• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard [Raichu/Vespiquen] Old Player. First Deck Back

LuxTwo

TeamSandileWich
Howdy! This is my first deck back since leaving the game around 3 years ago.
Thanks for the help!

Deck List

Pokemon:
(Total 25)

Trainers:
  • Ultra Ball x4
  • Level Ball x4
  • VS Seeker x3
  • Special Charge x2
  • Random Receiver x2
  • Enhanced Hammer x1
  • N x4
  • Professor Sycamore x3
  • Lysandre x2
  • Giovanni’s Scheme x1
  • Hex Maniac x1
  • Delinquent x1
  • Sky Field x3
(Total 31)

Energy:
  • DCE x4
(Total 4)

It's a pretty easy deck. I made it mainly because I had a lot of the cards for it already. All I usually do is try and attack with Raichu(Circle Circut) early on and switch to Vespiquen(Bee Revenge) later. Any and all help is appreciated.

EDIT: So I'm thinking of

- 2-2 Eevee/Jolteon/Flareon

+4 Klefki STS

-1 Shaymin ROS

+1 Pokemon Ranger/Bridgette

I'm really not sure about either of these options though. Still on the fence but I think they might be better...

Last edited:
The eeveelutions seem kinda of slow, but hitting for weakness is nice. Also why not add vaporeon instead of jolteon? You already have electric typing with raichu, why not get water with vaporeon? Also klefki from steam seige is really good in this deck ( its ability allows you to attach it to your pokemon as a tool card that blocks damage from mega pokemon for one turn then discards itself during your next turn) so it will help against the mega matchup and add damage to vespiquen. (Also you can attach it to unkown and farwell letter two pokemon and draw a card). Just some thing to think about! Good luck!

My suggestion would be to maybe add in some more energy? Just in case of the off chance you'll be stuck with Jolteon or Flareon as your active for a few turns. You'd have no way to attack with them.

The eeveelutions seem kinda of slow, but hitting for weakness is nice. Also why not add vaporeon instead of jolteon? You already have electric typing with raichu, why not get water with vaporeon? Also klefki from steam seige is really good in this deck ( its ability allows you to attach it to your pokemon as a tool card that blocks damage from mega pokemon for one turn then discards itself during your next turn) so it will help against the mega matchup and add damage to vespiquen. (Also you can attach it to unkown and farwell letter two pokemon and draw a card). Just some thing to think about! Good luck!

Yea I think Vaporeon wouldn't be bad! Kinda dumb I haven't thought of this before. This deck was originally mainly Vespiquen so I had Jolteon but after mainly using Raichu now it makes sense to replace the Jolteon. And I was recommended Klefki a lot! I'll test it out this week. Thanks a lot for the input!

My suggestion would be to maybe add in some more energy? Just in case of the off chance you'll be stuck with Jolteon or Flareon as your active for a few turns. You'd have no way to attack with them.

Before I ran x2 Fire and x2 Electric Energies. Mainly to attack with Jolteon or Flareon if I needed to(Which won me a game or two actually); plus you can retreat Pikachu/Eevee/Unown without having to waste a DCE. BUT I dont anymore because they really clogged up the deck. I can probably work around it and find somewhere to fit them; but like half the time they're a dead draw/brick

You should add a Vaporeon for weakness on Volcanion EX and you could add Brigette against Vileplume decks.

You should add a Vaporeon for weakness on Volcanion EX and you could add Brigette against Vileplume decks.

I was looking at what Vaporeon would offer in terms of type coverage and Volcanion was a big reason I'm planning on switching if I continue the Eevee line. Was thinking of scrapping them for x4 Klefki but I'm not too sure that is the right choice.

I was also thinking of -1 Shaymin for a Pokemon Ranger or other supported and maybe Bridgette would fit. I'm not sure if it is worth the Shaymin spot though

Because you have raichu, a third shaymin is important, and is necessary to help get set up to hit the bigger #'s. Also, I kind of think that Raichu and Vespiquen counteract each other. Maybe raichu and Yanmega would work better. Professor K has a really good Yanmega Break Raichu Deck
. The reason is that Vespiquen gains damage from pokemon in the discard, and Raichu wants pokemon in the discard. Hope i helped.

Back