JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Pokemon has revealed a Raichu V and a new Lapras from Japan’s upcoming set S9 Star Birth, which releases there on January 14th. Cards from Star Birth are expected to become part of the international set Sword & Shield–Brilliant Stars. Thanks goes to ToineLay for the translation.
Raichu V – Lightning – HP200
Basic Pokemon
[L] Fast Charge: If you go first, you can use this attack on your first turn. Search your deck for a [L] Energy and attach it to this Pokemon. Then, shuffle your deck.
[L][L] Dynamic Spark: 60x damage. You may discard any amount of [L] Energy from your Pokemon in play. This attack does 60 damage for each card you discarded in this way.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
This is probably the best 2-prize Raichu we've seen lol. Too bad about the bears though.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Lapras - too unreliable. Tell me how to whack 3 energy on Lapras, in a single turn, after your Pokemon gets KOed? I wish it was a Single-energy, then I'll consider it. 3 Geodudes
Raichu V - better than Blacephalon for some reasons, yet we only stuck on Flaaffy as our main support. We need more. 4

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
All? We only have Flaaffy.
The stadium card that searches out lighting and dragon Basic Pokémon, Zapdos as a bench sniper, Raikou V as a lightning version of Suicune V, Battle VIP Pass combined with the reprint of Ultra Ball, Speed Ligthning Energy, the standard Level Ball and Quick Ball engine, and last but not least Zinnia's Resolve. I would call that sufficient support to look into Raichu V as a viable deck.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
It says "[L][C] Dynamic Spark: 60x damage..." but the attack costs 2 lightning.

IDK how to ping important people...

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Much better than Rayquaza, that's for sure. You don't need to put a vulnerable VMax into play, and you don't need to rely on multiple energy splits or multiple pivot cards to switch between your attackers. Now let's see how viable this can be in a format with Meloetta. I would guess that the deck would play the same as the current non-rulebox Flaaffy variant, except now it has the option to make huge burst damage.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
The stadium card that searches out lighting and dragon Basic Pokémon, Zapdos as a bench sniper, Raikou V as a lightning version of Suicune V, Battle VIP Pass combined with the reprint of Ultra Ball, Speed Ligthning Energy, the standard Level Ball and Quick Ball engine, and last but not least Zinnia's Resolve. I would call that sufficient support to look into Raichu V as a viable deck.
I don't count. Those were setup supports. What I mean is like Blacephalon having, Kiawe + Welder + Beast Ring level. We only got Flaaffy

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I don't count. Those were setup supports. What I mean is like Blacephalon having, Kiawe + Welder + Beast Ring level. We only got Flaaffy
I mean... that's still support. What you should have said is that there's very little ways to load it... and that isn't true anyway, we have Flaaffy, Raihan and Electrode. What you could argue is that the format is not kind to this kind of setup. Getting to the golden "300+ damage per turn" setup is just too unfeasible nowadays with the spread and snipe, even if Mew helps gatekeeping that kind of decks.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I mean... that's still support. What you should have said is that there's very little ways to load it... and that isn't true anyway, we have Flaaffy, Raihan and Electrode. What you could argue is that the format is not kind to this kind of setup. Getting to the golden "300+ damage per turn" setup is just too unfeasible nowadays with the spread and snipe, even if Mew helps gatekeeping that kind of decks.
Still dislike Electrode though. If we have some cards that took advantage of being behind in the prize trade, I can consider it. After all, its just a Stage 1, and you're already ran a Stage 1 at that point.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
It's a cool enough card but it unfortunately has a severe lack of support in Standard

Alcremie was good because Shadow Rider was good. Raichu doesn't have a card like Shadow Rider to pair with other than Flaaffy which doesn't have nearly as good of an ability nor does it survive very long against Jolteon or RS Urshifu

Being weak to fighting also sucks because you just get destroyed by both Urshi's

Last edited:

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
I love Raichu but this really should've been a Luxray V, idk why there's not as much DP theming in this set as there should be lol

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
We're getting a very obviously BDSP/LA themed set and yet many of the upcoming ultra rares are for non-Sinnohian Pokémon and Pokémon we've recently got ultra rares for (Whimsicott Vstar/Whimsicott GX, Raichu V/Raichu GX, Charizard Vstar/the 50 charizards since XY). I genuinely question these people's design process (as if there is any lmao)