• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Raiding Psy-Feathers

TheEso

lvl. 100
Eso.jpg
Disclaimer: As far as I know, I haven't seen this deck list being posted around so I am going to say it is my own idea...
I have been looking at partners for Decidueye-GX (SM) that won't get wrecked by the champion, Volcanion-EX. What I came up with was M Alakazam-EX. People have dissed my deck idea saying "it's too clunky" but honestly, I've been play testing this list on PTCGO and 8.5/10 times, I can get M Alakazam-EX out on the second turn as well as 2-3 Decidueyes Which leads to ultimate destruction. I run evolution lines quite thin and risky in this deck only for the fact that I play Rotom Dex (SM) which can really save your throat in some games. Without any more of your time being wasted, I present to you: Decidueye-GX/M Alakazam!:cool:

Pokémon - 16

* 2 Shaymin-EX (Draw Power)
* 1 Latios-EX (Potential Donk, works well with same energy type as Alakazam)
* 3 Rowlet
* 3 Dartrix
* 3 Decidueye-GX (Snipe Damage, boost M Alakazam)
* 2 Alakazam-EX
* 2 M Alakazam-EX (Main Attacker)

Trainer Cards - 38

* 4 Professor Sycamore
* 3 Trainers' Mail
* 3 Devolution Spray
* 2 Super Rod
* 2 Lysandre
* 1 Escape Rope
* 3 Forest of Giant Plants
* 2 Float Stone
* 3 Level Ball AOR 76
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 3 N FAC 105
* 3 Alakazam Spirit Link
* 1 Town Map (Replace this with with Rotom Dex if you are playing this list IRL)
* 4 VS Seeker

Energy - 6

* 6 Psychic Energy
This deck seems clunky, however, I find myself easily discarding Pokemon and Energy early and the two super rods come in handy here to recycle for later game. Depending on what your playing against, keep your bench with one Shaymin-EX and 2-3 Decidueye-GX and a possible M-Alakazam.

Pokemon used:
poketab.mx_12-Decidueye-GX.png XY10_EN_118.png XY6_EN_101.png

Last edited:
Alright, so I've thought about this some, and I think there are some ways to improve the overall consistency of the idea.

First, I think you should focus more on Alakazam's attack, and less on his ability, treating his ability as more of a "bonus" than anything. You're going to build the bulk of your damage with your Decidueyes, so let's drop the Devo-sprays to get us some more card space to make that happen more often.

Second, there aren't any key one-ofs that will really hamper you if they're prized so I don't think you really need town map, and personally, I think Rotom-dex is a pretty bad card to be honest, as it doesn't even guarantee the card you want won't just go right back in the prizes. I think we can use this spot better as well.

I really like the idea of Latios in theory, because you're already playing Psychic, but let's look at it for a second. You're not playing Fury Belt, so turn 1 this attack is capped at 40. The most common "small" starters are Froakie, and probably Rowlett now, neither of which will this donk. Most decks are going to start with a bigger basic. Volcanion, Yveltal, Talonflame, EXes in general. You will likely also need a switch card to get into Fast Raid. I really don't think you're going to pull this off often enough for it to matter.

---

3/3 M Alakazam EX (thicker line for your main swinger)
4/3/3 Decidueye GX (4th Rowlett for prizing/early KO problems)
3 Shaymin EX (increase chance to get 2 Set-Ups per game)
=19

4 Sycamore
3 VS Seeker
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Brock's Grit (BG+Revitalizer+Mega Turbo is a solid recovery tank)
=12

4 Forest of Giant Plants
4 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
3 Trainers' Mail
3 Alakazam Spirit Link
2 Float Stone
2 Mega Turbo (one-energy at a time isn't going to cut it if you need to prize-trade)
1 Revitalizer (super rod loses some importance due to Mega Turbo)
1 Escape Rope
=23

6 Psychic Energy

Anyway, unlike others, I don't think the idea has too much going on necessarily. Getting it to run well is going to be a challenge, and ultimately other things in the meta may give you too much trouble (Garbodor, Greninja, Volcanion, Gardevoir), but I'm interested to see if the deck can find success anyway. So hope my input helps a bit.

Last edited:
I agree that this deck could be awesome, but I also agree that you should drop the latios and devo sprays. They can come in clutch, but getting Decidueye set up will be difficult enough with Alakazam in there, having the extra space for consistency is essential. I'm not the best deck builder, but I would also suggest finding space for a second revitalizer and maybe some more mega turbos. Block's Grit isn't going to be nearly as good as those. Easier said than done of course, but in the list above I would switch Brock with another revitalizer at least.

There is no down side to switching 1 psychic energy with a grass. M Alakazam needs a psychic and colorless, so one grass could never hurt you. The reason for it is for the small chance you could use the GX attack or that desperate one in a million chance late gameyou find your only way to win is a razor leaf. Adding 2 has a very slim chance of you only hitting grass, but also increases odds of being able to use your GX attack. Switching one for a grass has absolutely no downside.

You will have to watch out for Garb and Greninja's Shadow Stitching. As long as you hit Trubbish with a feather arrow you can Lysandre it and hit it for 140 thanks to weakness. For Greninja, by committing 3 Energy you could one shot the BREAKs with Razor Leaf. On the other hand, you should have no problem winning if you go first. 2 Feather Arrows and a Kinesis snipes one and if its active you just need 2 Damage counters to one shot with Zen Force.

Switching one for a grass has absolutely no downside.
Just wanna be "that guy" and bring up slugma
180px-SlugmaPrimalClash22.jpg

I like the idea, however, bench space could be an issue so I think I would cut 1 (also because I am cheap and only have 2 Shaymin-Exs irl).
There is no down side to switching 1 psychic energy with a grass. M Alakazam needs a psychic and colorless, so one grass could never hurt you. The reason for it is for the small chance you could use the GX attack or that desperate one in a million chance late gameyou find your only way to win is a razor leaf. Adding 2 has a very slim chance of you only hitting grass, but also increases odds of being able to use your GX attack. Switching one for a grass has absolutely no downside.

You will have to watch out for Garb and Greninja's Shadow Stitching. As long as you hit Trubbish with a feather arrow you can Lysandre it and hit it for 140 thanks to weakness. For Greninja, by committing 3 Energy you could one shot the BREAKs with Razor Leaf. On the other hand, you should have no problem winning if you go first. 2 Feather Arrows and a Kinesis snipes one and if its active you just need 2 Damage counters to one shot with Zen Force.
I think I am going to just run a rainbow energy. :3 I have been play tsting it for a while and it works just fine... (Using Hollow Hunt GX)

I agree that this deck could be awesome, but I also agree that you should drop the latios and devo sprays. They can come in clutch, but getting Decidueye set up will be difficult enough with Alakazam in there, having the extra space for consistency is essential. I'm not the best deck builder, but I would also suggest finding space for a second revitalizer and maybe some more mega turbos. Block's Grit isn't going to be nearly as good as those. Easier said than done of course, but in the list above I would switch Brock with another revitalizer at least.
I am currently testing many things.

you should note mega turbo-rainbow energy desynergy. Either way there is still no (excluding slugma) downside to running a single grass energy.
Also, I think maybe Meowstic-EX/magma base would be something you might want to try as its simpler than the stage 2 line.

Just wanna be "that guy" and bring up slugma
180px-SlugmaPrimalClash22.jpg
I almost said don't be "that guy" but couldn't think of any cards that punish grass energy. If you take Decidueye Alakazam to a tournament and actually face Slugma, I will be speechless.

Back