette
  • x1 Pokemon Ranger
  • x1 Pokemon Fan Club
  • x1 Hex Maniac
  • x1 Teammates
  • x4 Sky Field
  • x3 Ultra Ball
  • x2 Evosoda
  • x2 Switch
  • x2 VS Seeker
  • x2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • x1 Town Map
  • x1 Special Charge
  • x1 Super Scoop Up
  • x1 Exp. Share
  • x1 Level Ball
  • x1 Escape Rope
Energy-11
  • x4 Double Colorless Energy
  • x5 Fairy Energy
  • x2 Wonder Energy

For anyone who is unaware, the strategy is to put different types of Pokemon on the bench to power up Xerneass' attack Rainbow Force. Which does a base of 10, plus 30 more for each different type of Pokemon on the bench. With the addition of duel-types in Steam Siege, you can reach damage that was before impossible. Sky field helps with putting down more Pokemon, and allowing you to reach max damage and still have room for charging up another Xerneas. The deck engine is pretty standard, with Sycamores, Ns, and Lysandres to rule the field and help with draw power. Pokemon Ranger is there to help with Jolteon, however I teched in a few Wonder Energy to combat added effects. I've tested this specific deck list, and while it is fast and powerful, it's not very consistent. Any tips on how I can make it better are appreciated!
Deck looks pretty solid. Maybe work a few Trainers' Mail in?

Note: Octillary is spelled Octillery, and Ninetails is spelled Ninetales. Sorry, had to. Some new player is going to get confused, and in the terms of service it says spell everything correctly.

Deck looks pretty solid. Maybe work a few Trainers' Mail in?

Note: Octillary is spelled Octillery, and Ninetails is spelled Ninetales. Sorry, had to. Some new player is going to get confused, and in the terms of service it says spell everything correctly.
Oops... Sorry. While I don't think people will get confused, I have read the Terms of Service so I completely understand. Just a final thought, if you ever see someone accidentally doing what I did, use the report button. Just in case someone might be offended or take it the wrong way. I completely understand and agree that correct spelling is of the up most importance. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Yeah, I understand. Bisharp is helpful since it has Retaliate which is something that might be of use. I have the means to put in Magearna, but instead I run Wonder Energy. Which, "Prevents all effects of your opponents attacks, except damage done to the (Fairy) Pokemon this card is attached to. (Existing effects are not removed.)" So basically its Magearna in the form of an Energy card.

Back