• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Raikou and Shining Genesect!

Teenyvictini

Aspiring Trainer
Decklist:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Caterpie BUS 1 (Place holder for Shining legends Bulbasaur)
* 1 Butterfree BUS 3 (Place holder for Shining Legends Venasaur)
* 2 Grubbin SUM 13
* 1 Charjabug SUM 51
* 2 Vikavolt SUM 52
* 3 Raikou BKT 55
* 3 Genesect PR-XY XY119 (Place holder for Shining Legends Shining Genesect)
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 3 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 3 N FCO 105
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 1 Escape Rope BUS 114
* 2 Team Flare Grunt XY 129

##Energy - 12

* 6 Lightning Energy Energy 4
* 6 Grass Energy Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Plan: Shining Genesect and Raikou both have similar attacks that do more damage for each energy attached to them for the same energy they are! Since they're both Lightning and Grass and basic pokemon they work well Aether Paradise Conservation Area, and If Raikou has any lightning energy attached to it it takes 20 less damage from attacks. Okay so we're doing good now, Genesect is taking 30 less damage and Raikou is taking 50 less damage. Now let's add our fighting fury belts on. Fighting fury, in my opinion, is a better choice than choice band, even though we still play one, because it boosts you HP up more. Now, we play Vikavolt because it can easily power up both Raikou and Genesect at the same time, and we play Bulbasaur to pretty much double Genesect's attack damage. Now we've got pretty bulky 1 prize fighters! The rest of the cards are pretty much staples! Please give feed back in the comments! :)

Personally I would only run Genesect/Venusaur. This deck seems kinda clunky with the two stage 2 lines. So i'd focus on one or the other (Raikou or Genesect).
If you have your heart set on running both of them though, I have a few changes I would make to your current list.

You need to run a thicker line of Venusaur. If you happen to prize either of Venusaur or Bulbasaur, that could hurt you a lot.

I'd recommend another lele, thought I would assume you don't have one, cause you'd probably be playing if you did.

I don't really see any reason to run Team Flare, this deck isn't made for disruption, so it really just clogs up the deck. You definitely need to max out your Rare candy count, especially when your running two stage 2's.

so,
-2 Team Flare Grunt
-1 Raikou
-1 Kukui
-1 Letter

+2 Rare Candy
+1 Bulbasaur
+1 Venusaur
+1 Guzma

If you do decide to play Genesect/Venusaur, you would definitely need to play Max Elixir. It helps accelerate energy, and you can also use Genesect's Ability to move the energy to the active. I'd recommend running either Genesect/Venusaur or Raikou/Magnezone. I will say though that Genesect may not be super great right now considering how good Fire is right now.

That's all I got, hope this helps.
I'd love to know how this deck works for you.

Personally I would only run Genesect/Venusaur. This deck seems kinda clunky with the two stage 2 lines. So i'd focus on one or the other (Raikou or Genesect).
If you have your heart set on running both of them though, I have a few changes I would make to your current list.

You need to run a thicker line of Venusaur. If you happen to prize either of Venusaur or Bulbasaur, that could hurt you a lot.

I'd recommend another lele, thought I would assume you don't have one, cause you'd probably be playing if you did.

I don't really see any reason to run Team Flare, this deck isn't made for disruption, so it really just clogs up the deck. You definitely need to max out your Rare candy count, especially when your running two stage 2's.

so,
-2 Team Flare Grunt
-1 Raikou
-1 Kukui
-1 Letter

+2 Rare Candy
+1 Bulbasaur
+1 Venusaur
+1 Guzma

If you do decide to play Genesect/Venusaur, you would definitely need to play Max Elixir. It helps accelerate energy, and you can also use Genesect's Ability to move the energy to the active. I'd recommend running either Genesect/Venusaur or Raikou/Magnezone. I will say though that Genesect may not be super great right now considering how good Fire is right now.

That's all I got, hope this helps.
I'd love to know how this deck works for you.
Thanks so much! I'll attempt to split them into two seperate decks! :D You're correct about the Tapu Lele GX, I do only own 1 copy.

Back