• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Raichu GX

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
So I pulled a Rainbow Rare Raichu....

Pokémon: 19
2x Raikou SHL 32
1x Raikou BKT 55
4x Pikachu GEN RC29
3x Raichu GX SHL 75
1x Raichu GEN XY43
3x Tapu Lele GX GRI 155
2x Voltorb SHL 30
2x Electrode EVO 40
1x Marshadow SHL 45

Trainers: 28
4x Max Elixir
4x Ultra Ball
4x Sycamore
4x N
1x Brigette
3x Choice Band
3x Guzma
1x Kukui
1x Fisherman
1x Professor's Letter
2x Field Blower

Energy: 13
13x Lightning

Last edited:
I was thinking about making a list like this myself! I had a few notes about the list:

Glad you but in the Raikou from Shining Legends (also the Breakthrough one as a back-up attacker). I was debating if it was necessary as there's a Pikachu promo (black star XY202) that allows you to search Lighting energy from your deck and attach, but I also don't know how easy it is to get. I do love the artwork on the Radiant Collection Pikachu, though. There are a couple of better utility ones, though, just to let you know!

I don't think Marshadow is necessary. If you're looking for extra draw, maybe try Oranguru, instead? If you're looking for hand disruption, Judge is still Standard Legal, so that might be a consideration instead of filling up bench space. But again, if there was something else that neither of these options were providing, it may be the right choice! Just voice your concerns.

How helpful is Kukui in matchups? Do you find the extra 20 damage helps you in most situations? Or is it more worthwhile to run another energy so that it's easier to get more energy out?

I might warn against using Professor's letter. It gives Garbodor some extra damage against you, and your opponent can still N away the second energy you get with it (provided you didn't already attach before using the letter). Also, the more energy in your deck, the better your Max Elixirs are. Professor's Letter has a few good uses, but I don't think it fits well in this deck.

Let me recommend Wally! Even though he's not consistent, you have a few Pokémon that might benefit from some unexpected Wallys. For instance, you could surprise some people with Electrodes out of nowhere providing some good burst! You can definitely fool your opponents into thinking you can't reach for an extra 40 damage... which is some pretty good reach.

Last note: I don't see any field blowers or stadium cards. I can see the reasoning for stadium cards, as there aren't a lot of stadiums this deck would play, except maybe Aether Paradise Conservation Area (kind of falls into the reasoning of why people don't play fighting fury belt right now) or Parallel City (good disruption, but this deck isn't really centered around that), but field blower is too good to pass up. It allows you to disable Garbodors from blocking Tapu Lele, Electrode, and currently your Marshadow (and even a recommended Oranguru), so to me it seems like a good idea to run at least 1 of those.

These are all suggestions, so let me know if you have limitations like ability to buy certain cards, playing online, or playing with certain restrictions. I love the deck idea and I think you have a good start!

Glad you but in the Raikou from Shining Legends (also the Breakthrough one as a back-up attacker). I was debating if it was necessary as there's a Pikachu promo (black star XY202) that allows you to search Lighting energy from your deck and attach, but I also don't know how easy it is to get. I do love the artwork on the Radiant Collection Pikachu, though. There are a couple of better utility ones, though, just to let you know!
Which ones are better, I couldn't think of any, so this was the best one that came to mind. Actually looking back I do have a couple of those promo Pikas...

I don't think Marshadow is necessary. If you're looking for extra draw, maybe try Oranguru, instead? If you're looking for hand disruption, Judge is still Standard Legal, so that might be a consideration instead of filling up bench space. But again, if there was something else that neither of these options were providing, it may be the right choice! Just voice your concerns.
I don't use Shadow for disruption, sometimes you can't shrink your hand enough for instruct, and Shadow can always be used

I was thinking about making a list like this myself! I had a few notes about the list:
How helpful is Kukui in matchups? Do you find the extra 20 damage helps you in most situations? Or is it more worthwhile to run another energy so that it's easier to get more energy out?
Haven't playtested yet, but it seems pretty difficult to 2hKO Gardy and Metagross, and Kukui can help

I might warn against using Professor's letter. It gives Garbodor some extra damage against you, and your opponent can still N away the second energy you get with it (provided you didn't already attach before using the letter). Also, the more energy in your deck, the better your Max Elixirs are. Professor's Letter has a few good uses, but I don't think it fits well in this deck.
It's better than using Clemont, Oricorio, or Ribombee to search out energy....

Let me recommend Wally! Even though he's not consistent, you have a few Pokémon that might benefit from some unexpected Wallys. For instance, you could surprise some people with Electrodes out of nowhere providing some good burst! You can definitely fool your opponents into thinking you can't reach for an extra 40 damage... which is some pretty good reach.

Last note: I don't see any field blowers or stadium cards. I can see the reasoning for stadium cards, as there aren't a lot of stadiums this deck would play, except maybe Aether Paradise Conservation Area (kind of falls into the reasoning of why people don't play fighting fury belt right now) or Parallel City (good disruption, but this deck isn't really centered around that), but field blower is too good to pass up. It allows you to disable Garbodors from blocking Tapu Lele, Electrode, and currently your Marshadow (and even a recommended Oranguru), so to me it seems like a good idea to run at least 1 of those.

These are all suggestions, so let me know if you have limitations like ability to buy certain cards, playing online, or playing with certain restrictions. I love the deck idea and I think you have a good start!
I can see your point but Wally is way too inconsistent to even waste space on it

I'm an idiot, I forgot about it, about to add 2

I say no to Zoroark GX. Also, have you thought about 1 Counter Energy, since you'll almost always be behind on prizes, and it powers up BKT Raikou. It's mainly just there to be cute. What's the point of Fisherman? You only manually attach 1 Energy a turn, and with 13 of them, drawing them to get that said attachment isn't a problem. The space would be better used on a Super Rod, or even better, an Acerola. Acerola-like Field Blower, is way too good to pass up, especially since your Energy leaves the board either way. Only with Acerola, you deny prizes and possibly recycle your Energy/ attackers. I honestly think the Circle Circuit Raichu is better in thought than in actual gameplay. In just about every single situation I can think of, Raichu GX is better. I also must say that I DO agree with the Marshadow. It's a cute tech that I honestly think will become a 1-of staple in most decks. I plan to play Raichu once I get the cards for it, and I've been debating the Electrode version, I most likely won't play them out of personal preference, but again, that's just preference. What cards do you plan to play when CRI drops? I think I'll play a Kartana as a tech for Drampa, Golisopod, and Decidueye. And the Acerola is there, so it's not necessarily a waste of bench space. Needless to say it will be replaced with Xurkitree, but that's not for a little while.
I'm also super jealous that you pulled rainbow Raichu when I can't afford to buy singles. Where do you even get the money for this stuff? Aren't you a senior?

Maybe instead of the BKT Raichu swap that with the BUS one? That way when you evolve it you paralyze your opponents’s active. I would replace an N with another Bridgette in case it gets prizes/you get your Pikachus our faster. I agree with TorchHG, don’t see how Marshadow works in this deck

Bump for more suggestions. I may have to take out a Lele... what are your thoughts on if I should and if so, what I should replace it with

WAY too slow and clunky
I agree that Magnezone is a bit clunky, but the way I'm (planning on) running it, I use a 1-1 Dragonair SUM Line in combo with Clemont to get a massive damage boost. I also use fewer max elixirs for that reason.

Back